You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I've got 3 exchanges none of them sell XHV

TradeOgre, Kucoin and Bittrex

This is another reason why large growth is going to be possible. It is integrating with THORchain at the moment and will surely go on more exchanges in the coming weeks.

19 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

What’s the capital gains on this shit?  If you take it out, do you pay it then? 

Yep :

In the vast majority of cases, individuals hold cryptoassets as a personal investment, usually for capital appreciation in its value or to make particular purchases. They will be liable to pay Capital Gains Tax when they dispose of their cryptoassets.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tax-on-cryptoassets/cryptoassets-for-individuals

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

You can benefit from £12k per year before you pay tax. Many cryptos are now offering debit cards, so I don't know how they will tax that spend. I don't suppose they can at this time, but I am sure they'll be on it with little delay.

Thats assuming youre not using that allowance from your paid income.

2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

It's capital gains, so different than income tax. It is presuming that you have no other capital gains though.

Ah! Sorry, I didnt realise CGT allowance was £12k. There is a good reason for this which is perfectly logical and understandable. I'm a thick cunt.

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

Ah! Sorry, I didnt realise CGT allowance was £12k. There is a good reason for this which is perfectly logical and understandable. I'm a thick cunt.

Might not be that exact figure. If I ever get to the stage where I am looking at the most tax efficient way to get it out, I'll be happy.

On 14/02/2021 at 16:11, Spy Bee said:

I have a lot of XHV... I really think there's a fauir chance that could pay my mortgage off. Outside of that I am playing really. If you pick one which goes 100x, you don't need all that much in it to do qwell.

A lad I know made money in the bear market and he's defo going to become a crypto millionaire. I'm mainly following his advice.

I’m not trying to be a prick here, so hopefully you take this as I intend it, but...

given how into XHV you are, why would it not make it onto that graphic of top silver, gold, platinum coins you shared a page or so back?

curious as to why you’re so sold on something and someone like that wouldn’t see it in a list of 30 or 40 coins to highlight.

27 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’m not trying to be a prick here, so hopefully you take this as I intend it, but...

given how into XHV you are, why would it not make it onto that graphic of top silver, gold, platinum coins you shared a page or so back?

curious as to why you’re so sold on something and someone like that wouldn’t see it in a list of 30 or 40 coins to highlight.

XHV is several years old, I think the graphic was mainly focused on newer projects.

I bought 2200 CHSB (swissborg) at ICO years ago, about 10p each. Got 2200. They’re now 60p. I got an old iPad with the ‘Wallet’ on. Logged in to be told that the version is outdated and to upgrade to the next version. To upgrade to the next version, I need the mneumonic phrase, the twelve random words you choose and are supposed to back up upon registering. I’ve lost them. I’ve lost 1300 quid & I’m fucking gutted. 

2 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

I bought 2200 CHSB (swissborg) at ICO years ago, about 10p each. Got 2200. They’re now 60p. I got an old iPad with the ‘Wallet’ on. Logged in to be told that the version is outdated and to upgrade to the next version. To upgrade to the next version, I need the mneumonic phrase, the twelve random words you choose and are supposed to back up upon registering. I’ve lost them. I’ve lost 1300 quid & I’m fucking gutted. 

My maths says 13,000 not 1300, so either get remembering the phrase, or find a way to get in without it, or without upgrading.

12 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Ah you've done 2200 X 60 instead of multiplying by .6

I thought I’d read he bought £2,200 worth at ICO. I didn’t sleep well. Ignore me.

id still be trying to work out a way in though.

9 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I'd imagine he makes money by shilling coins. He may well only shill coins which he believes in, but I doubt he'll promote projects which don't incentivise him. From what I understand the most XHV have paid people is 12 coins, so he might consider that not to be enough.

There are some known figures on Twitter with over 100,000 followers who are recommending Haven, but it is mostly under the radar.

In terms of it being old, it's not really. The old development team gave up because they decided what they wanted to do was impossible, but the new team have achieved it.

Last night they announced options to stake you xUSD and the release of a debit card where you can spend your profits from staking.

Make you own mind up. It was sub 3 dollars when I tipped it, it's now over 9 dollars.

I read a bit yesterday and I don’t understand it - not uncommon for me in this world - but don’t like the sound of “your own private tax haven” as an idea to be honest, and it’s not available on the exchanges I’m registered with, so I’ll leave it, but hope it earns for you.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I read a bit yesterday and I don’t understand it - not uncommon for me in this world - but don’t like the sound of “your own private tax haven” as an idea to be honest, and it’s not available on the exchanges I’m registered with, so I’ll leave it, but hope it earns for you.

Yeah, well I'll be happy to pay whatever taxes are due, but it will be popular with those who are evading taxes. This is the way crypto is going though, they won't be able to outlaw it, so they will need to reevaluate how they collect taxes. If it goes all on things like council tax and tax on spending, you could argue that this will be a more equitable taxation system.

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

Yeah, well I'll be happy to pay whatever taxes are due, but it will be popular with those who are evading taxes. This is the way crypto is going though, they won't be able to outlaw it, so they will need to reevaluate how they collect taxes. If it goes all on things like council tax and tax on spending, you could argue that this will be a more equitable taxation system.

What are your thoughts on Ripple? 

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

What are your thoughts on Ripple? 

It's dead. There was a global organised pump a week or so ago (it was mentioned in here) and the whales took that opportunity to dump their bags. If they get cleared by SEC it may have a slight boost, but that will likely be used an opportunity to exit. It was oversold in 2017, so it still has a large market cap, so very little chance of significant growth.

Just my opinion, not financial advice. I'm barely even a talented amateur, but the lad I know who is a whizz also thinks XRP is dead.

53 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

It's dead. There was a global organised pump a week or so ago (it was mentioned in here) and the whales took that opportunity to dump their bags. If they get cleared by SEC it may have a slight boost, but that will likely be used an opportunity to exit. It was oversold in 2017, so it still has a large market cap, so very little chance of significant growth.

Just my opinion, not financial advice. I'm barely even a talented amateur, but the lad I know who is a whizz also thinks XRP is dead.

Ok cheers thanks for the answer. A mate I know who's into trading thinks its worth an outside punt at cheap prices and says bitcoin could hit a wall because of environmental issues related to mining and possible future regulation. I havnt got a clue, interesting though..

https://coinmarketcap.com/alexandria/article/revealed-what-investors-think-btc-will-be-worth-in-2030-its-not-good-news