You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

6 minutes ago, The-Sir said:

DeFi is where it is at for your best chance of potential 100 / 1000x'ers. Against my usual better judgement the only coin I'm holding is FEG right now.

https://fegtoken.com/

Huge huge potential. 

Not worth it though, with the long term increased risk of lung cancer and heart disease.

I'll get my coat.

28 minutes ago, The-Sir said:

DeFi is where it is at for your best chance of potential 100 / 1000x'ers. Against my usual better judgement the only coin I'm holding is FEG right now.

https://fegtoken.com/

Huge huge potential. 

This is already 166 in market cap. Is deflationary, which is good, but what else makes you believe this is a great coin. It doesn't seem to have much utility at first glance.

It's after breaking out of it's resistence.

It'll climb a bit, then come back and test that resistence line as support.

If it bounces and goes back up, I'd be thinking it's heading up to $42k.

That's how I'd read it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

This is already 166 in market cap. Is deflationary, which is good, but what else makes you believe this is a great coin. It doesn't seem to have much utility at first glance.

There's loads of good stuff they're doing, so you can buy the coin on their own exchange that they've developed (v2.0 expected to be released in the next month or so), the exchange is currently solely for FEG but they are planning for other coins to be listed. 1% of every transaction goes back to coin holders, and 1% of every transaction is burnt. Basically encourages investors to hold. They've got something called FEGFaucet where you can claim coins for free each day (well for a transaction fee). They supposedly donate to gorilla sanctuaries around the world (coin stands for Feed Every Gorilla). 

Shouldn't disregard the strength of the weirdly obsessed community either, gorilla memes flying about everywhere on social media. Whilst FEG isn't a memecoin they do have similar traits in terms of community spirit. 

Areas for improvement - their marketing has been pretty crap. It's grown to this size based mostly on word of mouth I think. They need to get more influencers talking about it really. Also it is a little difficult to buy, the process is more complex than it needs to be, but I understand they are aware of that and will be making changes. I think they should be looking at getting listed on bigger exchanges but I don't think there's any plans for that at the moment, they're looking to expand their own. 

It's not going to change the world (the coin at least, DeFi likely will change the world), and it is probably impossible (though never say never) for it to reach 1 cent a token, but you don't really need it to. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

In English for the rest of us please...

I’m only reading this thread so I can be a millionaire too. A little help wouldn’t go amiss.

LP = Liquidity Pool

APY = Annual Percentage Yield.

The crazy world of DeFi or Decentralised Finance. Developing tech, but DeFi liquidity pools basically do away with central exchanges. Whatever you personally put into a liquidity pool to provide for a DeFi Exchange, you are rewarded for. An APY if you will. Early days for these, and plenty of opportunity for adoption long term. With DeFi, I believe we are literally looking at the future of the global financial economy. Not just for the 1% either.

20 minutes ago, The-Sir said:

There's loads of good stuff they're doing, so you can buy the coin on their own exchange that they've developed (v2.0 expected to be released in the next month or so), the exchange is currently solely for FEG but they are planning for other coins to be listed. 1% of every transaction goes back to coin holders, and 1% of every transaction is burnt. Basically encourages investors to hold. They've got something called FEGFaucet where you can claim coins for free each day (well for a transaction fee). They supposedly donate to gorilla sanctuaries around the world (coin stands for Feed Every Gorilla). 

Shouldn't disregard the strength of the weirdly obsessed community either, gorilla memes flying about everywhere on social media. Whilst FEG isn't a memecoin they do have similar traits in terms of community spirit. 

Areas for improvement - their marketing has been pretty crap. It's grown to this size based mostly on word of mouth I think. They need to get more influencers talking about it really. Also it is a little difficult to buy, the process is more complex than it needs to be, but I understand they are aware of that and will be making changes. I think they should be looking at getting listed on bigger exchanges but I don't think there's any plans for that at the moment, they're looking to expand their own. 

It's not going to change the world (the coin at least, DeFi likely will change the world), and it is probably impossible (though never say never) for it to reach 1 cent a token, but you don't really need it to. 

You can also 'FEGwrap' other coins, currently only BNB and ETH but that list is going to be growing with the release of FEGex 2.0, 10 or so stable coins have been chosen for that, the likes of ADA, LTC etc. 

Any FEG wrapped coins will return an APY on that coin, not FEG. Which opens up a whole new world of possibilities. 

4 hours ago, Red Shift said:

LP = Liquidity Pool

APY = Annual Percentage Yield.

The crazy world of DeFi or Decentralised Finance. Developing tech, but DeFi liquidity pools basically do away with central exchanges. Whatever you personally put into a liquidity pool to provide for a DeFi Exchange, you are rewarded for. An APY if you will. Early days for these, and plenty of opportunity for adoption long term. With DeFi, I believe we are literally looking at the future of the global financial economy. Not just for the 1% either.

What’s the risk? Why aren’t you swimming in £50 notes. And more importantly, why aren’t I?

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What’s the risk? Why aren’t you swimming in £50 notes. And more importantly, why aren’t I?

At this stage, I can’t access DeFi efficiently. New Zealand is a financial backwater, and most of the exchanges you guys are on, I have no fiat access to.

i’d need about NZ$1000 to buy a particular crypto and move it onto defi (plus fees)

I’m real keen on it, and Wirex is talking up their proposed near term involvement, so I’m waiting.