You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Nice. 

How do you skirt the entry cash?

So you can move the balance once it is in Coinbase - but if I want to put more in I still pay the transaction fee right?

Also, where do you trade the dodgey stuff? CB blocks me from certain "currencies".

Yeah, any cash transactions will have fees. Putting money in, taking money out, selling crypto for cash. All fees. Swap one crypto for another and you’re alright. But ultimately you’re gonna want the cash out at some point and they’ll take their slice. 

I know nothing about other exchanges. It was a pain in the arse getting verified on Coinbase and I’m not that invested in it. I’m sure if you read up on it you’d have other accounts set up within a few minutes. Or at least be waiting for verification. 

It would have been nice to get on the Doge train but I’m a lazy bastard who can’t be arsed signing up for the other exchanges. 

1 hour ago, Red Shift said:

I used to send ETH from the CEX exchange to my wallet, but just stopped doing it when I found out CEX wallets are cold storage. They’ve never been hacked in their history, and yes, I know it’s a risk, but moving small amounts of crypto around is a killer. ETH 2 is supposed to end that robbery.

That’s why I like Wirex because their fees are the lowest. If I put NZ$$ into my wallet (automatically loading the Visa card) its free. If I trade within app, fiat to crypto is mostly free, crypto to crypto is usually a fraction of 1%. I use the card to pay for groceries and bills. 

What's the deal with Wirex? It doesn't seem to have very good reviews, and on reddit most threads have some variation of the words thief, thieves, or stolen in the title. 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I think if you’re just switching coins the fees are barely noticeable.

I guess most other exchanges are fine but when ethereum gas fees are going mental swapping for eth tokens (and also dealing with NFT's on ethereum) can result in massive fees. It's been fine recently though, around 10x less than it has been at times this year.

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

What's the deal with Wirex? It doesn't seem to have very good reviews, and on reddit most threads have some variation of the words thief, thieves, or stolen in the title. 

Its brand new tech. They’ve had teething problems, for sure, mainly because of explosive growth which they didn’t expect. Upscaling has required big resources, but I’m not experiencing any issues personally. There’s 3.5 million users. You open an account, you validate in the usual ways. Link a debit card, put funds into the account and apply for a VISA or Mastercard. The new Mastercards are improved and very efficient. Your card is linked to your account. You can store upto 12 cryptos and at least 6 fiats including GBP, USD, EUROS etc.

The cryptos available are as I show below (I use coins live for an easy market check. Those are my favourites because I can load them all onto my card. Fees are just about zilch within app, exchanges are instant, loading fiat is instant. All wallets are multi sig cold storage.

Choose from 3 different plans. Lowest plan is free. 1% rewards/1% p.a. savings interest. I’m on Premium. I use the card all the time and get 2% WXT ‘’crypto-back’ rewards on each purchase. I have over 35,000 WXT at 1 cent apiece. I get 4% interest on WXT per annum, paid monthly. They are traded on a number of exchanges but I’m hodling. If they get to even $1 in the next couple of years or so, then I will take great delight in marching into my bank and using my Wirex Visa to pay $40,000 or more off the mortgage. In the meantime, I can pay for everyday things with any one of 12 cryptocurrencies, or nz dollars.

Latest investment report:

49134636-58EC-4EC6-AE47-FA3D47AA8ECE.png

2BD83F5F-8C94-4589-B1CA-BC68E1D14634.png

387367E0-607B-4759-9860-FB00FC1608BD.png

Just noticed that from almost the exact moment Spy Bee returned to this forum and reaffirmed his faith in crypto, bitcoin/Ethereum/xfm etc have all risen sharply after a month in the doldrums. 

Could the Spy be the rocket man himself? 24 hours from telsa, ELON FUCKING MUSK!!

• Upvote 1

Good video here for people. Erik Vorhees is wicked smaht.

They talk a bit about ThorChain about 2 minutes in. ThorChain (RUNE) is gonna be a gamechanger.

Then about 39:40ish in, he talks about XHV and how it'll integrate into ThorChain.

Could be a coincidence, but XHV is up nearly 20% since the video was posted yesterday!

3 minutes ago, Lario said:

They talk a bit about ThorChain about 2 minutes in. ThorChain (RUNE) is gonna be a gamechanger.

Then about 39:40ish in, he talks about XHV and how it'll integrate into ThorChain.

Could be a coincidence, but XHV is up nearly 20% since the video was posted yesterday!

Xhv is up 20% because Spy Bee posted on here yesterday, 'taps nose'

41 minutes ago, Lario said:

Spybee has already cast the XHV spell. However, a RUNE follow up must surely have the Gods favouring it.

13 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Oy @Spy Bee

Do I need a Haven here? What is the best way to move the chips?

What's the question?

I think we could see a crash to $21k (BTC) yet, but even if we do, I think the end of this year will be a great time to be holding crypto. Then I will trade into xUSD and get a passive LP income with a great APY.

I'll actually cash out and pay my mortgage off hopefully, then keep the change in a liquidity pool.

10 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

What's the question?

I think we could see a crash to $21k (BTC) yet, but even if we do, I think the end of this year will be a great time to be holding crypto. Then I will trade into xUSD and get a passive LP income with a great APY.

I'll actually cash out and pay my mortgage off hopefully, then keep the change in a liquidity pool.

Yip LPs look very promising.

12 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

What's the question?

Do you see it going that low? I think the lowest we would see it is $30k and then a big increase back end of the year like you mentioned

12 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

What's the question?

On the subject of a 21 dollar crash btc. Dosnt that make your quote 'the end of the year will be a great time to hold btc" depend on what you bought it at?  Ie if you bought it $20 great but can you really see btc hitting the highs of last month anytime in the next 18 months?

45 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

What's the question?

34 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Yip LPs look very promising.

In English for the rest of us please...

I’m only reading this thread so I can be a millionaire too. A little help wouldn’t go amiss.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

On the subject of a 21 dollar crash btc. Dosnt that make your quote 'the end of the year will be a great time to hold btc" depend on what you bought it at?  Ie if you bought it $20 great but can you really see btc hitting the highs of last month anytime in the next 18 months?

I think it will go a lot higher.

16 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m only reading this thread so I can be a millionaire too. A little help wouldn’t go amiss.

LP - Liquidity Pooling. You basically stake or in simple terms borrow your crypto to an exchange which provides them with liquidity, which makes them more profitable. They then share their profits with you. The APY's can be north of 50%.

21 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Not a clue either however I'm going to put my neck on the block here, my bitcoin predictions are identical to the ones on this fellas chart, uncanny, almost as if it's my own,