You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

9 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Best thing to do is build a portfolio invest most in proper coin like bitcoin or Ethereum, Ethereum is the one for me it's got huge potential. Then buy a few alt coins like Shiba Inu, and forget about them for a year. 

I disagree. I think if you want steady earnings then just buy BTC as it will probably continue to rise (general trend) for five years.

If you want a total gamble, then invest in meme coins.

If you want the chance to make silly gains, with less risk, find good solid projects with use cases and an existing business, and find them early. UNO, LSS, NCT, ORN are all functioning and all have the chance to 100x from here. They are risky, but not as risky as buying a coin which is named after a dog and just gets shilled by kids on TikTok. Whales will control the price here, they will dump it when they choose and invest their earnings into proper projects.

I personally will be staying the fuck away from memes.

If you ever want instant access to your funds, crypto isn't for you. The markets will dicate when you can withdraw, if at all.

6 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

@Spy Bee I might have asked before, but you’re keen on XHV, do you have any concerns about the ethics of it?

It's a bit of a two edged sword. I think people have the right to privacy, but I also think that the most wealthy should pay tax proportionately (although the way this government is corruptly distributing our taxes is making me question this). In the US, you have to pay tax on every transaction, which the Haven vault will prevent, but I think the taxation of every transaction is on-top anyway. In the UK, you only pay tax when you dispose of crypto, which won't change.

At the end of the day, there are $30 trillion of funds hidden in off shore accounts, so this is nothing new in that way. 

To be perfectly honest, if I can withdraw profits, pay taxes and pay my mortgage off, I'll be happy.

If you gave me a five year timescale I would be shorting ETH. The fees are just ridiculous and they're never going to resolve that. DA technology is primed to overtake blockchain in the not too distant future I reckon.

I don't think BTC will last forever either. 

7 hours ago, Boss said:

There are ways around both of those things you mention Howie. Out of the meme coins, which is a better investment, Doge or Shiba?

Short term gain likely Shiba. 

It bounces, you could double your money but you have to convert it to £ quick before it drops again. 

Doge won't double from where it is. Shib has more wriggle room for bull runs.   

When Bitcoin explodes soon it'll lift everyone else up with it for a while.  

If Bitcoin drops like a stone again, like it has before, then I'll buy into it.  

40 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It bounces, you could double your money but you have to convert it to £ quick before it drops again. 

I'm. An investor in shib , your right you could double your money our you could loose it all that's the risk. My advise buy a a bit rch week hold and tell your friends. If you miss this one you'll be kicking yourself for years. Go on twitter and type #shibarmy it's us against the hedgefunds 

To double your money on SHIB you would need a market cap of $56bn. I do not see that happening. I think SHIB and DOGE have maxed out. You need to look for lower market caps if you want to get good gains (x2 and above). 

That doesn't mean you have to buy shite though.

image.png

Research Polyswarm NCT and all the customers they have with mainnet launching this year. Research UNO which is a functioning product, which is innovative in the reinsurance industry. Research XHV, research ORN, research HAI research JUP, there are loads of things better than memecoins. 

If you buy SHIB does better than any one of those projects listed above in the next year, I will be extremely surprised

19 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

How fast are we talking here , a few minutes between cashing out and losing out? 

On 13/11/2021 at 00:58, Mathewbet1 said:

Just buy Shib and hold , just hold.Diamond hands. Thank me later . I will pull try this post up in 12 months and we will see where we're at ! 

Id love to know how people open trading accounts with sites like gencoin and coinbase , if they have only online bank statements and joint utility bills with their partners/spouses . 

Proof of address is proving very difficult for me, I suppose I could order a paper bank statement but it's a pain in the arse 

Anyway , I bought £700 worth of Ethereum via PayPal but  not many other currencies to choose from .

24 minutes ago, elvis said:

Id love to know how people open trading accounts with sites like gencoin and coinbase , if they have only online bank statements and joint utility bills with their partners/spouses . 

Proof of address is proving very difficult for me, I suppose I could order a paper bank statement but it's a pain in the arse 

Anyway , I bought £700 worth of Ethereum via PayPal but  not many other currencies to choose from .

Edit to say finally managed to open a coinbase account thinking PayPal was quite expensive to trade , but coinbase charged me over a fiver for £150 worth of Shibu . 

Oh well

31 minutes ago, elvis said:

Can’t you print off a bank statement with your address on? I’ve done that once or twice. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Can’t you print off a bank statement with your address on? I’ve done that once or twice. 

It's ok , I went into online banking and saved one as a PDF , has my address on and it worked fine. 

Let the good times roll. 

• Upvote 1

On 29/11/2017 at 12:27, Spy Bee said:

Anybody had a dabble?

If you put £100 in Bitcoin 10 years ago, you'd be a millionaire now

If you put £500 in five years ago, you'd be a millionaire now

I put £750 in Crypto including Bitcoin 5 weeks ago and it's now worth £1500.

Anybody else involved?

How did you get in with these original investments? 

13 hours ago, elvis said:

How did you get in with these original investments? 

My investment value is now quite a lot higher, and my current portfolio is quite a lot higher than that (despite the current crash). I am about 4x my investment, although yesterday I was about 5.5x. I don't own any coins in the top 100 though, apart from a few grand of ETH, so I would say from here I could do 20 to 100x, or I could get liquidated!

2 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

My investment value is now quite a lot higher, and my current portfolio is quite a lot higher than that (despite the current crash). I am about 4x my investment, although yesterday I was about 5.5x. I don't own any coins in the top 100 though, apart from a few grand of ETH, so I would say from here I could do 20 to 100x, or I could get liquidated!

So do you still invest or just juggle with the stocks you have?

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

So do you still invest or just juggle with the stocks you have?

I've been investing until about a month ago. Now I just buy some ETH when I need it for gas fees, but not doing much juggling now, just if I want to stake something etc. I feel like my bags are packed and what will be will be now.