You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mane injured again?

niallers

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/910438686?-19388:814:0

I only hope it's another rouse and that he's fine, however, given he prob was over played by us, minutes wise, against West ham and then a long flight coupled with a full match for Senegal, it wouldn't surprise me if he tweaked his hamstring again.

Klopp had asked Senegal to release him after the 1st game if they qualified.  Hopefully, that's all it is.

Hopefully it’s not too bad. I thought we could have played him a bit less against West Ham. He looked OK in that game, but I thought he was easing his way back in, without doing too much of the explosive stuff he does when fully fit. He didn’t need to, as it happened.

Hopefully this is nothing and we can ease him in next game and the one after that he’ll be raring to go.

Senegal forward Sadio Mane will return home early from international duty after reporting a minor issue with the hamstring injury from which he has just recovered.

The 25-year-old played in Friday’s win over South Africa which secured World Cup qualification and Reds boss Jurgen Klopp had expressed his hope once passage to Russia had been achieved Mane, who travelled to Polokwane with a member of Liverpool’s physiotherapy department to oversee his recovery, would be released early.

It appears the German’s wish has been granted with the pacy winger now expected back at Melwood.

“Following the match, South Africa against Senegal Friday, November 10, 2017 in Polokwane, the player Sadio Mane slightly felt his old injury,” said a statement from the Senegal Football Federation.

“After consultations between the medical staff of the national team of Senegal and Liverpool it was decided by mutual agreement to make him available to his club to continue treatment until full recovery.”

Mane only returned from the hamstring injury, sustained on international duty last month, which sidelined him for five matches including the Premier League win over West Ham on November 4, immediately before joining up with his national team.

Probably precautionary after what happened before, sent back early to avoid another awkward injury.

Not ideal. Still with Coutinho probably ok sand Lallana probably ok for the bench were not totally fucked if he has to sit out against the Saints. We definitely want him starting against Sevilla

Right i'm calling it now. Saints are St Helens Rugby League Club. Southampton are scummers/cunts/wank. Anyone referring to Southampton as the 'Saints' again is getting called a cunt. 

Right i'm calling it now. Saints are St Helens Rugby League Club. Southampton are scummers/cunts/wank. Anyone referring to Southampton as the 'Saints' again is getting called a cunt. 

I thought they were formerly called called Liverpool FC MK II but those three names seem to be more appropriate now.

Jurgen Klopp has offered his initial thoughts on the fitness of Liverpool forward Sadio Mane.

Mane has returned from international duty with Senegal early, having helped his nation qualify for their first World Cup since 2002 at the weekend

The forward starred for the full 90 minutes in a 2-0 win over South Africa, but will return to Merseyside after suffering a recurrence of his “old” injury.

Liverpool face Mane’s former club Southampton on Saturday, and Klopp admits he faces a race against time to feature.

“First and foremost, I have to say big congratulations to Senegal on the achievement of qualifying for the World Cup; this is fantastic news for their country and the players – Sadio included,” Klopp told Liverpoolfc.tv.

“Aliou Cisse and his guys have done a fantastic job there and you can see them making a real impact in Russia come next summer. Personally speaking, I’m delighted for Sadio. Everyone in Liverpool knows his ability and the best players should be on the best stage – Sadio will now have this wonderful chance.

“Specifically on him returning to Melwood early to be with us; obviously it is a concern that the hamstring injury is again on the agenda and it will be critical for us to monitor and manage that in the coming days.

“At this stage we haven’t seen Sadio yet to properly assess the extent, but what is clear is that we will have to stay on top of this for the rest of the week and make sure we are careful in how we look after him.

“There has been really strong communication between ourselves and the Senegal team management to ensure the player is properly protected and looked after. We respect how important he is for Senegal and therefore it must always be the case that they get to make the decision when he is under their care.

“It should not be forgotten in Liverpool, either, how important it is to Sadio that he represents his country whenever he is fit enough to do so. He is so proud of his country and recognises what a role model he is for them.

“So, in this moment all I can really say with certainty is that we will assess Sadio as soon as he lands back in the country and make decisions on what rehab and treatment gives him the best chance of being back fit and strong for the important fixtures we have coming.”

Seeing lots of comments from people that this is a done deal between club and country but I do not think so. If it was part of the agreement there would be none of this stuff about feeling an old injury, they would just say he was not required like Egypt did with Mo. Very concerned he is injured again.