You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

3 hours ago, skend04 said:

Doge is a joke coin. People are literally burning their money. This is pretty mad.

It's been holding well at higher prices, I think he's looking at the numbers. With 120 billion of them and several billion more added each year it's the type of coin that could be liked by people around the world and still maybe stay affordable, which clearly isn't the case with something like bitcoin.

It was holding at $0.04 for a couple of hours before he even started tweeting too, it's been fine at 0.03 for most of the last week and on the dogecoin reddit alone there's already 850k+ members. It's something that needs patience if it's getting anywhere but it might turn out ok.

7 hours ago, Welsh said:

Mad how someone with so much power can just tweet one thing and it will then fly. He is the richest man in the world and has just got richer.

He's a prick. I've been waiting for Doge to go down a bit so I can get the most for my money. 

Wish he'd waited a month I could have made a few quid. 

4 hours ago, Aventus said:

He's a prick. I've been waiting for Doge to go down a bit so I can get the most for my money. 

Wish he'd waited a month I could have made a few quid. 

I read on a discord earlier that he'd lost someone $1000, not sure how but it looks like he's probably pissed quite a few people off even if a lot of others are glad he's supporting doge. Probably impossible to avoid if you're promoting something in crypto with the amount of followers and influence that he has.

I'll join those being pissed off(ish) if he decides to promote litecoin before next week, hoping to put a bit into that too before it starts rocketing out of range.

11 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I read on a discord earlier that he'd lost someone $1000, not sure how but it looks like he's probably pissed quite a few people off even if a lot of others are glad he's supporting doge. Probably impossible to avoid if you're promoting something in crypto with the amount of followers and influence that he has.

I'll join those being pissed off(ish) if he decides to promote litecoin before next week, hoping to put a bit into that too before it starts rocketing out of range.

Just bought £10 of litecoin on the basis of this. You'd better be right or my lawyers will be primed!

• Upvote 1

on the basis that I have a decent sized but not enormous holding going on, and the comments on the last few pages, I decided today to turn my ETH (which was at a pretty high level) all into AAVE and give myself more chance for boom/bust with it.

im still keeping my £800 or so of BTC where it is for now and see if it gets up to £30k then transfer maybe half of it out into something else.

ive only got Coinbase, binance and Bitfinex accounts and can’t for the life of me remember how to use the latter, so my $100 holdings in there are staying as they are, which is mostly ETH and a little bit ok a load of shit.

on binance I’ve tidied it all up to just have £300 worth of Doge cause I think there’s enough talk happening that it could temporarily go nuts and get up to $1-2 and turn into a few grand, and a bit more AAVE which I already had from way back when.

22 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

Just bought £10 of litecoin on the basis of this. You'd better be right or my lawyers will be primed!

Cool (not the lawyers bit!), it has four times more coins available than bitcoin so it should increase in value more slowly but apart from that it's supposed to be similar to bitcoin itself so hopefully it'll do well.

Something on doge that anyone putting money into it should be aware of : A Mysterious Dogecoin Address Absorbed 27% of the Supply, the Top 20 Addresses Captured 50%

I'm not trying to put anyone off it and I've still got mine and maybe will add more, but I think it's best to know if you're spending on it.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

Almost everything else is falling in value while dogecoin is going wild.

s1rVGCU.png

I expect it to drop as people start dumping a load to make quick cash shortly, still crazy to see though.

This is one area that you of all people should not get involved in. Your addictive and obsessive nature could lose you some money. Just make sure you don't go too deep into it. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

This is one area that you of all people should not get involved in. Your addictive and obsessive nature could lose you some money. Just make sure you don't go too deep into it. 

I'm getting some cash into it but spreading it around different currencies. I don't trust dogecoin enough because massive amounts can be dumped totally flooring it in no time if a group wants to do that, although the popularity of it now could simply mean that it'd result in thousands of people buying a load more on the cheap and sending it rocketing again.

There's also the issue with governments. It's been fine for years but it only takes something like say, a massive dogecoin crash and loads of people losing all of their money like many did with GameStop and then they might have excuses to start trying to regulate things. So I'm fine with getting into it for a short while as long as I make sure to put cash into litecoin and a few other more secure ones, but then I'll probably give it a rest.

I put hundreds into magic the gathering last year and i do the same with pc/console games pretty much every year now, if I do the same with this for a while I'm not too fussed. Then I'll just try and leave it and see how the value of it changes over time.

I'm too paranoid to put everything into it really. It's too volatile, govs aren't very clear on it still and I could also have problems cashing out for the short term too. So i'll be ok hopefully, cheers though!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I sold all my Lumens because they were struggling to break past 26p. Since then I can’t buy back in because they’ve jumped up to 29p-30p. I’m f I’d have hung on for a day or two they’d have been worth another £50. Tough break, being a crypto wizard. RP knows what I’m talking about. 

I didn't think it was a good idea you selling them but thought you'd end up getting them back! I'd have said something too but wary of suggesting anything when money is involved and things are so unpredictable for obvious reasons (and i don't think anyone would listen to someone that's been in the thread for little over a week and is only holding some dogecoin). I've downloaded a stellar wallet too because it seems to be doing well and has a good following but making sure to focus on litecoin next.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Red Banjo said:

Elon is a massive cunt.

As if that stonker needs any more cash. Being the richest man alive isn't enough for some people clearly.

When you're wiping out Star Ships 8, 9 and 10 in a flash, I guess every bit helps!

That said, it's Tesla investing in bit coin and not musk personally, I think? Neither is he a real 'founder' of Tesla and many suggest.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

When you're wiping out Star Ships 8, 9 and 10 in a flash, I guess every bit helps!

That said, it's Tesla investing in bit coin and not musk personally, I think? Neither is he a real 'founder' of Tesla and many suggest.

He's still worth a reported $200bn. Obscene wealth. Greed. Hoarder. Whatever. You can't possibly spend more than $10bn even if you lived the most extravagant lifestyle imaginable. So to accumulate 20x that amount and still not be happy just shows how fucked this world is.

If his sole aim with his Dogecoin nonsense the other day was to drive alt coin up so he could save a few dollars on bitcoin- the man is a weapons grade cunt.