You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

2 minutes ago, Lario said:

I think you said previously it was cuntloads +/- 1000.

It was a lot, but I made a lot from trading in the vault, and with the rollback I am not sure how much of my profit will be expunged. Then, I think I will be left with a chunk in xUSD, and we really don't know what the price will do on all functionality reopening. 

From a twitter thread by Jackson Palmer, one of the co-creators of Doge :

I am often asked if I will “return to cryptocurrency” or begin regularly sharing my thoughts on the topic again. My answer is a wholehearted “no”, but to avoid repeating myself I figure it might be worthwhile briefly explaining why here…

After years of studying it, I believe that cryptocurrency is an inherently right-wing, hyper-capitalistic technology built primarily to amplify the wealth of its proponents through a combination of tax avoidance, diminished regulatory oversight and artificially enforced scarcity.

Despite claims of “decentralization”, the cryptocurrency industry is controlled by a powerful cartel of wealthy figures who, with time, have evolved to incorporate many of the same institutions tied to the existing centralized financial system they supposedly set out to replace.

The cryptocurrency industry leverages a network of shady business connections, bought influencers and pay-for-play media outlets to perpetuate a cult-like “get rich quick” funnel designed to extract new money from the financially desperate and naive.

Financial exploitation undoubtedly existed before cryptocurrency, but cryptocurrency is almost purpose built to make the funnel of profiteering more efficient for those at the top and less safeguarded for the vulnerable.

Cryptocurrency is like taking the worst parts of today's capitalist system (eg. corruption, fraud, inequality) and using software to technically limit the use of interventions (eg. audits, regulation, taxation) which serve as protections or safety nets for the average person.

Lose your savings account password? Your fault. Fall victim to a scam? Your fault. Billionaires manipulating markets? They’re geniuses. This is the type of dangerous “free for all” capitalism cryptocurrency was unfortunately architected to facilitate since its inception.

But these days even the most modest critique of cryptocurrency will draw smears from the powerful figures in control of the industry and the ire of retail investors who they’ve sold the false promise of one day being a fellow billionaire. Good-faith debate is near impossible.

For these reasons, I simply no longer go out of my way to engage in public discussion regarding cryptocurrency. It doesn't align with my politics or belief system, and I don't have the energy to try and discuss that with those unwilling to engage in a grounded conversation.

I applaud those with the energy to continue asking the hard questions and applying the lens of rigorous skepticism all technology should be subject to. New technology can make the world a better place, but not when decoupled from its inherent politics or societal consequences.

Source.

bw2ZOeb.gif

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

How do you cash out? Can only seem to change it to other coins 

If you're using MEW wallet I think you'd have to send what you have to an exchange first then convert it for sending to a bank? Unless MEW has some cash out feature that I'm not aware of.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, sir roger said:

That KSI lad saying in the newspapers that he lost £7m on Bitcoin. I can't be the only one wondering how he got £7m to lose.

The lad is worth over 100 million quid isn't he. He got huge money for fighting another youtuber. He seems a nice lad, made his wealth in a harmless way.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, sir roger said:

That KSI lad saying in the newspapers that he lost £7m on Bitcoin. I can't be the only one wondering how he got £7m to lose.

Missing out on the YouTube phenomenon is arguably more of a pisser than missing the Crypto boom. There’s young lads that have made millions upon millions just playing Minecraft or Roblox. Both shite games. 

My missus watches some Irish dickhead talking about true crime. Basically piggybacking on other people dying and/or going to jail for murder. I hate his voice and how he thinks he’s funny when he’s fucking not. “Haha, I just made a shit pun about a woman getting her head caved in.” I do that all the time and nobody pays me for doing it. I should be raking it in for all the entertainment I provide to you lot on here but I do it for free out of the goodness of my heart. 

He’s an annoying bastard. I was telling her the other day that he’s a prick and asked her to see how much he’s making off doing that. Before lockdown he was worth £600k. Now he’s worth £2.3m and he’s pulling in about £25k a month PROFIT FROM OTHER PEOPLE’S DEATH. 

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Would have been easier to set up some blag company to provide PPE to the UK.

Another missed opportunity there Tudsy.

I spoke to Hancock briefly after that infamous hustings in 2019. Safe to say we’re not friends.

poster.jpg?width=720

I’ve got some words for him next time he shows up in town. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not to worry man - I now have 4 times as much ETH classic as I started with and it is almost worth what I have paid for it!! Have that.

Moon.

Haha, how crazy has it been the last few weeks/months!!

WIREX still streets ahead of the competition for functionality. Trade upto 28 cryptos quickly (catch a wave short term, hodl in ‘x accounts’ attracting up to 16% from DeFi pools) immediately convert to your native currency for spending on your Visa. Cryptoback rewards give upto 2% WXT on all Visa spending.