You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Actors who would (would have) make a great James Bond

Bjornebye

Ha ha.

Now that I think about it, Sgt Wilson would have made an ace comedy Bond.

Mainwaring as M

Sgt Wilson as Bond

Godfrey as Q

Mavis Pike as Moneypenny

Corporal Colonel Square as the villian

I was surprised when i really started watching Dads Army properly a few years back that it was John Le Mesurier as Sgt Wilson. As i kid his name always stuck as i was always listening to the BBC Radio adaption of The Lord of the Rings where he was cast as Aragon.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Heard on the radio during the week that the lad who played Rob Stark in GOT was rumoured to be in the running to be the new Bond. 

He's be excellent i think, should keep his Scottish accent. I've got no problem with an ethnic bond, I used to think Dev from coronation street would make a good one.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He's be excellent i think, should keep his Scottish accent. I've got no problem with an ethnic bond, I used to think Dev from coronation street would make a good one.

Ha! Dev would have been ace, with Deirdre as Moneypenny.

Yeah apparently Barbara Broccoli was impressed with his turn in the Bodyguard and thinks he'd be a great Bond.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2018 at 10:57 PM, Lee909 said:

Mainwaring as M

Sgt Wilson as Bond

Godfrey as Q

Mavis Pike as Moneypenny

Corporal Colonel Square as the villian

I was surprised when i really started watching Dads Army properly a few years back that it was John Le Mesurier as Sgt Wilson. As i kid his name always stuck as i was always listening to the BBC Radio adaption of The Lord of the Rings where he was cast as Aragon.

I saw an episode of Dad's Army last week  ("Absent Friends") and I was amazed by how brilliant the acting was. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Would you take a French Bond... Wenger in.

Arsene Wenger, my God, the swag! He looks like a master assassin who’s reluctantly come out of retirement to kill John Wick

Dq-D6-S7c-XQAASe0.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

"Do you expect me to act, Goldfinger "

"Noooo Mr Bond I expect you to die"

Image result for dev corrie james bond

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Stickman said:

"Do you expect me to act, Goldfinger "

"Noooo Mr Bond I expect you to die"

Image result for dev corrie james bond

Outstanding. 

Some girl I used to work with her fella worked in web design and was called a 'front end Dev' and I used to have visions of loads of Devs all sat there in the office making noises. 

"Gina gzzzzzzzzz hmmmmmmm."

• Upvote 1