You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Nov 18-20 2017)

tlw content

pulis_sacked.jpg

The North London derby was difficult to call. Tottenham’s record at the Emirates is shocking but you’d never trust Arsenal to win a big game as they’re just too flakey. In the end Wenger’s Boys won comfortably enough, but they’ve got their old enemy Mike Dean to thank for it.

The Gunners took the lead with a brilliant header by Mustafi from a free-kick that should never have been given. Sanchez from Spurs made a great tackle on Sanchez from Arsenal, but Dean saw a non-existent pull of the shirt and awarded a foul. Mustafi was marginally offside too, so double whammy for Spurs there. 

Sanchez quickly added a second after a stunning first touch gave him a close range finish. He nearly added another one in the second half after another glorious first touch. If it were up to me, I’d throw a fucking mountain of cash at him this summer and see if we can right the wrong of when we failed to get him last time. I love him, he’s brilliant and the prospect of him lining up with our other forwards has me drooling like Chief Wiggum in a donut shop. 

Spurs were flat and didn’t play with the energy we’ve come to expect from them and Kane clearly isn’t fit. He’s playing with a big fuck off bandage on his thigh which is never a good sign as it shows that he’s bothered by it. He was subbed with 20 minutes left, as were Dembele and Alli. Pochettino waving the white flag early there. 

Here’s a question. If Pochettino is so great, how come he continues to pick that waster Moussa Sissoko? 

That result kept things tight between second and sixth places, but at the top City continue to streak away after they won at Leicester. They too had a big helping hand from a ref, who should have sent Kompany off after two minutes when he brought down Vardy. I’ve never seen this ref before and hopefully won’t see him again, the coward. His justification for not sending Kompany off was that Stones was in the vicinity. 

Sorry, but unless Usain Bolt is ‘in the vicinity’ then no cunt is catching Vardy, so that’s bollocks. He didn’t send him off because there were only two minutes gone and he didn’t have the bottle to make the right call against a big team. 

Leicester were flying at City early on and that’s what you have to try to do. There’s no point standing off them and defending because they’ll just carve you open. The problem is when you attack them and lose the ball, they’re a lot like us in that they go the length of the field in about three seconds. 

Leicester are one of the few teams capable of getting at them because of the pace and skill they have on the break, and they were having a good go until in the blink of an eye City popped three passes together around the box and Gabriel Jesus had a tap in. 

Leicester almost hit back soon after but Maguire’s shot was cleared off the line and City went up the other end and made it 2-0 with a stunning drive from De Bruyne. It’s just too easy for them at the moment, it’s like playing Footy Manager after editing the database and giving yourself an unlimited budget. Yeah, you win everything in sight but there’s a hollow feeling to it. Probably why City’s fans are so half arsed and apathetic these days. 

The other mancs won too, as Mourinho got one over his old rival Rafa. I didn’t watch it, I mean why would I? I did see on twitter that Ibrahimovich was back and referring to himself as a lion again. Such a cunt. Let’s see how old Mufasa copes when he’s sat on the bench for the next six months watching Lukaku steal his crown as the biggest flat track bully in Europe. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for THREE MONTHS.

They are happy to go back and look at decisions the ref got wrong which involve diving but not when a player nearly breaks somebody’s leg or elbows someone in the face and the ref isn’t sure so gives them a yellow. It’s a farce and it will be flagged up one weekend soon when you get a player being punished for diving and Andy Carroll or Rooney assaults somebody and gets away with it.

I can’t see Pulis going back to Stoke because of all the bad feeling there has been since he went. He’s always sniping at them.