You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea(h) PL- Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

Guest Pistonbroke

Far to many posters who love to vent on here, despite a decent result. It's like they can't wait to get the boot in, especially since those who do it are absent after a win. Yeah, we have problems which need sorting but we are still in a good position both in the league and the CL, we haven't got the squad or the players to expect much better. I can only imagine the fume if we had lost today. 

If you've got a midfield made up of English players, certainly players with the pace, footballing skills and passing acumen of Henderson and Milner, then you've got fuck all there,

Chelsea got lucky, regardless of some arseholes on here thinking they 'deserved' the draw. What pissed me off was the way the Brazilian peasant acted like he meant the mis-hit cross as an effort on goal. .

But this Premier League is getting worse and worse. Talk it up as much as you like but that was a cunt of a game, and you will go a very long time before you see a decent game in this mammon amassing exercise in selling mediocrity.

Chelsea created far more than us over the 90 minutes, so it’s hardly very controversial to say that they deserved the draw.

in fairness the Salah thread has shown that.

Haven't looked in there. To be fair, I spend less and less time in here. Too many knee-jerk numpties.

We drew 1-1 with the champions. We should have won, but they got lucky.

We need to address our midfield, or lack thereof, as I think that is actually more of an issue than our defence, but we're fifth and not a million miles away from being a very good side.

But then I maybe don't take 11 millionaires running around for 90 minutes as seriously as everyone else.

If you've got a midfield made up of English players, certainly players with the pace, footballing skills and passing acumen of Henderson and Milner, then you've got fuck all there,

Chelsea got lucky, regardless of some arseholes on here thinking they 'deserved' the draw. What pissed me off was the way the Brazilian peasant acted like he meant the mis-hit cross as an effort on goal. .

But this Premier League is getting worse and worse. Talk it up as much as you like but that was a cunt of a game, and you will go a very long time before you see a decent game in this mammon amassing exercise in selling mediocrity.

Kinell. Any chance you can check your cupboards? 

Chelsea created far more than us over the 90 minutes, so it’s hardly very controversial to say that they deserved the draw.

Chelsea's 'creativity' was normally inspired by our gifting them the ball. The way they equalised was the only way they were going to score. Cunt of a game.

The hindsight crew are out in force.

And "game management" seems to be the new buzzword. We moan because we didn't win. But some of the criticisms are all over the shop.

No game management? Isn't changing to a 4-5-1 and putting another body in midfield and then switching to a back 5 managing the game? Trying to see out a 1-0 win? It's easy to moan because Willian looped a fluke goal in. If he didn't do that, the majority would be happy with the performance and wouldn't be going on about "game management."

I think "game management" is the new "no plan B" shout and it doesn't really boil down to much or stand up to scrutiny.

The subs were made late. Fair enough. But nobody has a real clue about the fitness levels of Mané and Lallana. And Klopp was looking to go to a 5 in midfield and then a back 5. Where does Mané fit in in those systems?

It's easy to use the buzzwords and make out like Klopp just did nothing and let Chelsea score. That simply isn't true.

He's not beyond criticism. But when he's changed system two times in one game and would get a win but for a lucky goal, I'm not sure it's on Klopp or his "lack of game mangement."

• Upvote 2

We need a massive upgrade on Jordan Henderson as both a midfielder and a captain.

He is a coward and he is nowhere near a big enough character to be captain of our club.

He is a decent enough midfielder for a mid table PL club but he is not even close to being what we need as a footballer, a character or a leader.

• Upvote 1

And "game management" seems to be the new buzzword. We moan because we didn't win. But some of the criticisms are all over the shop.

No game management? Isn't changing to a 4-5-1 and putting another body in midfield and then switching to a back 5 managing the game? Trying to see out a 1-0 win? It's easy to moan because Willian looped a fluke goal in. If he didn't do that, the majority would be happy with the performance and wouldn't be going on about "game management."

I think "game management" is the new "no plan B" shout and it doesn't really boil down to much or stand up to scrutiny.

The subs were made late. Fair enough. But nobody has a real clue about the fitness levels of Mané and Lallana. And Klopp was looking to go to a 5 in midfield and then a back 5. Where does Mané fit in in those systems?

It's easy to use the buzzwords and make out like Klopp just did nothing and let Chelsea score. That simply isn't true.

He's not beyond criticism. But when he's changed system two times in one game and would get a win but for a lucky goal, I'm not sure it's on Klopp or his "lack of game mangement."

Out of Rep

We need a massive upgrade on Jordan Henderson as both a midfielder and a captain.

He is a coward and he is nowhere near a big enough character to be captain of our club.

He is a decent enough midfielder for a mid table PL club but he is not even close to being what we need as a footballer, a character or a leader.

x1000000

Guest Pistonbroke

When I personally mentioned 'Game management' I was on about the players and not the manager. We literally have no leaders on the pitch. They can't stick to systems unless it is in an attacking sense, we just flap at the back. Bringing on Mane earlier wouldn't have stopped the flapping today, it never does. We just hope to get lucky or to be so far ahead due to our forward play that it doesn't matter. We need a few defensive and midfield players with both bollocks and a footballing brain. 

They were the much better team throughout.

We were fucking dreadful. Our midfield was fucking clueless once again.

Milner and Henderson couldn't pass for shit. Dreadful players.

Coutinho is a luxury in midfield we can ill afford. When he's on fire, he's magical. He's been woeful since he returned to the team mainly aside from a few sparks here and there. If you're going to play him, play him in the front three.

Number of times they strolled through our midfield was embarrassing.

Mo was our saviour once again. Without him we would be in the bottom half of the table.

Chamberlain had a decent game.

Once again, we failed to close out a game. Felt like a loss like the Sevilla collapse.

The problem is when we tried to sit and soak it up/see it out and defend with men behind the ball (call it managing the game if you want) we looked nervy, made loads of errors (look at the pinball in our own box as defenders hacked it against each other 6 yards from their goal) and actually got opened up at will.....some dead close offside shouts for example - especially the one where had they gone right instead of left they were in in acres of space.

We simply lack the nous, the quality and the discipline/organisation needed against really good sides when we are trying to defend/see it out.

We give it away, we lose battles, we make hashes of clearances all too often and it just keeps coming back until we eventually cave in/regardless of how lucky it may be ala today.

We somehow manage to leave massive gaps even with everyone goal side. It is very frustrating to see.

We already have a massive upgrade coming in with Keita.  I'm hoping they get knocked out of the CL and we somehow get him early in January.

Honestly, central midfield is a bigger problem for us than Central defence.

Excellent post, and agree with most of it. But I absolutely think he should’ve brought Mane on earlier to go for a second on the break. It never looked very likely that we’d shut shop. That said, I do suspect Mane perhaps wasn’t fully fit. Looked a bit passive the few minutes he played.

Although I can understand Mane's frustration, the last thing we need is another fucking millionaire primadonna publicly chucking his toys out the pram.

Wind your fucking neck in eh, Mane lad?

Do it in the changing rooms behind closed doors, like Klopp has the decency to do. He publicly backs every single one of them, even the handicapped players but I’m 99% sure they have a proper bollocking in the changing rooms.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just before they scored Henderson went in to try and clear a ball. he kicked thin air and then just put his hand on his knees as Chelsea played the ball wide and got in behind us. About 20 seconds later it was 1-1 and he was jogging about in space! He's a fucking wimp who loves to hide instead of getting stuck in. We should have sold this fraud on after he had that one decent season off the back of Suarez, Sturridge and to an extent Sterling.