You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

That $XHV is unbelieveable.

Basically someone bought a load of $XHV tokens and moved them to their private vault.

Then in that vault, the "burned" theXHV into xUSD. xUSD is linked to USD, so will always be worth $1.

From there, they "burned" their xUSD in xBTC (Bitcoin). Like the xUSD, xBTC is linked to Bitcoin, so 1 xBTC is always equal to 1 BTC.

So now they have 20 BTC in their own vault that only they have access to and only they know about!

Oh, and it only cost them 3,600xUSD for the privilege!

rc9hDTRXHV.jpg

1 hour ago, Lario said:

That $XHV is unbelieveable.

Basically someone bought a load of $XHV tokens and moved them to their private vault.

Then in that vault, the "burned" theXHV into xUSD. xUSD is linked to USD, so will always be worth $1.

From there, they "burned" their xUSD in xBTC (Bitcoin). Like the xUSD, xBTC is linked to Bitcoin, so 1 xBTC is always equal to 1 BTC.

So now they have 20 BTC in their own vault that only they have access to and only they know about!

Oh, and it only cost them 3,600xUSD for the privilege!

rc9hDTRXHV.jpg

I've no idea what anyone of that means.i think the XHV is where I've had the biggest gains,I'm small change though. It was also a bit more of a rigmarole to buy.

1 hour ago, Geoff Woade said:

Fucked by that vampire; Musk

I was so tempted to weigh them in last night. Mine were worth £22k at midnight and I wasn’t confident at all.

Said to the Mrs that we’d either be eating lobster for tea tonight or fish finger butties. 

Just shooting round the Iceland for a loaf and a box of captain Birdseye gourmet specials.

Had a few beers but I see that Doge went down to 30p, it’s retraced to 40p though. 

I’ve been looking at an entry point but this could be it the next few weeks. I genuinely think this could be a stupid price in 10 years time, or it could be dust, in which case 10p difference in price is irrelevant. 

What’s everyone else’s thoughts?

23 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Had a few beers but I see that Doge went down to 30p, it’s retraced to 40p though. 

I’ve been looking at an entry point but this could be it the next few weeks. I genuinely think this could be a stupid price in 10 years time, or it could be dust, in which case 10p difference in price is irrelevant. 

Buy in now and hold. The fucker never drops when I’ve just been paid otherwise I’d have bought another couple of hundred quids worth earlier today 

23 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

It’s rallying again but it’s massively volatile, if you’ve got the dosh to spare maybe buy 100 quids worth and don’t look at it for a while. You never know. 
My next daft one will be Safegalaxy, 

10 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

It’s rallying again but it’s massively volatile, if you’ve got the dosh to spare maybe buy 100 quids worth and don’t look at it for a while. You never know. 
My next daft one will be Safegalaxy, 

What’s the best way to buy these days? I’ve got Coinbase and Binance. 

It’s been so long since I’ve done anything that I’ve forgotten how to go about it. I’m sure I used to put cash in Coinbase and transfer it somehow to Binance. 

Any help much appreciated and when I’m a gazillionaire I’ll buy you a pub. 

24 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

It’s been so long since I’ve done anything that I’ve forgotten how to go about it. I’m sure I used to put cash in Coinbase and transfer it somehow to Binance. 

I opened an account with kraken and went from there. Pretty straightforward.

https://www.kraken.com/

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

I use Binance but I’ve been told the Galaxy stuff is on something called Pancake swap, one of the lads who’s done well from other crypto has bought a billion of them, if it goes to a penny each he’s on for 4 million quid but it’s probably as unlikely as a lottery win.
VET seems to be the thing for decent but non explosive growth. The more sensible members of the group are ploughing into that. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

You should be able to add money directly to Binance. 
If you can’t add money, you can buy crypto. 
So basically buy USDT with your credit/debit card. Usually Banxa is the best option. 
A few minutes later it’ll tell you your USDT is in your account. 
Chances are it been lodged into your main account instead of your trading account. So you have to transfer it into your trading account to use it. 
Once that’s done, go to the trade section, and in there search for DOGE. There’ll be a few pairs show up, but you’re looking for DOGE/USDT. 

Select that, then you decide if you want to limit buy (you select the price you want to pay) or market (it buys at current price). 
Select how much you want to spend (you can click the percentages up to 100%), and click buy. 

