You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

On 02/03/2021 at 06:03, Red Phoenix said:

I got some enjin coin earlier (gaming/NFT's) and timed it right as it's been going mental the last few hours. Article on it here : Enjin Coin Becomes First Gaming Cryptocurrency Whitelisted for Use in Japan

Graph from earlier (it's at $0.80 as i'm typing this, new all time high) :

lbpoZ3D.png

It's over $2 now :

hMzBtdg.png

I got rid of most of mine at around $1.60-1.70 so I had Litecoin ready for their update on the 15th (a privacy feature will be complete and ready for review), will go back for more over the next week or two though I think.

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Made some good money on a coin that basically is a share in some of his earliest work. Link below, Christies auction is done now, but NFT's aren't going away so think it will continue to do well.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/b20/

Did anyone get in Top shot? Mentioned it a few pages a back and starting to get some real mainstream attention, the same company are planning to do a UFC version, so would recommend trying to get in as demand is ridiculous at the moment.

• Upvote 1

I had 10k holochain (hot, graph is here : https://cryptowat.ch/charts/BINANCE:HOT-USDT) not long ago and got rid of them but it's going crazy at the moment so I got them back. It has a massive supply like doge but if it even reaches doge value it's still x10. No idea what'll happen with it but if I'd not got some back and it went big I'd have been gutted. I no longer have 1 litecoin either, too busy messing around with other stuff now. I'm currently making sure I keep at least half of one.

I chanced a load of MANA based upon the NFT surge recently and it has payed off. Bought it at 18 cent and it hit 98 cent earlier, before falling back to 78 now. I cashed out some at 98, well exchanged it to DNT which has moved up a little. This time next year I'm buying a Fiat500

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, TheHowieLama said:

What did you start with?

Put £100 in, took £100 out. It’s free money to play with. 

Got lucky with the Lumens rocketing up from 5p to 26p/27p. Sold them all and watched on as they hit 44p. Now they’re back down hovering around 27-30p but I won’t buy back less than I sold in the first place. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Do the ethics of these coins cause anyone else to hesitate in investing in them?

I mean, you can argue the fiat vs. blockchain thing all day, but the bigger issue might be that you have to heat up the planet to mine them.

Just me?

Yes I agree it's not good.

I sold all my Bitcoin (the little I had of it) when I realised what it took to mine it. Doesn't sit right with me. I guess it is similar with the other cryptos but most are just transactional like a Visa payment for example and those are the ones I'm in on now. 

Whats the impact of producing physical money and keeping track of money digitally online. You have big bankers talking on the ethics of crypto currency while having shares and interests in all manner of planet destroying projects. Acting on behalf of gangsters and criminals funding the war machine. Two wrongs don't make a right but still there's an unimaginable amount of shit happening thats making the world uninhabitable and they don't give a fuck because of the economic impact. Until the planet becomes the absolute first priority which it always should be we are fucked anyway.

• Upvote 1

I don't really buy the environmental stuff tbh, not that i pretend its a good thing. But i have definitely noticed a ramping up of how bad NFT's are for example via social media.

The carbon footprint of a lot of this is unkown at the moment and certain people with agendas to shift suggesting that every NFT minted is like a nuclear bomb going off at times. Best to take it with a pinch of salt for now. NFT's are very new/misunderstood, best to give it some time before any real judgements are made.

On 12/03/2021 at 12:47, Welsh said:

I did look into Top Shot when you posted and I see loads of people tweet about it as well but I've no idea how to purchase some?

If UFC get into it I would definitely be interested as I love the UFC.

Sorry i missed this, link is below. Now isn't a bad time. Prices have been going down a for awhile now. 

It's a as simple as signing up to any standard website as far as i can tell. Happy to help if you have any queries.

https://nbatopshot.com/

Nothing has changed regarding NFT's in my mind, they are going to absolutely huge and the recent backlash has only strengthened that tbh. The opportunities for them are unlimited, I could certainly see a certain footballing team minting certain moments for fans in the not so distant future

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I have a wallet called ‘Block Wallet’ and the server went down, and it appears to be permanent.

It’s an Ethereum wallet and sitting in there is about US$100 worth of ETH. Two years ago it was worth US$10.

I can ‘etherscan’ it and the ETH is there after 2 yrs and obviously continues to rise, but how can I get to it to move it? I’d like to move it onto a mining contract I have. I have both addresses, but cannot send it from outside the wallet! Etherscan shows me its there but wont let me claim it.

Any ideas, or ‘let it go’ ?