Captain Turdseye

The IPTV Thread

5 hours ago, Reacher said:

Can someone please PM me the details to the OG IPTV? Thanks in advance

Do you want the URL to their apps or are you wanting to get in touch regarding a new subscription?

Here's a new one to me, Maxis Media, prices seem too good to be true and the Tidal hifi appeals too.

I've just joined their Telegram group just to keep an eye on it really but it looks well established and well supported. No VPN required.

I might take a sub out when I next get paid because I'm looking to replace my back up provider (SkyVMNinja) because that's a bit pricey and he has issues with the EPL and often needs VPNs.

Anybody else have any info or experience of this service?

Screenshot_20210522-105926.png

Just subscribed to a TV subscription, some of the channels don't work though. Step son has the same one but says we need a vpn does this sound right?said his improved after getting a vpn

Also what's a decent one if we do get one ?

14 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Just subscribed to a TV subscription, some of the channels don't work though. Step son has the same one but says we need a vpn does this sound right?said his improved after getting a vpn

Also what's a decent one if we do get one ?

PM’d. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Here's a new one to me, Maxis Media, prices seem too good to be true and the Tidal hifi appeals too.

I've just joined their Telegram group just to keep an eye on it really but it looks well established and well supported. No VPN required.

I might take a sub out when I next get paid because I'm looking to replace my back up provider (SkyVMNinja) because that's a bit pricey and he has issues with the EPL and often needs VPNs.

Anybody else have any info or experience of this service?

Screenshot_20210522-105926.png

£25 a year or £40 for life? Either that's the deal of the century or it's a scam. 

On 22/05/2021 at 11:04, Carvalho Diablo said:

If you have a VPN, set to Argentina and sign up for Tidal. Under £2 per month for HiFi and family membership. You only need to sign up from Argentina and never use vpn again, even to change account settings. So even a months trial membership from likes of Nord would be enough to sort this.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

Their own apk.

Interesting. Keep us posted mate. Maybe a picture or two...

At £40 the lifetime sub is probably worth getting for a laugh when it inevitably goes to shit. 

38 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm tempted...

Take the 4 hour trial mate, see what you think.

I wanted to see how the match was today and whether it got blocked but nope, good as gold.

It has a couple of thousand films and box sets included as standard VOD but I might go for a year's Plex sub too.

Both that and a year's IPTV cost only £38.

Install Telegram and search for Maxis Media, hit them up for a trial.

4 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Take the 4 hour trial mate, see what you think.

I wanted to see how the match was today and whether it got blocked but nope, good as gold.

It has a couple of thousand films and box sets included as standard VOD but I might go for a year's Plex sub too.

Both that and a year's IPTV cost only £38.

Install Telegram and search for Maxis Media, hit them up for a trial.

Nice, will do. 

7 hours ago, i5x said:

If you have a VPN, set to Argentina and sign up for Tidal. Under £2 per month for HiFi and family membership. You only need to sign up from Argentina and never use vpn again, even to change account settings. So even a months trial membership from likes of Nord would be enough to sort this.

I took your advice and created a new email addy and used a free VPN (Tunnel Bear), set it to Argentina and signed up for Tidal hifi.

The price I was quoted was a bit more expensive though, almost 24000 Colombian pesos pm, which equates to about £4.15. I can live with that, especially when Tidal hifi costs almost £30 pm to us here in the UK.

The Master quality and hifi lossless FLAC tunes I'm listening to sound fantastic although I've never been a fan of the Tidal interface and there are only half a dozen Neil Young albums on there!

Anyway, thanks mate, appreciate your advice.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Interesting. Keep us posted mate. Maybe a picture or two...

At £40 the lifetime sub is probably worth getting for a laugh when it inevitably goes to shit. 

Can't take any pics atm mate cos my trial had expired, but I'll defo subscribe after I get paid in a week's time.

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What app does it run through, Shep?

They also have another Android app, Sky Smarters, but I haven't checked that out yet mate.

Doesn't appear they support any players from LG or Samsung smart TV stores.

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

They also have another Android app, Sky Smarters, but I haven't checked that out yet mate.

Doesn't appear they support any players from LG or Samsung smart TV stores.

Always been happy with my little Android boxes, mate. You know that. 

My living room is upside down at the moment. New floor in, walls waiting to be painted, furniture moved around and I can’t be bothered tacking my extension leads to the skirting boards to get the TV connected to the outside aerial until the painting is done. Relying on OG for any live TV so the box is a lifesaver. Netflix/Iplayer/4OD all on the TV. S’all good man. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I took your advice and created a new email addy and used a free VPN (Tunnel Bear), set it to Argentina and signed up for Tidal hifi.

The price I was quoted was a bit more expensive though, almost 24000 Colombian pesos pm, which equates to about £4.15. I can live with that, especially when Tidal hifi costs almost £30 pm to us here in the UK.

The Master quality and hifi lossless FLAC tunes I'm listening to sound fantastic although I've never been a fan of the Tidal interface and there are only half a dozen Neil Young albums on there!

Anyway, thanks mate, appreciate your advice.

Nice one, I pay $209 argentine pesos per month I think, either way their slack sign up process and under £5 per month is crazy.

Signed up again, last month, this time with Arg account, and it has been flawless. I had previously had used my Swedish account for years without issue though. Only difference I have seen from Swe account was some S. American recommends on home screen, although admittedly not checked the library thoroughly. 

• Upvote 1

On 23/05/2021 at 22:18, Carvalho Diablo said:

Can't take any pics atm mate cos my trial had expired, but I'll defo subscribe after I get paid in a week's time.

Any more updates on this fella? My sub with the other place has just run out. It's 45 quid for six months there, and to be honest I almost never use it. I only watch the footy and the F1. =

48 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Any more updates on this fella? My sub with the other place has just run out. It's 45 quid for six months there, and to be honest I almost never use it. I only watch the footy and the F1. =

And has it worked every time you’ve wanted to watch it?

£45 for six months is the fair market rate. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

And has it worked every time you’ve wanted to watch it?

£45 for six months is the fair market rate. 

Oh, it's perfect. But I'm always up for trying something that also works every time at half the price. I was the one who introduced these gold fellas, but I'm a disloyal son of a bitch when it comes to things like IPTV.