You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jurgen Klopp

Bjornebye

His granddad bombed Stan Boardman's nan's chippy in.

That may be a metaphor, I'm not sure, but until he apologises to the entire population of Liverpool and specifically Stan Boardman, he'll never truly be accepted. 

One other issue I have, when we had Houllier there was a marked increase in town, of French themed restaurants, we got benitez and it all went Tapas and San Miguel, so where are the rustic German and ham knuckle bars and the like, I ask myself. Not that I'd go, but where are they?  

He’s the best manager we’ve had since Rafa, will become our best manager since the old days. He’s the best fit for our club and our people and the best manager we could realistically attract.

I’d honestly only put Pep and begrudgingly Mourinho simply on trophies won above him in world football right now, Poch who hasn’t won anything and Simeone who has only displayed an overly negative tactic are the only others I think come close. Conte for me despite dominating Serie A and winning the Premier League isn’t as good, he won the league with Juve whilst completely outspending everyone else and taking all the leagues best players and took over a squad of already proven league winners at Chelsea and won the league. Also Juve have gone up another level since Allegri’s been their.

1. Pep

2. Mourinho (who’s rapidly declining)

3. Klopp

4. Simeone

5. Pochettino/Conte

Is my top 5 in the world right now, it may seem biased because Conte and Simeone have won more than Klopp has but Simeone benefits from having an extremely good transfer team at Atletico and Conte has been at two of their leagues biggest clubs, Klopp developed a brilliant team from scratch at Dortmund and he’s competing here with one arm tied behind his back and still delivers what he’s realistically expected too.

He’s the best manager we’ve had since Rafa, will become our best manager since the old days. He’s the best fit for our club and our people and the best manager we could realistically attract. I’d honestly only put Pep and begrudgelu Mourinho

And you were doing so well up to this point

Mourinho ahead of Klopp? Get to fuck.

I’m solely going on past glories mate, trust me I hate Mourinho more than most and can’t stand the way his teams play the game but his track record up to this point is almost impeccable. Winning the CL with Porto and that Inter team is truly remarkable, like I said though his star and his appeal are declining rapidly, if he doesn’t do anything significant at Utd then he’s falling down the list of current top managers quicker than Kevin Spacey is on a list of potential actors in a new movie.

The naysayers have mysteriously disappeared from the forums after 3 good results. It's almost as if they're spoilt, fickle brats with zero tactical or management knowledge.

We're on international break, slagging off our respective national managers.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp was turned off joining Manchester United by the pitch made by their chief exec Ed Woodward.

That's the claim made in the new book, 'Klopp: Bring the Noise', being serialised in the Daily Mail.

The offer came in 2014 when Klopp was still with Borussia Dortmund.

"David Moyes's short tenure at Old Trafford was coming to an end, and Klopp was United's favourite to replace him, to bring back a sense of adventure to the Red Devils' game. Woodward told Klopp that the Theatre of Dreams was 'like an adult version of Disneyland', a mythical place where, as the nickname suggested, the entertainment was world class and dreams came true.

"Klopp wasn't entirely convinced by that sales pitch — he found it a bit 'unsexy', he told a friend — but he didn't dismiss the proposition out of hand either."

However, after some deliberation Klopp released a statement confirming he would be staying with Dortmund.