Then you wait for the millions to roll in, and I wait for my pub!

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Red74 said:

I was so tempted to weigh them in last night. Mine were worth £22k at midnight and I wasn’t confident at all.

Said to the Mrs that we’d either be eating lobster for tea tonight or fish finger butties. 

Just shooting round the Iceland for a loaf and a box of captain Birdseye gourmet specials.

What deters you from sticking that money into a proper project? That there are single wallets out there with significant percentages of all Doge (28% in one alone) would worry the fuck out of me. It’s one big rug pull waiting to happen. I’d hazard a guess that it’ll end up around a dollar due to the massive drive its community has to get there. It could all go wrong over the space of about fifteen minutes when a significant enough player leaves everyone else holding the bag and  cashes out a billionaire. 

I started off in January and stuck about a grand into Doge after seeing the online hype. I sold it for a small loss pretty quickly after researching and stuck my money into legitimate altcoin projects like Cardano, Ethereum and Vechain. I’ve got about £28k of all combined after multiplying my money a good few times over since the beginning. 

I’ve been involved for just a few months but the peddling of shitcoins like Safemoon, Hoge Finance or even Doge is going to absolutely ruin the confidence in crypto as an investment. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Charles Penrose said:

What deters you from sticking that money into a proper project? That there are single wallets out there with significant percentages of all Doge (28% in one alone) would worry the fuck out of me. It’s one big rug pull waiting to happen. I’d hazard a guess that it’ll end up around a dollar due to the massive drive its community has to get there. It could all go wrong over the space of about fifteen minutes when a significant enough player leaves everyone else holding the bag and  cashes out a billionaire. 

I started off in January and stuck about a grand into Doge after seeing the online hype. I sold it for a small loss pretty quickly after researching and stuck my money into legitimate altcoin projects like Cardano, Ethereum and Vechain. I’ve got about £28k of all combined after multiplying my money a good few times over since the beginning. 

I’ve been involved for just a few months but the peddling of shitcoins like Safemoon, Hoge Finance or even Doge is going to absolutely ruin the confidence in crypto as an investment. 

Because in fairness a lot of people will be like me, not know much about crypto or investing but take a punt based on advice from mates. Couple of hundred quid for something that may well triple overnight and then get out. Pays more than a savings account would and that few hundred may be big money to them. It’s the same as some people who only bet a couple of quid on a horse but are made up when it comes in and they get a tenner.

11 hours ago, Charles Penrose said:

My two year old ETH holdings are up 1000% This week alone (last 7 days) have seen a 37% gain. In one account, Ive skimmed the cream off (US$226) and in the last 72 hrs, my original principal is up another 9%

In contrast, my bank is offering me $100 on $10,000 for a 12 month deposit. The banks are finished. Its only a matter of time.

7 hours ago, Red Shift said:

My two year old ETH holdings are up 1000% This week alone (last 7 days) have seen a 37% gain. In one account, Ive skimmed the cream off (US$226) and in the last 72 hrs, my original principal is up another 9%

In contrast, my bank is offering me $100 on $10,000 for a 12 month deposit. The banks are finished. Its only a matter of time.

And you think 37% gains every week are sustainable, do you?

14 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Crypto as a side currency to bet on and fuck away seems fine but conventially to pay wages when its so volatile theres no way. If it stops being volatile and steady then what's the value. 

The value comes from limited supply. The whole problem with ‘fiat’ is the ever expanding supply debasing the value. The pound has lost 90% of its value in the last 70 yrs.

In fact, that very expansion of fiat, to prop up the ever growing mountain of debt, only enhances the value of crypto, because crypto is relative to fiat. 

As Altcoins become more mainstream, their value will stabilise, just as both Bitcoin and Ethereum continue to do so. The gains of BTC and ETH are slowing. Both currency/assets will reach their ceiling eventually. 

The decentralising of the whole global central banking system is the real revolution. For me, Community currency in the public domain is the future of the means of exchange. Bringing banking to the poorest people in the poorest nations.

I just bought my groceries at ‘Countdown’ (the local supermarket) using my new VISA card, and paid for them with ETHEREUM. At the same time I earned 16 WXT for my trouble as a cash-back discount. WXT is only worth 1cent at the moment, but Ive amassed over 2000 of them.

One day they’ll be worth ten bucks each or more. The financial revolution continues.