You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

4 hours ago, Gooch said:

It is rife with scams and the regulation is lax to say the least, but if you know what you are doing it is the best opportunity you will ever get to make life changing money. Everyones different but to me its worth a serious shot at.

As soon as anyone says anything like this, you know you're talking about a scam.

I don't mean you personally are scamming people out of their money, only that as you note the whole concept is subject to manipulation and fraud and there is no way to ensure that it isn't. There has never been a way invented yet to get rich (or make "life-changing money") quickly that didn't involve anything illegal or some ridiculous good fortune. If you want a reliable way to get rich without breaking the law or inheriting it you will need to make some big sacrifices, wait a long time, and even then you need some luck along the way.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

There has never been a way invented yet to get rich (or make "life-changing money") quickly that didn't involve anything illegal or some ridiculous good fortune.

There's never been a way for people to create their own currencies in modern times like this before outside of the greed, corruption and manipulation of the rich and governments.

"Neo, no one has ever done anything like this."

"That's why it's going to work."

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I cant see crypto being anything other than what it is now. I mean nobody wants to get paid with money where one week you're wage might be half of what it was the week before.

It will become stable over time. More stable than fiat, as they won't just be able to print more when they economy is in danger of not growing perpetually.

28 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The great XRP rip off completed. Hopefully none if you got hurt on it. 

The whole thing was for some big bag holders to liquidate their assetts for the highest possible price. They suggested all bag holders buy a small amount at 13.30 to push the price, when really all they were looking to do was sell off their shite

image.png

Don't be surprised if there is some announcement over the coming days where SEC make XRP/Ripple cease trading or something.

22 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

As soon as anyone says anything like this, you know you're talking about a scam.

I don't mean you personally are scamming people out of their money, only that as you note the whole concept is subject to manipulation and fraud and there is no way to ensure that it isn't. There has never been a way invented yet to get rich (or make "life-changing money") quickly that didn't involve anything illegal or some ridiculous good fortune. If you want a reliable way to get rich without breaking the law or inheriting it you will need to make some big sacrifices, wait a long time, and even then you need some luck along the way.

Yeah I get you, I stand by the fact its the best opportunity, but it is in no way easy to achieve even if you navigate all the risks. For most people making the money is easy when it's all going up, but keeping it is another thing entirely.

7 hours ago, Gooch said:

Yeah I get you, I stand by the fact its the best opportunity, but it is in no way easy to achieve even if you navigate all the risks. For most people making the money is easy when it's all going up, but keeping it is another thing entirely.

Not quite. You can play with crypto on some spread betting sites.

So how much do people have at the moment in their crypto portfolios. 

ive not given mine much thought over the last year or maybe two, but started checking in again recently and even lumped a bit more in on something I saw get mentioned somewhere, so between by bitfinex account $100 equivalent of rubbish including Ripple, binance (£150) equivalent) and Coinbase (£950 equivalent) I’m in for just over a grand.

i can’t recall all the ins and outs but I think that’s from about £400-500 of my own money or thereabouts.

enough to think it’s a worthwhile sum to leave around but not enough that it’ll ever make me rich, but maybe might get to the point it can pay off a loan or buy us a holiday maybe?

As I said I put in 500 initially, that went to 1100. I took my initial 500 out so didn't lose anything. The 600 odd I left in has since fluctuated between a mere 123 when it all went tits up, to current value of 723. I have BTC, ETH, LTC, AAVE, GRT, XLM, ALGO and COMP. I won't be putting a single cent of my own money into it again though. It's a big scam, let's be honest. 

12 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

So how much do people have at the moment in their crypto portfolios. 

I've put about $3400 in over the last 3 years and it's currently worth $11,000. At one stage when I had only put $1200 in, it was worth $19,000 and I didn't cash out, as I presumed it would just carry on bouncing back. 

I'm confident that I am in coins that will have significant growth. Some might fail, but that's the risk/reward. I want to take 6 figures out at some stage - that's mortgage clearing type money!

I hold in order of bag size: XHV, AAVE, RUNE, CAS, LINK, UNI, ORN, SOUL, NCT, FFT

My biggest hopes for growth are in bold, simple because they have a lot more topside.

12 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

ive not given mine much thought over the last year or maybe two, but started checking in again recently and even lumped a bit more in on something I saw get mentioned somewhere, so between by bitfinex account $100 equivalent of rubbish including Ripple, binance (£150) equivalent) and Coinbase (£950 equivalent) I’m in for just over a grand.

i can’t recall all the ins and outs but I think that’s from about £400-500 of my own money or thereabouts.

enough to think it’s a worthwhile sum to leave around but not enough that it’ll ever make me rich, but maybe might get to the point it can pay off a loan or buy us a holiday maybe?

I now hardly spend a penny on Betfair, and this has kind of replaced it as my hobby. 

48 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I've put about $3400 in over the last 3 years and it's currently worth $11,000. At one stage when I had only put $1200 in, it was worth $19,000 and I didn't cash out, as I presumed it would just carry on bouncing back. 

I'm confident that I am in coins that will have significant growth. Some might fail, but that's the risk/reward. I want to take 6 figures out at some stage - that's mortgage clearing type money!

I hold in order of bag size: XHV, AAVE, RUNE, CAS, LINK, UNI, ORN, SOUL, NCT, FFT

My biggest hopes for growth are in bold, simple because they have a lot more topside.

I now hardly spend a penny on Betfair, and this has kind of replaced it as my hobby. 

So none in the bigger ones like Bitcoin and Eth or just not listing those?

5 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

So none in the bigger ones like Bitcoin and Eth or just not listing those?

None in them. They are more of a safe bet. You will make some money over time if you are happy to withdraw while the market suits. You could even make good money, but I am gambling more than that.

59 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

None in them. They are more of a safe bet. You will make some money over time if you are happy to withdraw while the market suits. You could even make good money, but I am gambling more than that.

Sounds good.

do you do any trading or just sit and leave it and watch the markets?

I’ve put £100 in, taken it back out again and I’ve still got a cash balance in there of £230ish. Sold all my Lumens the other day and now waiting for an opportunity to buy them back again. That’s all  mostly come from the recent jump in XLM. I bought them because they were holding steady at 5p. They’re now 23p-26p. Also got a few quids worth of different coins for watching 30 second video clips on Coinbase which I just traded for the Lumens straight away. 

This time next year...

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Sounds good.

do you do any trading or just sit and leave it and watch the markets?

Tried trading and lost money. Unless you are an expert on the charts, it's a mugs game. My brother-in-law trades and he's pretty successful, but he's more studious than me.

How do you easily withdraw cash from Coinbase? I'm not going to withdraw right now but apart from moving it to their wallet or exchanging it for another crypto I don't see a way to remove cash 'easily'

I've come from Revolut which switches crypto straight from your balance and back very easily. 

Screenshot-2021-02-03-at-14-06-33.png

I have full access to everything except the UK account and I can deposit to buy crypto, weird.