You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jurgen Klopp

Bjornebye

Just watched the presser - I''m sure he has. No tas white as Bobby's but it does look like it. I see fans of other teams making nasty comments about his "yellow" teeth, the only reason I really noticed!

He's a smoker so no surprise at yellow teeth. I would get mine whitened if I had the cash so I don't blame him at all. Wouldn't go Firmino white though!

He hasn't turned into the messiah like lots thought he would be but as a person he is really likeable. I like his principles (even though that makes him stubborn at times) and I've heard many journalists say he just lights up the room.

Forget the personality thing, qualifying for CL and topping the group after 5 games while playing exciting football is something we haven't done in 9 years. He isn't the messiah but he is improving the team, the squad and I hope he stays for a long time.

• Upvote 1

From Raphael Honigsteins new offering 'Klopp: Bring the Noise'

Klopp's own political beliefs emerge. “I'm on the left, of course,” he says. “More left than middle. I believe in the welfare state. I'm not privately insured. I would never vote for a party because they promised to lower the top tax rate. My political understanding is this: if I am doing well, I want others to do well, too. If there's something I will never do in my life it is vote for the right.”

Go ed Juergen lad

• Upvote 2

Forget the personality thing, qualifying for CL and topping the group after 5 games while playing exciting football is something we haven't done in 9 years. He isn't the messiah but he is improving the team, the squad and I hope he stays for a long time.

I hope he buys the club and tells the Americans to fuck off because they bombed his local frankfurter shop during the war.

We were better in 2013-2014.

From Raphael Honigsteins new offering 'Klopp: Bring the Noise'

Klopp's own political beliefs emerge. “I'm on the left, of course,” he says. “More left than middle. I believe in the welfare state. I'm not privately insured. I would never vote for a party because they promised to lower the top tax rate. My political understanding is this: if I am doing well, I want others to do well, too. If there's something I will never do in my life it is vote for the right.”

Go ed Juergen lad

I'll care more about his politics when we are winning stuff. 

• Upvote 1

We were better in 2013-2014.

I dont get this reasoning. Everything fell into place that season and Brendan couldn't replicate it or achieve any kind of progress in cup competitions. We got a shit load of pens, a shit load of early goals and a shit load of set piece goals as well as having the best player in the world that season. You might as well say Ranieri would be better than Klopp if your standards are this unrealistic.

Mane and Coutinho will be gone in 18 months.

We aren't going to build a title challenging squad with these owners.

I’d say Salah’s gone before Mane. Scores more and is a lot more “clean cut” as in Mane is a dirty bastard who’s fully capable of getting booked every game and sent off once a season, Salah doesn’t strike me as someone who would also he’s got a huge country like Egypt behind him, potentially huge huge sales there now that he’s the “King of Egypt” I agree fully though that with these owners well never get a title challenging squad. Nowhere near.

We had a good team but we were pretty reliant on Suarez and the wheels came off when he left. Under Klopp it feels like any of our top players could leave and he is more capable of replacing them and it wouldn’t impact the team as much. No manager is perfect and each person is going to have their issues with some things he does.

I personally really like how level headed he is. Despite being the happy go lucky guy and the friend of the players he oozes authority. With the way his football is it causes anyone supporting us to go absolutely mental a lot of the times and would make most managers crumble. He keeps to his principles and there’s never even a sniff that the players don’t buy into his ideas.

I hate the cheap shots that people have about winning things. It really isn’t that easy with the high standard and very high budgets the club is competing with. If we have any hope of winning the league or the European Cup again it’s with this guy in charge.

• Upvote 4

Mane and Coutinho will be gone in 18 months.

We aren't going to build a title challenging squad with these owners.

This is exactly the problem.

People talk about how we are only two or three players short and how we are steadily building a side that will compete and that Klopp is doing it the right way.

But they are missing the point that we will inevitably sell our best players/holes will appear that we don't fill and by the time we fill the holes we are short in now we will suffer from the new ones that will mean we remain two or three players short - and rinse and repeat as we convince ourselves we are 'nearly there'

We are in almost constant transition and have been for far too long.

That is why we have won virtually fuck all for over ten years now and of course are approaching 30 years without a league title.

I think we have a very good squad. Our rivals United Chelsea and Arsenal have all got the rub of the green this weekend. I think even Spurs may have got a bit of luck for their equaliser yesterday.  United and Arsenal would have drawn without it and Chelsea would have lost. Sometimes it goes for you sometimes it does not.

I think we have a very good squad. Our rivals United Chelsea and Arsenal have all got the rub of the green this weekend. I think even Spurs may have got a bit of luck for their equaliser yesterday.  United and Arsenal would have drawn without it and Chelsea would have lost. Sometimes it goes for you sometimes it does not.

I don't.  And when even our supposed best players are maddeningly inconsistent (though perhaps Salah and to an extent Mane have bucked that trend), none of the midfield trio of Henderson Wijnaldum and Can would get regular games for our rivals, and our defenders and goalies would struggle to get a regular starting slot in many other prem teams, I feel that we have a weak squad, and a weak first team everywhere apart from our forwards.