You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

4 minutes ago, pauliescouse said:

I'm in stablecoin until after the weekend, its the monthly futures close which is usually volatile anyway plus a few accounts on twitter saying to expect as much in the short term:

E2fIYtXVgAAj6dS.jpg

E2fHU-xXEAAJMM6.jpg

I went GBP. Pretty stable too. 

31 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Bitcoin may be fucked but Steller Lumens will be worth £300,000 a piece inside two years. At which point I’ll be able to spend a couple of the 950 I’m holding on buying out this place, keeping Usher on as a staff writer and renaming the site ‘The Stig is a Fat Cunt Way’

You'll be able to buy your own personal phone box.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ll build a house for your missus’s niece that encompasses your house on all four sides. 

Don't you fucking dare! She seems to be staying with wanker most of the time now (disregarded all the covid rules) but hopefully not have to see much of the useless brainless bint now.

• Upvote 1

On 26/05/2021 at 23:03, Red Shift said:

Was on the phone with a mate last night who’s based in Sydney. He’s a precious metal and crypto trader by day, musician by night.

His charting has a crash to come later this year, falling as low as US16,0000-18,000 until the very public ‘power consumption/environment’ debate gets sorted, but then the bull run will be back, and yes, 100,000 or higher looking 2-3 years ahead. He’s charted on the historical patterns, but also factors in the hyper inflationary aspect of the fiat system, including the too low central bank rates for investment purposes. He’s picking - wait for it - US300,000 within a decade.

The fact is that Bitcoin is already 75% renewable, so that particular debate can’t be won by the haters, and the boom bust cycles of fiat are accelerating, inevitably.

Good piece that was (above) thanks. Here’s it’s companion:

https://moneyweek.com/investments/alternative-finance/bitcoin/602678/bitcoin-energy-consumption

How though?

9 hours ago, cochyn said:

How though?

I’m picking Elon Musk will do an ‘about face’ is one thing, but the media war has to be won. As per the article ^ we know BTC is at least as environmentally friendly as fiat. 

Ethereum 2 might pull everything up once those GAS fees start dropping, as well.

21 hours ago, Red Shift said:

This is a good example of why crypto is useful.

The App is only available in South America currently, and lets face it, we don’t need it. What excites me is the concept of a stable coin pegged to ‘something’

Years ago, Buckminster Fuller designed a new global currency ‘pegged’ to power generation. Every country able to produce large renewable volumes of electricity would have stable currency.

Crypto is and will continue to bring the power of the means of e change to broken economies. Yes, it needs to go through adaptation, stay mutable etc, but we may find solutions to problems that central banks & their commercial counterparts do not want to address.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Eth outgunning bitcoin? 

ETH 2.0 is getting closer. Holders of ETH will simply transfer automatically. ETH 2.0 is a gain in efficiency with (apparently) much cheaper fees.

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

This mean another crash?

Yip. Just got to ride it out. Can’t see major gains for a few weeks yet, possibly another quarter. The last crash was followed by a 3 month recovery. 

I got out of litecoin for at least 30+ days (to avoid wash trading type rule in future) because if it ever ends up being worth loads working out tax would've been really annoying. I was using it as the main coin to exchange into others and sometimes back again (I lost money doing all this due to eth fees, etc) so the history of the bit I had wasn't easy to work out. Each coin/token I have now has a fairly simple exchange history.

Got out at a loss of course, got to buy high and sell low. Litecoin is still due for a big update too so I accept I could miss out on gains from that.

My main bit of money is almost all tied up in ethereum tokens now (and I still have 1 Atom/Cosmos), Enjin Coin, Holo Token and Shiba Inu. There's no way I was watching that Shiba coin turn into another Doge as I had next to none of it when you can have such stupid amounts of it right now and the eth fees are amazingly low compared to recent months.

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Eth outgunning bitcoin?

People have been talking about it for quite a while and I guess it's a realistic thing now, especially with eth switching over to proof of stake soon and the environment issues Musk has gone on about. The idea that it'll eventually surpass bitcoin is known as "the flippening" and theres a page with more info here : https://www.blockchaincenter.net/flippening/

• Upvote 1

On 31/05/2021 at 00:55, TheBitch said:

Come back @Spy Bee  

In uncertain times we need a guiding light. 

I think he'll have been responsible for this crash to be honest. He's led us along in this thread about alt coins while he really put all his own cash into bitcoin. Then dumped it, crashed the market and he's probably on some tropical island now with his feet up and checking his USDT balance on his phone and laughing at us all.

We'll have to come to some type of settlement with him if/when he returns, maybe a few hundred Doge into the accounts of each person in the thread or something.