You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea(h) PL- Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

You don't think the finish was at all jammy then?

The goal itself was jammy, but them being 1-1 is not. They had about 3 clear cut chances beforehand that we were jammy not to concede. We were asking to concede from the 65th minute onwards.

Taking off your only striker for a defensive midfielder, switching to a 451 which was all over the place and being camped in your own half was inviting them to score. It was predictable and horrible in equal measure.

I predicted 1-1 which is an acceptable result, but the manner in which it happened feels like a defeat. We had it in our grasp. Couldn’t close it out. We were getting tired and getting deeper. It was obvious we needed some more pace on there to threaten them as the game was getting stretched.

Their goal was a bit flukey. I’m not even sure it was a shot. Looked like a cross to me. On our side we handed them the initiative by not making the right subs soon enough. Poor game management.

• Upvote 1

Bollocks.  Two points lost through a pretty lucky goal and some passive game management from the boss.  Look forward to everyone that predicted a kicking today reacting as though this is the end of the world.

Disappointing, frustrating, but a good team performance heading into the Christmas period where we will need to rotate.  Only thing I would add is that I don't expect much from Sturridge anymore, if he wants a move in Jan, give it him. Playing him in games like this will either lower his value or lead to an injury.  Not worth it.

Guest Pistonbroke

Still unbeaten at home and I'd have taken a draw before the game. We could have gotten all 3 points though, needed a bit more in game management when Conte started sticking all those attack minded players on.

You don't need to make subs for that to happen, but you do need more discipline and leadership on the pitch, not sure having Mane on 10 minutes earlier would have stopped that goal, hardly a player who tracks back, is he? 

Happy enough, but room for improvement as always. Keeps us in the hunt and another rival out of the way on the fixture list. 

The goal itself was jammy, but them being 1-1 is not. They had about 3 clear cut chances beforehand that we were jammy not to concede. We were asking to concede from the 65th minute onwards.

Taking off your only striker for a defensive midfielder, switching to a 451 which was all over the place and being camped in your own half was inviting them to score. It was predictable and horrible in equal measure.

I think most of us here were referring to the goal in fairness.  

Even game, draw a fair result.  Klopp needs to make his subs sooner, as per.

I think we sat a bit too deep at times and Mané should've been on earlier. But, on the sitting deep, we moan if like against Sevilla we don't see the game out. And, today, we (me included) moan if we do try and see the game out and it doesn't work out.

But, there's no real desire to play the blame game today, from me. We played well against a very good team and there was every chance we'd be celebrating a 1-0 win but for a 1 in a 100 goal. Chelsea stretched us and probably deserved an equaliser, but it was a jammy goal. That's not really up for debate.

• Upvote 1