You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea(h) PL- Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

A manager in his third year who hasn't sep up a proper defence or midfield and with a flapping goal keeper, stupid. We won't win anything under this man.

You'll probably get some stick for that but its not far away from becoming a valid argument.

I think he has the rest of this season and possibly next summers window for the majority.    

A manager in his third year who hasn't sep up a proper defence or midfield and with a flapping goal keeper, stupid. We won't win anything under this man.

Agree.

And I like him, and Keita will make a huge difference, but if he fails to replace the Gk, a CB and a CM then he’s in freefall next season.

I expected him o be far more ruthless with weak players in the squad, it’s been a key disappointment.

Agree.

And I like him, and Keita will make a huge difference, but if he fails to replace the Gk, a CB and a CM then he’s in freefall next season.

I expected him o be far more ruthless with weak players in the squad, it’s been a key disappointment.

I thought he would be more ruthless. Its a grey area as we often hear that he makes the best of what he has as his hands are tied by the ineptness of FSG.

I think the truth lies somewhere inbetween 

Klopp is not beyond criticism, but let’s imagine the current team with the two additions he was in for last summer. Stick VVD and Keita in there and all of a sudden we look so much better. He’s playing the long game as he’s patient waiting for the ones he wants. I applaud that as we’ve wasted too much money on mid ranking players that won’t take us higher.

Keita is coming and you would have to think another defender will be on the way soon, hopefully VVD if they will do business with us. And in the meantime he is coaching the players to good effect - witness the upturn in Moreno’s form, and also giving one or two younger players a go, such as Gomez and TAA. I would like to see Gruijic get a go in the middle as we’re not looking up to snuff there. He might not be better than what we have now, but he’s young and he sticks his foot in, and he won’t improve further if he doesn’t get a chance.

• Upvote 2

Klopp is not beyond criticism, but let’s imagine the current team with the two additions he was in for last summer. Stick VVD and Keita in there and all of a sudden we look so much better. He’s playing the long game as he’s patient waiting for the ones he wants. I applaud that as we’ve wasted too much money on mid ranking players that won’t take us higher.

Keita is coming and you would have to think another defender will be on the way soon, hopefully VVD if they will do business with us. And in the meantime he is coaching the players to good effect - witness the upturn in Moreno’s form, and also giving one or two younger players a go, and I’m pleased by what I’ve seen of Gomez and TAA.

Agree in the most part- particularly that not just splurging on plan B and being patient.

But trusting the likes of Moreno (among 3 or 4 othrs) is asking for big trouble if you have top 4 ambitions  

Was fine with deferring the usual counter-attack approach today, but when they started to push up on us and we were dropping in we really had to make the change.  They have some of the quickest defenders in the league (Zappacosta, Alonso, Azpilicueta... even Christensen was happy to step out a few times) and they were allowed to join the attack.  We had to bring Mane on to keep them honest.

• Upvote 2

Keita is coming and you would have to think another defender will be on the way soon, hopefully VVD if they will do business with us. And in the meantime he is coaching the players to good effect - witness the upturn in Moreno’s form, and also giving one or two younger players a go, such as Gomez and TAA. I would like to see Gruijic get a go in the middle as we’re not looking up to snuff there. He might not be better than what we have now, but he’s young and he sticks his foot in, and he won’t improve further if he doesn’t get a chance.

Fair.

I’d rather we started thinking about Trent in the middle, which is his most natural position. Grujic seems like he’s treading water, bit of a Shelvey at the top level.

Well I came away from that game feeling like we had lost after that last Willian goal. Questions were asked about Mignolet all around me and I thought he did not deal with it well. I have read reports it was one of those cross cum shot jobs but it seemed like Mignolet was slow moving his feet and could not get to the ball?

I was disappointed with both Jurgens team selection and lack of response to Contes in game changes. Conte made 3 subs after going behind but Jurgen did not respond. At one point it looked like Lallana was going to come on at a throw in and the ref even seemed to stop play because Klopp was giving Lallana a talk. Incredibly Jurgen carried on talking so the ref waved play on. 2 minutes later Chelsea equalised. I do not get it. Just shore up the game. Was he wanting Lallana to take the game to Chelsea and that is why he took his time talking to him?

Why am I so raging? They aren't even that good. In fact they are shit. We need to be beating shit teams like this when we have the chance. We nullified their only dangerous player and yet they still drew with us.

The reigning Champions who have won 8 out of their previous 12 league games?

They're RUBBISH!  Bloody RUBBISH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpq30EUTDGM

• Upvote 1

Just got back. Disappointed not to hold on to the lead. 

Poor substitutions again. 

Not really sure why he was going to bring Gini on at 0-0. Any clarity on that from the pundits?

I was glad when Gini came on.  We'd been getting overrun in midfield, meaning that Sturridge was redundant and Coutinho was too deep.  I thought the substitution might have changed things.

It didn't, obviously, but I think the idea was sound.

Just watching Match of the Day and I paused the moment Willian hit what he calls his "shot".

Mignolet is horribly out of position.  If Willian had hit the cross properly, Mignolet would have had no chance, because the brainless cunt is messing around at his near post, leaving the rest of his goal open to two Chelsea players.

If he'd positioned himself correctly for the cross Willian was intending to make, he would have saved the "shot" that Willian did make.

We weren't great today, but we did enough to warrant a draw.  Coutinho for the last few games has been back to his inconsistent and wasteful self, Sturridge has shot his bolt, and Salah looked less effective than usual due to the lack of movement around him.  

Our midfield though, really is shite.  Milner was clearly not sure what he was being asked to do, and the other lad is fucking useless.