You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

On 03/06/2021 at 12:29, Gnasher said:

Not a clue either however I'm going to put my neck on the block here, my bitcoin predictions are identical to the ones on this fellas chart, uncanny, almost as if it's my own,

I just checked his page and found this. If people thought NFT's were taking the piss try this one out :

Anything can be a work of art, even nothing.

Italian artist Salvatore Garau recently auctioned an invisible sculpture for 15,000 euros ($18,300). According to as.com, the sculpture's initial price was set between 6,000 and 9,000 euros; however, the price was raised after several bids were placed.

Titled 'Io Sono' (Italian for "I am"), the 67-year-old artist's sculpture is "immaterial," meaning that the sculpture does not actually exist.

Though he's received much critique for the sale, Garau argues that his work of art isn't "nothing," but is instead a "vacuum."

https://www.newsweek.com/italian-artist-sells-invisible-sculpture-more-18000-1596608

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The drawing with the tractor made our crop circles look good. 

I might invent an invisible bitcoin.

I had to go back and watch it, was so amazed with the story that I skipped straight past and only read the article instead!

20 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What’s the risk? Why aren’t you swimming in £50 notes. And more importantly, why aren’t I?

To put it another way, when you add liquidity to an LP, YOU are now the bank. Banks still do pretty well overall. Chuckle.

Coinbase retail users can now sell, buy and store dogecoin on the exchange, the company said yesterday in a blog post, and to stir interest it is running a $1.2 million dogecoingiveaway promotion. Doge traded downwards, but so did most other cryptocurrencies after Elon Musk tweeted an emoji associated with breakups and the bitcoin hashtag.

58 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I don’t hold much BTC, but if/when the crash hits, I’ll increase my holding. As well as all my other holdings.

1 hour ago, Red Shift said:

I don’t hold much BTC, but if/when the crash hits, I’ll increase my holding. As well as all my other holdings.

But wouldn't it diminish the confidence behind the currency? Ie why would investors have confidence in something that can lose half its value overnight? 

Sounds like fools gold.

18 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

But wouldn't it diminish the confidence behind the currency? Ie why would investors have confidence in something that can lose half its value overnight? 

Sounds like fools gold.

Before anything else, Crypto is a movement. Starting with Satoshi, the leaders of blockchain are anti central banking. Crypto is a genuine alternative to a dominant monopoly of the means of exchange. DeFi is the next development. Crypto is not dying anytime soon, but investors come and go.

47 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Before anything else, Crypto is a movement. Starting with Satoshi, the leaders of blockchain are anti central banking. Crypto is a genuine alternative to a dominant monopoly of the means of exchange. DeFi is the next development. Crypto is not dying anytime soon, but investors come and go.

Yeah I see what your saying but until its got any known tangible uses investors will surely shy away from crypto now when their are safer investments.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah I see what your saying but until its got any known tangible uses investors will surely shy away from crypto now when their are safer investments.

Yip many will ditch it on the next big dip/crash. Not for the first time. As to real world practical uses, did you see my earlier post about ‘Reserve’ (a stable coin) and how its more stable than the national currency in Venezuela?? It is literally saving lives as a means of exchange.

On 03/06/2021 at 14:12, Spy Bee said:

This is already 166 in market cap. Is deflationary, which is good, but what else makes you believe this is a great coin. It doesn't seem to have much utility at first glance.

There's loads of good stuff they're doing, so you can buy the coin on their own exchange that they've developed (v2.0 expected to be released in the next month or so), the exchange is currently solely for FEG but they are planning for other coins to be listed. 1% of every transaction goes back to coin holders, and 1% of every transaction is burnt. Basically encourages investors to hold. They've got something called FEGFaucet where you can claim coins for free each day (well for a transaction fee). They supposedly donate to gorilla sanctuaries around the world (coin stands for Feed Every Gorilla). 

Shouldn't disregard the strength of the weirdly obsessed community either, gorilla memes flying about everywhere on social media. Whilst FEG isn't a memecoin they do have similar traits in terms of community spirit. 

Areas for improvement - their marketing has been pretty crap. It's grown to this size based mostly on word of mouth I think. They need to get more influencers talking about it really. Also it is a little difficult to buy, the process is more complex than it needs to be, but I understand they are aware of that and will be making changes. I think they should be looking at getting listed on bigger exchanges but I don't think there's any plans for that at the moment, they're looking to expand their own. 

It's not going to change the world (the coin at least, DeFi likely will change the world), and it is probably impossible (though never say never) for it to reach 1 cent a token, but you don't really need it to. 

21 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Yip many will ditch it on the next big dip/crash. Not for the first time. As to real world practical uses, did you see my earlier post about ‘Reserve’ (a stable coin) and how its more stable than the national currency in Venezuela?? It is literally saving lives as a means of exchange.

My own vomit would be a more stable currency than Venezuelan Bolivars.