You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I have a feeling a fair few folks are going to get fucked by Doge.

Yeah it looks like that could happen shortly. As much as I like it and want it to do well it seems like a hype coin, where it needs to be regularly talked about and spread around on social media so more people start buying it until it sustains a higher value, and it doesn't look like the hype is keeping things going and could be fading.

If it was the case where enough people around the world started using it and buying more it could actually work as a currency I think, but as something that's being hoarded by a group of people as hype starts fading they're up against most of 120 billion coins + 5 billion more made each year. No use buying and hodling against those numbers if support isn't being increased enough.

11 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah it looks like that could happen shortly. As much as I like it and want it to do well it seems like a hype coin, where it needs to be regularly talked about and spread around on social media so more people start buying it until it sustains a higher value, and it doesn't look like the hype is keeping things going and could be fading.

If it was the case where enough people around the world started using it and buying more it could actually work as a currency I think, but as something that's being hoarded by a group of people as hype starts fading they're up against most of 120 billion coins + 5 billion more made each year. No use buying and hodling against those numbers if support isn't being increased enough.

r/CryptoCurrency - Doge

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Aren't they all hype coins?

7 hours ago, cochyn said:

Aren't they all hype coins?

I've been reading up on doge a bit more and what the actual dev team thinks of it and I don't really see it as a hype coin now. The problem seems to be more that it's been hyped and a lot of people have probably put too much money into it. It's supposed to be a currency that's used and not something that shoots up to huge amounts. Maybe it'll be worth more in the future but the devs won't be majorly changing anything about it from what I've read, and even if they did the actual users could just ignore them anyway and carry on as they were doing for years before it got so much attention recently.

I've got more respect for it now but I'm not focused on making money from it. It's helped as an introduction to crypto and from what I've read has probably helped a lot of others too, that alone was easily worth the bit of cash I spent on it.

I don't think they're all hype coins either, bitcoin is being increasingly invested in and big banks/corps/hedge funds/paypal/mastercard/tesla are taking it seriously too so if it's a hype coin you could maybe say that fiat currency is also hyped, just by the gov and the institutions we've grown up with instead. Or should I say enforced. I think one of the goals is to break away from that enforcement, centralisation and all of the crap that comes with it. And if bitcoin is doing it now it's surely only a matter of time before others follow.

2 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

My litecoins doubled since Feb 13th. Pity I only bougt a tenners worth.

Did you get mixed up with something else? I remember you mentioning getting some and it was the 5th after checking a couple of pages back so you've still got a 50% rise since then.

I'm wanting to get more tomorrow so wouldn't be surprised if it rockets again to make that more expensive. Glad it's done well so far though.

44 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I think there's a good chance LTC will rise by a minimum 50% in the coming days. It's also very safe.

I'm playing with alts that I think can do 100x in alt season mainly. I'm heavy in XHV though, so don't have any spare cash to play with.

Just chasing the modest 10,000% gains huh

Just now, Herp McDerp said:

True, no point aiming for double digit growth when that can be had elsewhere. All the best, hope whichever coin you're backing turns you into TLW's very own Elon.

I have a lot of XHV... I really think there's a fauir chance that could pay my mortgage off. Outside of that I am playing really. If you pick one which goes 100x, you don't need all that much in it to do qwell.

A lad I know made money in the bear market and he's defo going to become a crypto millionaire. I'm mainly following his advice.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Why are you so in on XHV.

It's the holy grail of crypto. It's a deflating, algorithmically backed private stable coin.

Currently if you own XHV, you can 'burn' it into xusd which is pegged to the US dollar, but it's also private, which no other private coin is. It's also introducing new x-assets in GBP, EUR and CNY and BTC. When the market collapses and people rush to stable coins, why would you not rush to this one? Also, to people using it as a bridge, the price is irrelevant.

Not to mention, many people think SEC will investigate USDT as it's not truly underpinned by USD.

Or, more succinctly: 

You can buy XHV and when you own it you can change it to XUSD, which is pegged to the value of USD, so whereas in BTC it could drop to just a few grand again, you basically retain your profits. The other option is to cash out into fiat (traditional money), but then you incur taxes. USDT is the current main stable coin, but there are concerns. Also, USDT is not private, so your balances can be seen.

I think at the end of the bull run, many could cash out into XHV and the more they burn, the smaller the supply becomes, which increases the price of each coin.

I hope that makes more sense, but I've had a few Staropramens.

Got a bit more litecoin and also put a bit into cosmos (atom), as they're releasing something later in the week that could be big for crypto so the price might jump (or the release could go wrong and tank it, thought i'd give it a go though) : https://www.coindesk.com/cosmos-set-to-take-lead-in-blockchain-interoperability-with-februarys-stargate-release

Fucking awesome, atomic wallet that I used to get the atom supports a shitload of coins and has an exchange feature so I've been able to convert into a couple of others too. Almost got a bit in everything I want now.

Currently : doge, litecoin, atom, stellar and dot (polkadot).

Glad most of this madness is out of the way so I can hold, check charts every so often and get back to playing some games.

The thing I didn't mention about XHV is that it has a market cap of circa $110,000,000. This is tiny compared to where it could end up. USDT is 300x higher than XHV currently is. 

With xBTC they could take big chucks away from BTC as well, just because it is a privacy coin.