Captain Turdseye

The IPTV Thread

On 02/04/2021 at 09:56, redheart said:

I need a new IPTV sub. 

Can any recommend a good one?

I use an Android box.

I have NORDVPN

Most using OG and T*** T* I think. OG is better for streams as you don’t need a VPN IMO.

4 hours ago, paddyberger said:

Most using OG and T*** T* I think. OG is better for streams as you don’t need a VPN IMO.

Thanks Im not sure what they are or how I subscribe etc

On 09/04/2021 at 00:20, Captain Turdseye said:

OG’s choice of new layouts is sound. I particularly like the Vmedia one. Renewed with him last week for another 6 months. 

I use the V media add on for kodi now and it works great.

30 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I use the V media add on for kodi now and it works great.

Just use the standalone app, John. Saves booting up Kodi every time. If you download OG’s ‘all in one’ installer thing, you just click V media from inside there and it installs it for you. It’s worth installing all 3 of his apps, in case one of them starts acting the twat. 

Just go a new synology NAS with 4 x 14TB running in RAID6.

It can run docker, so I have set up and configured:

transmission (running with VPN)

plex

sonarr

radarr

jackett

And its fucking excellent! You can just set it and it'll go keep your library up to date with new episodes/movies etc, and add them to your plex library.

• Upvote 1

On 18/04/2021 at 17:54, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Just go a new synology NAS with 4 x 14TB running in RAID6.

It can run docker, so I have set up and configured:

transmission (running with VPN)

plex

sonarr

radarr

jackett

And its fucking excellent! You can just set it and it'll go keep your library up to date with new episodes/movies etc, and add them to your plex library.

Fucking hell, Mate; that must have cost a pretty penny. Nice set up though. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Numero said:

I'm a fucking wanker to be honest, paid off my CC and then was so used to having a chunky CC outstanding balance I couldn't stand to see it empty.

I got the 14tb drives on sale for £180 each which was ridiculously cheap.

I got the synology 918+ and 4tb, 4tb, 6tb, 6tb drives barely used for £400! A steal.

Gonna sell the 4tb and 6tb drives and recoup some more money.

RAID6 is breaking my heart though, stealing 28tb but with drives that size, and the time and work a rebuild would take after a failure etc is too risky. Especially when most of the drives were bought together and running in identical conditions, as that increases the likelihood of failures happening close to each other. THis can technically stand 2 drive failures now.

Also, synologys NAS's are fucking class. Their OS has all the bells and whistles. Personal cloud storage, photo apps, automated backups, docker, pretty much limitless.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Numero said:

Good to see you back NV. You're like the forum's very own Littlest Hobo.

• Upvote 2

On 17/04/2021 at 11:27, Captain Turdseye said:

Just use the standalone app, John. Saves booting up Kodi every time. If you download OG’s ‘all in one’ installer thing, you just click V media from inside there and it installs it for you. It’s worth installing all 3 of his apps, in case one of them starts acting the twat. 

Is it an android app? Have you got a link mate?

46 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Is it an android app? Have you got a link mate?

Yeah, it is. It’s in the Band chat mate. They’ve called it something like AIO, meaning all in one. You install that, open it up and then it you’ll see their 3 apps and the Plex set-up they’ve got going on. Just click on Vmedia and voila. 

10 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah, it is. It’s in the Band chat mate. They’ve called it something like AIO, meaning all in one. You install that, open it up and then it you’ll see their 3 apps and the Plex set-up they’ve got going on. Just click on Vmedia and voila. 

Will do. Ta.

On 20/04/2021 at 09:37, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

I'm a fucking wanker to be honest, paid off my CC and then was so used to having a chunky CC outstanding balance I couldn't stand to see it empty.

I got the 14tb drives on sale for £180 each which was ridiculously cheap.

I got the synology 918+ and 4tb, 4tb, 6tb, 6tb drives barely used for £400! A steal.

Gonna sell the 4tb and 6tb drives and recoup some more money.

RAID6 is breaking my heart though, stealing 28tb but with drives that size, and the time and work a rebuild would take after a failure etc is too risky. Especially when most of the drives were bought together and running in identical conditions, as that increases the likelihood of failures happening close to each other. THis can technically stand 2 drive failures now.

Also, synologys NAS's are fucking class. Their OS has all the bells and whistles. Personal cloud storage, photo apps, automated backups, docker, pretty much limitless.

The 25 Most Confused GIFs on the Internet … No, Hold On, Maybe Not … Wait,  What's the Question? - Funny Or Die

On 21/04/2021 at 08:57, VladimirIlyich said:

Will do. Ta.

Downloaded the Vmedia and AIO app but that page with the log ins is a fuckin nuisance and wont take any of my username or password. Really shit design to it too.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Downloaded the Vmedia and AIO app but that page with the log ins is a fuckin nuisance and wont take any of my username or password. Really shit design to it too.

The AIO app is just for installing the others. You don’t need to open it again when you’ve done it once. Once you’ve downloaded/installed the Vmedia one it should appear as a standalone app on your device. The design is loads better than the original OG app. 

I installed the OG AIO and the 3 player apps last week too. I've just ran a Malwarebytes scan though and it's reporting that there's a virus called trojan.spy.ahmyth.a attached to each of them.

Have any of you guys virus checked these new OG apps and if so, what did your antivirus protection report?

I've just informed the lad over at OG, awaiting his reply.

• Upvote 1

Just ran another scan on my phone and it showed exactly the same.

Good news is that I've got a link to a virus free version of their OGQ app still on my One Drive. If anybody wants or needs that then just pm me.

7 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I installed the OG AIO and the 3 player apps last week too. I've just ran a Malwarebytes scan though and it's reporting that there's a virus called trojan.spy.ahmyth.a attached to each of them.

Have any of you guys virus checked these new OG apps and if so, what did your antivirus protection report?

I've just informed the lad over at OG, awaiting his reply.

I’ve got a £40 android box running on an almost defunct gmail address that has 2FA anyway. I’ve never even thought to check. 

10 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The AIO app is just for installing the others. You don’t need to open it again when you’ve done it once. Once you’ve downloaded/installed the Vmedia one it should appear as a standalone app on your device. The design is loads better than the original OG app. 

I didnt already have VMedia on firestick but its loaded and installed. Its just those stupid boxes before you type your username and password. It always causes problems with their apps.