You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Had £50/$70 in Binance from a wee while back. Dumped it in Shibu Inu just for a laugh and it's currently up to $520. In a couple of weeks. I'm hoping it hits $1 because I'll be worth $8m you fucking peasants!

It's great to see hard work rewarded.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I put £50 worth into Shiba a couple of weeks ago and it dropped by £6 after 10 minutes so I bottled it and swapped it out again.  

It’s up roughly 800% since then. 

Edit: It was a £100 trade actually, not £50. 

Bastards. 

You really are good at this.  Any tips? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

Had £50/$70 in Binance from a wee while back. Dumped it in Shibu Inu just for a laugh and it's currently up to $520. In a couple of weeks. I'm hoping it hits $1 because I'll be worth $8m you fucking peasants!

I got a little bit earlier in the year. It scares me checking back on it every so often thinking of where it could go. If it ever does reach $1 it's time to focus on priorities and order a PS5 I think.

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

My sister put 400 AUD into Shiba Inu about 3 months ago. She hit 4500 a few days ago although that dropped to 3200 yesterday.

I find the whole crypto thing fascinating. It’s all luck whether you back a winner or not but there’s money to be made that’s for sure.

1 minute ago, Simbo said:

My sister put 400 AUD into Shiba Inu about 3 months ago. She hit 4500 a few days ago although that dropped to 3200 yesterday.

I find the whole crypto thing fascinating. It’s all luck whether you back a winner or not but there’s money to be made that’s for sure.

A lad I know from down south quit his job on the taxi's and set himself up with multiple screens in his flat just to do that full-time. Started off with 10k and by all accounts did very well. I think he's back on the taxi's now. 

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Still hasn't sold. 

And if he did, people would buy the dip in price and bring it back up. It's insatiable.  

Added to that, the biggest wallet is a burn wallet where people give some of their wallet away, literally burning the supply to raise the value of SHIB.  

Also a high chance of SHIB being listed on Robin Hood next week, which will further boost it, and AMC Cinemas running a poll to ask if people want them to accept SHIB as payment.  Currently 80%+ in favour of it.  

It could be compared to DOGE's rise, except SHIB isn't beholden to Elon Musk's large stake. 

But, it IS gambling, except in this case the potential winnings aren't in hundreds but thousands and millions. 

The 'whales' can usually scupper this stuff, but in this case there aren't a load of whales maintaining the value. 

I've been thinking about investing in some cryptocurrency, about £1k initially, with this vague idea of putting the majority of it into Bitcoin and Ethereum and the rest into highly speculative CCs.

I know next to fuck all about the whole thing, save bits I've picked up from here, there, and someone I know who bought two Bitcoins a few years back and doesn't stop banging on about the profit he's sitting on now.

Basically, what I want to know is how the actual process of buying and selling CCs works. Can I do it all through an online broker like eToro? Do these brokers provide the 'wallet' I'm told I need to stores the coins? And is cashing in to fiat currency (get me!) a straightforward process or am I doomed to having a million pounds worth of Bitcoin that I can't do fuck all with?

28 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I've been thinking about investing in some cryptocurrency, about £1k initially, with this vague idea of putting the majority of it into Bitcoin and Ethereum and the rest into highly speculative CCs.

I know next to fuck all about the whole thing, save bits I've picked up from here, there, and someone I know who bought two Bitcoins a few years back and doesn't stop banging on about the profit he's sitting on now.

Basically, what I want to know is how the actual process of buying and selling CCs works. Can I do it all through an online broker like eToro? Do these brokers provide the 'wallet' I'm told I need to stores the coins? And is cashing in to fiat currency (get me!) a straightforward process or am I doomed to having a million pounds worth of Bitcoin that I can't do fuck all with?

Coinbase charge fees for depositing money, withdrawing money, buying coins and selling coins. It’s a racket. You can trade coins on there for free, which is very generous of them. 

I have 3.8m Shib coins. I should have had many more. Alas, when it hits $1 I’ll begrudgingly walk away. After paying the fees of course. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Coinbase charge fees for depositing money, withdrawing money, buying coins and selling coins. It’s a racket. You can trade coins on there for free, which is very generous of them. 

I have 3.8m Shib coins. I should have had many more. Alas, when it hits $1 I’ll begrudgingly walk away. After paying the fees of course. 

3.8 million?! 

Thanks for the advice but right now it's just about dipping my toes in the water, so I'm more concerned about having a broker make my experience simpler (if this would be the case) than looking to see where I can save, as heretical as that may sound.