You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

On 16/11/2021 at 15:50, Spy Bee said:

Yeah, so I just had to buy some ETH for gas, because I wanted to stake LSS. I absolutely cannot bare ETH fees, but they are still the market leader until someone is nudged aside.

And with a bear market coming, it remains to be seen how bouyant the likes of Solana and Polkadot will be.  That's the problem, Bitcoin and Eth are going to survive set-backs, so gas fees are here to stay for the moment.  

11 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

What's the tax considerations from cashing your crypto gains into £s? 

You pay Capital Gains Tax. It doesn't apply to funds invested and charges. You only pay when 'disposing' of crypto in the UK.

11 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

And with a bear market coming, it remains to be seen how bouyant the likes of Solana and Polkadot will be.  That's the problem, Bitcoin and Eth are going to survive set-backs, so gas fees are here to stay for the moment.  

I'm becoming less convinced that there will be a true bear market. The space is just so active, I can't imagine 3 years of inactivity and quiet.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Solana will survive a bear market along with AVAX. Would look to buy bottoms on them and ETH when the time comes. Whilst BTC will drive the market, it will not offer anything like the gains you can get on the other coins.

On 18/11/2021 at 21:45, Spy Bee said:

You pay Capital Gains Tax. It doesn't apply to funds invested and charges. You only pay when 'disposing' of crypto in the UK.

I'm becoming less convinced that there will be a true bear market. The space is just so active, I can't imagine 3 years of inactivity and quiet.

Agreed. Yes the volatility will continue, but there’s just too much institutionalising of BTC going on for it to crash too hard. Every fund out there has a percentage in BTC.

I can’t believe the scalpers gains at the moment!! Scalping up down and sideways on the main cryptos, traders who can wrap their heads around the support / resistance patterns, are making a killing. I personally have an acquaintance who has gone from an initial NZ$10,000 input, to over NZ$330,000 in just 3 months of scalping and swing trades. Mostly Litecoin, but BTC as well more recently. Brokers are attracting large amounts of customers wanting the quick gains. Noobs will get hurt, but my point is, the price action is massive and will only get bigger as the system continues to crash. The U.S. dollar is turning to shit.

The biggest issue, is that emergency ‘pandemic’ powers have been given to the Fed to counteract a stagnated economy. The Fed now has no requirement to keep a fractional reserve. Just read that statement again. Not only is the worlds reserve currency not backed by shit, but there is now nothing kept on balance to hedge against the money creation process. Hence we are are seeing money printing now at insane levels and there can be only one result. Hyper-inflation.

Here’s a good podcast to look at. Personally I think Schiff is naive with regards to crypto, and no way would I get him to look after any of my wealth, and secondly (imo) Robert Breedlove absolutely nails the issue with his insight and ability to define BTC and the complete scam of banking institutions. Central banks are running scared.

plus, if the dialogue doesn’t grab anyone, there’s always Mikhailla Peterson’s lips.

11 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

The US has printed 40% of all the US dollars that are in circulation this year. I have been loathe to believe the hyperinflation calls, as surely governments would guard against this, but I can't see how they can avoid it when they're printing like this!

Well, Turkey is fucked now. 

It's happening.  

The gaming tokens are flying, EFINity is one to get on. 

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Only £250.  Though have another £100 in Enjin which is related. 

Would put more in but I'm retaining bigger holdings in ETH and CRO.

I thought I'd bought £150 worth via coinbase , turns out I bought bitcoin. 

Think I need lessons

8 hours ago, elvis said:

I thought I'd bought £150 worth via coinbase , turns out I bought bitcoin. 

Think I need lessons

Coinbase has a limited menu of coins.  I'd recommend Coin Gecko and/or Crypto.com

The gaming coins explode upon release.  

Maybe go watch the Crypto Banter YouTube channel, or their podcast.  They just literally tell you what's about to blow, and they have a big following so thousands of people pile into these things at once and the price goes mad.  

But this strategy is not the same as the other, more recognised, strategy of simply buying Bitcoin and holding it until rises X2, or more.  

Bitcoin is a 'stablecoin', much like Ethereum (ETH), and the likes of Solana (SOL), and Polkadot (DOT). They ebb and flow a bit but the general direction each month is upwards, it can just be slow going and requires patience.  

But for higher rewards you take higher risks.  That's when you're speculating on things, which company has signed what deal with who, who is about to release a product, who has just been placed on a new exchange and likely to grow. 

But right now crypto gaming has taken over the market.  

So, follow the market movements on your apps, perhaps get on Twitter and follow a few blue tick crypto pro's, and just be mindful of the bots and fake accounts trying to spam tweets with their shit ads.  It's good fun, it's addictive, I'm learning everyday.