You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

I still can't believe that for now I'm unable to buy from joke exchanges because of their pathetic KYC bullshit.

The Bitcoin white paper written by the founder literally starts with this :

Abstract. A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution.

Fast forward to today, where it looks like most people buying crypto are uploading images of their government documents to exchanges. It goes completely against the original vision of what this was supposed to be.

And eventually maybe crypto will start moving back to that original vision if decentralised networks evolve and become more widely used, leaving this current fucking farce behind.

Being in charge of our own finances was always going to be one of the biggest threats to the establishment and their fiat ponzi schemes, no wonder they're at work trying to twist it to fit their own warped vision.

• Upvote 2

After hours of searching around I used https://cryptovoucher.io and within 10 mins of buying a 25 euro voucher had litecoin (it isn't listed on that page yet, they've only recently added it as an option) in my wallet, no KYC needed. Glad that chaos is out of the way, so much easier than messing around on binance.

11 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I still can't believe that for now I'm unable to buy from joke exchanges because of their pathetic KYC bullshit.

The Bitcoin white paper written by the founder literally starts with this :

Fast forward to today, where it looks like most people buying crypto are uploading images of their government documents to exchanges. It goes completely against the original vision of what this was supposed to be.

And eventually maybe crypto will start moving back to that original vision if decentralised networks evolve and become more widely used, leaving this current fucking farce behind.

Being in charge of our own finances was always going to be one of the biggest threats to the establishment and their fiat ponzi schemes, no wonder they're at work trying to twist it to fit their own warped vision.

You really should check out XHV if you are into privacy. Also coins like Monero, SCRT etc.

My baby is getting more traction all the time

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

You really should check out XHV if you are into privacy. Also coins like Monero, SCRT etc.

My baby is getting more traction all the time

I did look at monero a while back and saw that it'd been delisted from an exchange (because of the privacy aspect causing issue with regulators i think) so I left it thinking that it might not be a good idea to put money into. I've got no issues with monero or xhv though, my main problem is wanting buying and selling to be easier for people in general.

I've just spent the last bit of spare cash I had for now on a bit more litecoin too (after exchanging several bits into other coins) but will make sure to check back on them both and might put a bit into them in the near future.

edit : i've added monero as a coin in coinomi wallet but I don't have access to xhv and can't use actual exchanges at the moment. After looking at monero it's been almost identical in price and progress over the last month to litecoin too, apart from being worth a bit more, awesome. The only problem is i have to put in a fair amount of litecoin as minimum exchange, might do next month though if it keeps going well.

41 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

You should read into RUNE. This project will make buying trading much easier. Uniswap does in theory, but it's ERC20 and very expensive to use.

Thanks, it's a bit over my head at the moment and I'm tired but it's part of the cosmos network so it's something I'm interested in too, will make sure to have a read later.

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Thanks, it's a bit over my head at the moment and I'm tired but it's part of the cosmos network so it's something I'm interested in too, will make sure to have a read later.

In simple terms it's about increasing liquidity by pooling the liquidity available on numerous exchanges.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

In simple terms it's about increasing liquidity by pooling the liquidity available on numerous exchanges.

Yeah I saw that on the site but then started drifting off to other areas looking for more details and was lost, tiredness mostly I think, but also trying to take in so many new things at once. Am making sure to check later though so thanks again.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Buy low. Sell high. 

Or alternatively - Buy low. Sell a bit higher. Look back with regret at not keeping hold of it for two more days. 

Either way. You’re up. You’re making money. You’re a 21st century Trotter’s Independent Traders. 

21st century Trotter's sounds good. Reminds me that another thing that's helped is that I clearly remember watching Trading Places a couple of times as a kid, definitely helps when navigating the markets at times.

I'll give it another week or so of holding whatever I have then rewatch Brewster's Millions I think.

St. Louis Federal Reserve President :

Before the Civil War, it was common for banks to issue their own notes, Bullard said. He likened it to Bank of America, JPMorgan and Wells Fargo all having distinct brands of dollars. “They were all trading around and they traded at different discounts to each other, and people did not like it at all,” he said.

“I think the same thing would occur with bitcoin here,” Bullard said. “You don’t want to go to a nonuniform currency where you’re walking into Starbucks and maybe you’ll pay with ethereum, maybe you’ll pay with ripple, maybe you’ll pay with bitcoin, maybe you’ll pay with a dollar. That isn’t how we do this. We have a uniform currency that came in at the Civil War time.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/16/bitcoin-no-threat-to-dollar-as-worlds-reserve-currency-feds-james-bullard.html

Bullard has decided for us that it isn't how we do this. Cool, glad that's all wrapped up then.

On 15/02/2021 at 09:01, Spy Bee said:

TradeOgre, Kucoin and Bittrex

This is another reason why large growth is going to be possible. It is integrating with THORchain at the moment and will surely go on more exchanges in the coming weeks.

Can you take exchange the coin for money and send it to your bank on any of those apps. I'm not sure you can with kucoin.

19 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Buy low. Sell high. 

Or alternatively - Buy low. Sell a bit higher. Look back with regret at not keeping hold of it for two more days. 

You just can't have that 'what could have been' attitude in crypto. As long as you are moving forward, that's all you need. Loads of people will have sold coins that would have made them millioanires.

58 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Can you take exchange the coin for money and send it to your bank on any of those apps. I'm not sure you can with kucoin.

No, it's a crypto only exchange. You need to send your coins somewhere else to sell for fiat.

38 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

You just can't have that 'what could have been' attitude in crypto. As long as you are moving forward, that's all you need. Loads of people will have sold coins that would have made them millioanires.

No, it's a crypto only exchange. You need to send your coins somewhere else to sell for fiat.

image.png

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Ravencoin is going pretty crazy at the moment. I read a bit on it a while back but didn't get any, got some now though incase it carries on flying upwards.

I just grabbed a little bit, so if it goes like it usually does with me, it will tank very soon. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

As a tester I put 30 quids worth of bitcoin in kucoin used it to buy xhv it now says I have 287 yen worth of xhv so my money has gone from 30 quid to £1.90.  Where did the rest go.

Why are your prices showing in Yen?

You will have charges for putting money into the system and a transaction charge for buying XHV with USDT, but I would still expect you to have 3 XHV+.

You can look at your spot deal history and download a transaction history. Something has definitely gone wrong there though.