You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Matchday parking

Thomo123

Im taking my lad to the match on Sat, its only his second game and im driving down from Carlisle. Where is the best place to park, ideally i don't want to have a massive walk and I don't want to get stuck in loads of traffic getting home after the game. 

Good luck with the traffic thing, they close roads around the ground too so you can't really have  your cake and eat it I'm afraid.

I used to park at Goodison, it's not cheap these days and you have to wander through the park. I used to hand over my £5 and say, there that's another great player you can buy with that, I am sure they found it funny.  

It probably does depend on which way you want to get out and what time you’re getting to the ground. There’s no need to be dropping a tenner on parking though. If you going to South Liverpool and you get there early enough park on Sheil road. It’s a straight line walk to the ground. You can leave at full time and pace it up to your car and you won’t be waiting around in any queues. If you get there late the road will be full so just have to park in one of the side roads - Hampstead or Huntly.

On your way home drive down one of these side roads anyway and do a right along balmoral. You avoid the queues at the lights and come out on Prescot road which leads to edge lane. You can be on the M62 within minutes if you know where you’re going.

I have never had a ticket parking in the Asda off queens drive. People have tried to tell me otherwise these days.

Fuck em.

I've parked there for years, never a problem. Just over a mile from the ground.

The other place I've parked recently is Maiden Lane, just off Townsend Lane. Again, about a mile, maybe less. 

I have never had a ticket parking in the Asda off queens drive. People have tried to tell me otherwise these days.

Fuck em.

Best option , about 10 minutes walk away from the ground & straight onto Queens Drive so you can go towards the M62 one way or the M58 / M6 the other way as you come out.

Enjoy the game