Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

The IPTV Thread

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Oh, it's perfect. But I'm always up for trying something that also works every time at half the price. I was the one who introduced these gold fellas, but I'm a disloyal son of a bitch when it comes to things like IPTV. 


Just one look at the picture brings me flashbacks of the clowns on TechKings that would disappear into the distance after six weeks. Or put out big apologies with “we’re working hard to get it back on” messages after everything has crashed at 2:45 on a Saturday afternoon. 
 

Screenshot_20210522-105926.png
 

 

Anyone publicly advertising them like this should be a major red flag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:


Just one look at the picture brings me flashbacks of the clowns on TechKings that would disappear into the distance after six weeks. Or put out big apologies with ‘we’re working hard to get it back on” messages after everything has crashed at 2:45 on a Saturday afternoon. 
 

Screenshot_20210522-105926.png
 

 

Anyone publicly advertising them like this should be a major red flag. 

Hahahah. That picture is the height of elegant design, you fucking troglodyte. But you make a solid point. That said, if the lads who use it say it’s good then for 25 notes per year it might be worth giving it a go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Any more updates on this fella? My sub with the other place has just run out. It's 45 quid for six months there, and to be honest I almost never use it. I only watch the footy and the F1. =

All the BT and Sky stuff works a treat but MLB and NFL us always down despite me regularly chipping at him in the group to get it fixed.

 

Same with Plex uploads, I asked him a few times to upload Mr Inbetween season 2 and season 3 episodes to date but he's done fuck all about it.

 

Still it's very cheap and there's a ton of stuff on Plex, great as a back up but not as good as OG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2021 at 11:37, Carvalho Diablo said:

All the BT and Sky stuff works a treat but MLB and NFL us always down despite me regularly chipping at him in the group to get it fixed.

 

Same with Plex uploads, I asked him a few times to upload Mr Inbetween season 2 and season 3 episodes to date but he's done fuck all about it.

 

Still it's very cheap and there's a ton of stuff on Plex, great as a back up but not as good as OG.

Do the OG crew have their own app ? If so is it any good , I was switched by ferdi to te## TV , which is good on the whole but a bit pricey.  I don't want  to go back to the generic apps now that I'm used to a decent screen layout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elvis said:

Do the OG crew have their own app ? If so is it any good , I was switched by ferdi to te## TV , which is good on the whole but a bit pricey.  I don't want  to go back to the generic apps now that I'm used to a decent screen layout.

The OG app is much of a muchness tbh mate, decent but very generic.

 

I also run my OG sub through the Duplex IPTV Player directly on my LG telly.

 

OG is a winner on 2 counts for me though; no need for a VPN and their customers service and support is excellent. Definitely my go to sub.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been impressed by OG, flawless. Grabbed a Plex sub too because the fire stick died and decided to give a try. Had some servers up and down for a week or 2 but that was due to them upgrading and they kept ppl informed as and when the servers would be off. Decent selection and regularly ask for requests.

 

Either way I am more than happy with them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2021 at 09:36, elvis said:

Do the OG crew have their own app ? If so is it any good , I was switched by ferdi to te## TV , which is good on the whole but a bit pricey.  I don't want  to go back to the generic apps now that I'm used to a decent screen layout.


They’ve got 3 different apps of their own. I’ve installed and signed into all three. Their one called Vmedia is the one I use the most. The layout is sound. The EPG needs refreshing a fair bit but it only takes about 20 seconds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:


They’ve got 3 different apps of their own. I’ve installed and signed into all three. Their one called Vmedia is the one I use the most. The layout is sound. The EPG needs refreshing a fair bit but it only takes about 20 seconds. 

Thanks , I'll get a trial when mine runs out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/06/2021 at 18:26, Captain Turdseye said:


They’ve got 3 different apps of their own. I’ve installed and signed into all three. Their one called Vmedia is the one I use the most. The layout is sound. The EPG needs refreshing a fair bit but it only takes about 20 seconds. 

Took out a 6 month with them , seems good so far and a friendly chap to boot. 

Thanks for the recommendation every one. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, elvis said:

Took out a 6 month with them , seems good so far and a friendly chap to boot. 

Thanks for the recommendation every one. 


I only speak to him when it’s time to renew. Absolutely no other issues whatsoever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:


I only speak to him when it’s time to renew. Absolutely no other issues whatsoever. 

Yep. Looks like I finally did something right by getting people on to them. Last lot were those bad Facebook blerts. This lot seem exceptional. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yep. Looks like I finally did something right by getting people on to them. Last lot were those bad Facebook blerts. This lot seem exceptional. 


Well if we’re taking credit, I trialled them way back when (when I introduced the TechKings method of finding the providers to the forum) but their app was shite at the time and we were all hung up on using stuff like SIPTV and STBemu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redheart said:

I need a new IPTV sub because Planet Cast has become an absolute scam

You are still with them? Jesus Christ, they jumped the shark ages ago.  That Mark is a proper helmet. 
 

Sure there’s a few here who would like to know what’s been going on since we all jumped ship.
 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

What are the latest bullshit scams that those wankers at Planet Cast are pulling now @redheart ?


If I was to guess I’d say they’re now doing weekly subs but with a fee for reactivating it every Sunday and by the time they get round to “getting everyone back online” it’s just ticking over from Thursday night into Friday morning. 
 

“The whole Cast Team are working 28 hours a day to have some of you back on by Wednesday in a few weeks but it’ll be on a first come first served basis, starting with whoever pays first on Sunday. #TeamCast”

 

“Huge shout out to cast admin ‘blag superhero fake profile’ who is working around the clock despite being terminally ill. Justgiving link is in the page announcements. Can we ask that nobody wastes precious time in his final weeks on earth by giving small amounts. Minimum donation £20. #TeamCast”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×