You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

2 hours ago, Poster said:

I just grabbed a little bit, so if it goes like it usually does with me, it will tank very soon. 

It looks like either someone or a group are pumping and dumping it (or some whales are stocking up) but the price is raised a bit each time. It just happened again about 20 mins ago too. There's also 21 billion coins in supply so it'll probably be going crazy for a while yet.

11 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It looks like either someone or a group are pumping and dumping it (or some whales are stocking up) but the price is raised a bit each time. It just happened again about 20 mins ago too. There's also 21 billion coins in supply so it'll probably be going crazy for a while yet.

An abundance of coins is not usually a good thing for the price. It means the market cap is higher with a lower coin price.

23 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

An abundance of coins is not usually a good thing for the price. It means the market cap is higher with a lower coin price.

Yeah I checked the supply not long after I'd got some forgetting how big it was, I'd seen it a couple of weeks back but forgot. I swapped over a third of them back out last night for 2.5 nano too.

Crypto art is becoming a big thing, sold on blockchain as NFT (non fungible tokens). The lad I know who is shit how bought a piece for $5000 at Christmas and it's now valued at $100,000. I know nothing about art and have no interest in it, but if any of you are good at art, then check it out. RIS would be killing it, because this just sold for $1.5m

11 minutes ago, Red74 said:

After a bit of advice. I bought crypto via kraken and have left them there. Do I need to get a wallet that I keep reading about and transfer them out of it or are they safe where they are? 

They're pretty safe. I leave small balances on the exchanges, but I take any sizeable value off.

• Upvote 1

Opened an account at Citex last night to try to buy some XHV. Keeps logging me out and now can't get back in as it won't send a code to my phone. The wanker on their chat thingy response was 'well it's alright here'. Cunt.

That's £30 down the drain then. Although (on paper anyway) I'm well in front on coinbase the more I think about it I reckon the whole thing is some massive ponzi scheme.

You guys need to check NBA top shot, absolutely printing money at the moment and I've never watched a game of basketball in my life.

NFT's are going to be so huge the concept can be applied to so much. Going to hear a lot about it over the next 12 months. Celebrities already starting to jump on the bandwagon. Can't see a company/individual who wouldn't find use in it.

Shocking drop isnt it. Bitcoin has always been volatile but this hasn't been seen for some years.

Some big wigs in China sold all their bitcoins apparently which equates to around £3billion and this along with Elon Musks tweet looks likely to have caused the crash.