LFC 6 Times

Chelsea(h) PL- Match Thread

Good game to get over last night's second half. They've hit a good bit of form, but are never impressive when they come to Anfield. Need a bit of rotation here, Can needs to come in for Henderson, Mig for Karius, hopefully Matip back in. Hopefully Lallana ready for 30 off the bench.

At half-time last night i'd have had us winning this. Now I just can't see it. Even if we go at them from the off and bag a couple we are clearly too shit at the back not to concede a few against good sides. Same front 4 but i'd have Milner and Can behind Coutinho. Gomez at LB, TAA at RB and Matip (if back) and Lovren CB. Mig in goal. *shudders* 

The extra day to prepare, plus their extra travel, are both an advantage to us.

Chelsea are looking strong again, and even with us at our best it’s the sort of game where any result can happen, win, lose or draw. We should resist the temptation to go too overboard no matter what happens.

I predict we will respond defensively and look much tighter there. At the same time they are a well drilled unit so they will dull our attack. If Kante plays he will help them a lot.

There won’t be a lot of goals and I’m going for 1-1.

Then again, a nice bit of magic from one of our match winners to claim all three points wouldn’t go amiss. Mane is due something special, so is Coutinho.

• Upvote 1

We're still scoring and we're quite good defensively at home, kiss of death there! Old adages are there for a reason. Take each game on it's own merits etc. Keep hazard and fabregas quiet and we'll be grand

Guest Alex_K

The defence at home is a different creature to the defence away from home. Very stark contrast in goals conceded. That said, can see a low score draw -- unless Kante is out in which case we brush them aside.

Conte is already moaning about the fixtures. There is no reason to fear Chelsea.

They'll be tired - but not a lot of running around is required to score off a couple of corners and a free kick swung into our box at the keystone cops.

What do people think of this?

--------------Mig

----JoGo------Matip---Klavan

TAA------Hendo-------Can--------Milner

---------Salah-------Coutinho

---------------Mané--------

Klopp would never drop Firmino but it would be interesting to play without him up front, drop a bit deeper and rely on the pace of Mané and Salah with slightly less pressing.