You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Looking good now. I got into crypto around April, right before the crash. Now I'm well up, and can finally imagine a life with socks without holes in them. This is how the other half live, eh?

You can fuck right off. I've just looked at my socks.

12 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Looking good now. I got into crypto around April, right before the crash. Now I'm well up, and can finally imagine a life with socks without holes in them. This is how the other half live, eh?

You have to actually take profits to buy socks.

I've staked UNO for a while now and managed to get quite a few. I think if this bull run goes to plan, I won't even need socks for Christmas. Well, I wouldn't, if I ever cashed out, but where is the fun in that, and who needs crypto socks when you can have chrimbo socks?

4 minutes ago, Gooch said:

Heading into the final stages of the bull run now I think. Expecting BTC to pass 100K this year and for things to get pretty wild with alt coins/NFT's before another 2/3 year bear market.

I think we could see this play out, 3 or 4 months and then a bear market, or we could see less boom and bust. Some projects are now functional with real world use cases, or they are close to that. Don't get me wrong, it will still be turbulent, but not quite the 90% bear markets we've seen before. I also expect to see some projects thriving in bear markets in future. 

13 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I think we could see this play out, 3 or 4 months and then a bear market, or we could see less boom and bust. Some projects are now functional with real world use cases, or they are close to that. Don't get me wrong, it will still be turbulent, but not quite the 90% bear markets we've seen before. I also expect to see some projects thriving in bear markets in future. 

I get what you mean, but just strikes me a bit as 'this time it's different'. I certainly don't see any alts thriving in bear markets. Some may survive it, but even then they usually underperform next run. Just look at the 2017 ones as an example. I guess things will change eventually, but I think it's pretty brave to go against whats happened in the past at this point. I plan to be completely out of this game in 6 months. I am not going through a bear market like last time it was brutal.

4 minutes ago, Gooch said:

I get what you mean, but just strikes me a bit as 'this time it's different'. I certainly don't see any alts thriving in bear markets. Some may survive it, but even then they usually underperform next run. Just look at the 2017 ones as an example. I guess things will change eventually, but I think it's pretty brave to go against whats happened in the past at this point. I plan to be completely out of this game in 6 months. I am not going through a bear market like last time it was brutal.

Bear markets are the best time to accumulate though. Just get your profits out before the dump.

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

Bear markets are the best time to accumulate though. Just get your profits out before the dump.

That is true, what I meant was is to not get caught buying the dip when stuff dumps 98%, and just take a mental break from it all if I can.

I'm personally want to see ETH under $1K and BTC maybe dip under $20K at the absolute bottom. Plan to give it 18 months and then start accumulating BTC and ETH only. Possibly just ETH for me.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

BTC to the moon.

ETH near its record.

My portfolio of ETH Classic still loitering at breakeven.

Pretty good at this I am.

My Stellar Lumens are going nowhere either. Moved £50 worth into ANKR. I know nothing about it other than they’re worth 7p each. The Lumens were 5p when I got involved. I can’t lose. 

I really wish I could understand this shit.

Always steered clear of losing what I can't afford to lose based on  life's experience of the "moneymen" deciding when they pull the rug.

Seen workmates suicidal when some cunt says,

House price crash or similar.

I wish you all well but I'm out(not that I've ever been in)

On 28/06/2021 at 09:07, Spy Bee said:

I'm having a dabble at a couple of microcaps. UNO and LSS, just because my mate tipped them, and he's just bnought a house for over a million quid with his crypto profits!

Good advice

If you bought UNO at 26 cents, you have more than doubled yopur money, and if you bothered to stake, you'd also have an extra 20% or so.

If you bought LSS at 29 cents you would be 6.5 times your investment. If you'd farmed you would also have doubled your number of coins, so effectively 13x on investment.

Also, both of these are just starting to take off. UNO could be huge one day, but you'll probably have to hold for a few years for best price.