You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Early Cheltenham 2018 thread

Winston Wolf

After last weekends Champions Day at Ascot. the Rich man's poncy flat shite is as good as over now. so we get back to proper racing over Jumps and Hurdles.

The Charlie Hall at Wetherby is the first indicator of the new season and then before you know it's the open meeting at Cheltenham and then the Hennessy at Newbury.

So, instead of posting in last seasons thread. if you have any info, fancies or tips for this seasons Jump racing post them here.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ruby Walsh breaks his leg after a fall in a Hurdles race at Punchestown, likely to be out for up to 4 months, touch and go for the Festival.

Faugheen won the Morgiana Hurdle yesterday at a canter under Paul Townend. First time out since winning the irish Champion 21 months ago.

Obviously needs another stiff test in January in the same race, but given the dearth of real threats in this division, looks like he could come back and only have last years Champion Hurdler to beat.

Slate House won the Supreme Novices Trial yesterday at Cheltenham, one of Colin Tizzard's, and looked good doing it. The Supreme Novices at the Festival is always a hot race, but he could be one to watch.

Ruby Walsh breaks his leg after a fall in a Hurdles race at Punchestown, likely to be out for up to 4 months, touch and go for the Festival.

Faugheen won the Morgiana Hurdle yesterday at a canter under Paul Townend. First time out since winning the irish Champion 21 months ago.

Obviously needs another stiff test in January in the same race, but given the dearth of real threats in this division, looks like he could come back and only have last years Champion Hurdler to beat.

Slate House won the Supreme Novices Trial yesterday at Cheltenham, one of Colin Tizzard's, and looked good doing it. The Supreme Novices at the Festival is always a hot race, but he could be one to watch.

Aye I backed Slate House at 2/1 was like printing money

• 3 months later...

Main betsI've done so far, few more over the next week or so.

VVM each way in the mares at 7/1 nrnb.

Any Second Now, have him backed for the JLT 40/1 NRNB.

Presenting Percy in the RSA. Think he has the makings of a future Gold Cup winner. Also Black Corton e/w in the same race 12/1.

Menghli Khan e/w in the Supreme if he runs nrnb.

Also did a speculative e/w L31 for the following nags:

Special Tiara 14/1 E/W 1/5 Odds

Guitar Pete 16/1 E/W 1/4 Odds

Singlefarmpayment 12/1 E/W 1/4 Odds

On The Fringe 14/1 E/W 1/5 Odds

Dinaria Des Obeaux 16/1 E/W 1/5 Odds

Some good offers knocking about already.

Sky bet doing £20 refunds on losing bets first race of each day.

Betway £10 refunds on losing bets each day on first and last race.

Coral and Ladbrokes doing double winnings on first race of the festival.

Some good offers knocking about already.

Sky bet doing £20 refunds on losing bets first race of each day.

Betway £10 refunds on losing bets each day on first and last race.

Coral and Ladbrokes doing double winnings on first race of the festival.

Banned on promos for all of them. Cunts.

• Upvote 1

No Fox Norton in Champion Chase/Ryan Air confirmed last week.

I'm not a betting man anymore, I used to be, but don't have the money, so it's just the sport for me.

Footpad in the Arkle looks a good thing.

Buveur D'Air in the Champion Hurdle looks just about the best bet of the meeting. Faugheen is two years off his best and even then he is up against it. My Tent or Yours is the e/w accy choice, he will be second for me.

I'm hoping Native River finds his best and a bit more in the Gold Cup, which is wide open this year.

Altior looked pretty special on his return and beats Douvan on all known form. Douvan was terrible last year, which allowed Special Tiara to win a very bad Champion Chase.

For me Sam Spinner wins the Stayers Hurdle on Thursday.

Max Dynamite for the Coral Cup, if he runs.

Modus for the JLT

Min for the Ryan Air

Theinval for the Grand Annual