You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

Anybody had a dabble?

If you put £100 in Bitcoin 10 years ago, you'd be a millionaire now

If you put £500 in five years ago, you'd be a millionaire now

I put £750 in Crypto including Bitcoin 5 weeks ago and it's now worth £1500.

Anybody else involved?

Didn’t Pony Princess have some? He kindly explained how they worked and advised people investing. That was about 5 years ago...

Think of it as digital gold. There is a finite amount (Specifically BitCoin) and the price us dictated by supply and demand.

Demand will rise due to the methodology (blockchain) being streets ahead of existing financial markets.

However new tech could overtake it.

I have Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and XRP. I also have invested in two ICO's, Crypterium and Cashaa - I wouldn't bother with Crypterium, but Cashaa looks good.

Where do you start... go to etoro website and have a read. I am happy to answer any specific questions and provide what information I can. For example, if you want to buy some Bitcoin, some Ethereum and some Litecoin, just download Coinbase or Krakem, apps, validate yourself and buy some!

Think of it as digital gold. There is a finite amount (Specifically BitCoin) and the price us dictated by supply and demand.

Demand will rise due to the methodology (blockchain) being streets ahead of existing financial markets.

However new tech could overtake it.

I have Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and XRP. I also have invested in two ICO's, Crypterium and Cashaa - I wouldn't bother with Crypterium, but Cashaa looks good.

Where do you start... go to etoro website and have a read. I am happy to answer any specific questions and provide what information I can. For example, if you want to buy some Bitcoin, some Ethereum and some Litecoin, just download Coinbase or Krakem, apps, validate yourself and buy some!

Nice spread of decent coins that mate. Only ones that I'd add are NEO and ODN.
  • Upvote 1

I’m going to get a couple of hundred quids worth. Take that as a sign to get your money out immediately. Maybe they’ll take my last minute.com shares as payment. Or the Centrica shares I’ve bought at £2.

I think it's too late to hope for incredible gains now, but you could still double your money or more quite quickly. If you want a bigger return, look at Litecoin or Cashaa I reckon.

Anybody had a dabble?

If you put £100 in Bitcoin 10 years ago, you'd be a millionaire now

If you put £500 in five years ago, you'd be a millionaire now

I put £750 in Crypto including Bitcoin 5 weeks ago and it's now worth £1500.

Anybody else involved?

Is it actually worth £1500 (i.e. you will be able to sell it for £1500) or is it like a game where you see £1500 as a number and there's nothing you can do with it?

Is it actually worth £1500 (i.e. you will be able to sell it for £1500) or is it like a game where you see £1500 as a number and there's nothing you can do with it?

If I withdraw now, it's worth about £1555

Dubious about this.

If the capital growth is down to interest accumulation then why don't high street banks offer similar ?

No, but if the accelearation in value is down to supply and demand of an imaginary currency, what could possibly go wrong ?!

Not getting this at all.

Value is strictly supply and demand

What's the easiest app to use for trading these? 

I use Coinbase, Krakem is okay and eToro is what my sister uses I think.

Sorry for this shit attempt at multiquote!

So if value is decided on supply and demand then what's to stop bitcoin providers from flooding the imaginary money market with imaginary quantitive easing / further bitcoin currency ?

What would investors be left with ? Nothing.

There is a finite amount of coints capped forever. I think it's 21 billion, of which 17 billions have currently been released and 4 billion 'lost'