Quantcast
The IPTV Thread - Page 30 - TNF - Techy Nerd Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

 

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

 

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

 

Thanks

Dave

Captain Turdseye

The IPTV Thread

Recommended Posts

Just got up to watch the Browns game but Terrarium telling me my STB is blocked and to get in touch with my provider. Done that, waiting for a response. Anyone else having this same shit atm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just got up to watch the Browns game but Terrarium telling me my STB is blocked and to get in touch with my provider. Done that, waiting for a response. Anyone else having this same shit atm?

 

Yeah, that first happened to Paddyberger and then me a short while later. Both sorted with a quick tweak at his end but you’re unfortunate if it’s happened in the middle of the night. 

 

Did he reply? And are you messaging him on Skype?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just got up to watch the Browns game but Terrarium telling me my STB is blocked and to get in touch with my provider. Done that, waiting for a response. Anyone else having this same shit atm?

Just wanted to say mine is still working.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its great being able to watch through vlc instead of a webpage,but is it possible to use other video players instead?

Give Perfect player a whirl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

Anyone want to give me a quick rundown on how to get set up with IPTV - what I need to buy etc? 

 

Pm good as well!

 

Same boxes as mentioned in the other thread, mate. You’ll be able to watch TV Shows/Movies on it using free apps like Kodi and others. For live channels you just need to install an app and find yourself a provider. We can help you with that but not until you’ve got the box. 

 

Have you got an Android phone or tablet you could test it on to see what it is you’d be buying?

 

And have a proper read through this thread before you part with any cash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What make/model is your TV @Alan Sex?

 

If you’ve got a smart Samsung or LG it’s possible you might not even need a box. Some IPTV apps can be installed straight on to the telly. 

I do my IPTV through kodi, but have a Sony android TV, so again I run right off my TV. Again yesterday perfect for the match and the fight - I'm really getting my monies worth this year as I'm not able to get the game and have loaned out my ST for a few months. Been with this guy a few years now, virtually never any issues and he can run on mag, LG and Samsung too. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What make/model is your TV @Alan Sex?

 

If you’ve got a smart Samsung or LG it’s possible you might not even need a box. Some IPTV apps can be installed straight on to the telly. 

Interesting. 

 

I have a samsung smart tv, but it’s about 7 years old so maybe not up to the task?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

Interesting. 

 

I have a samsung smart tv, but it’s about 7 years old so maybe not up to the task?

 

Try it, mate. Go on the ‘Store’ on the TV and search for any of SmartIPTV, Perfect Player or SmartSTB. 

 

All of of those are capable of hosting an IPTV sub, and are what’s most commonly used by the lads on here. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

 

Try it, mate. Go on the ‘Store’ on the TV and search for any of SmartIPTV, Perfect Player or SmartSTB. 

 

All of of those are capable of hosting an IPTV sub, and are what’s most commonly used by the lads on here. 

Nice. I got the SmartIPTV installed. 

 

Got on on the mysiptv website, entered the MAC address and now have to enter a playlist URL. 

 

Any free ones out there I can try?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

Nice. I got the SmartIPTV installed. 

 

Got on on the mysiptv website, entered the MAC address and now have to enter a playlist URL. 

 

Any free ones out there I can try?

 

Firstly, SmartIPTV will be a free for a week and then you’ll have to buy the app. It doesn’t cost much, it’s a fiver here. 

 

Check out the others as well, or at least have a look at one or two YouTube videos so you can see the difference in layout/functions. Some people prefer SmartIPTV but personally I’ve never liked the look of it compared to the other two. 

 

Next, getting a sub. What you need to do is sign up to the TechKings forum. Create an account and post in the most recent IPTV requests thread that you’re looking for a provider and what you want from it. The threads are quarterly so it’ll be named something like ‘IPTV Jul/Aug/Sep’. 

 

As as soon as you’ve posted, your inbox on there will start pinging with offers of 24-48 hour free trials. You’re free to try as many of these out as you like. It’s dead easy to do. I know on STB and PerfectPlayer it’s just a matter of sending the provider your TV’s MAC address and then them sending you a portal address to type in at your end. I think it’s a little different on the SIPTV app and you have to visit a web page or something to finalise it.

 

EDIT: just read your post back. I see you’re already onto that.

 

Lastly, it’s just a matter of finding a provider you’re confident enough to give your money to. There’s two of them that the majority of contributors to this thread have subscriptions with (I’ll PM you the TechKings username of one of them now) but they’re very much focused on English TV. There’s fuckloads of worldwide channels on this one, including 370 Canadian ones but I can’t vouch for how reliable they are because I’ve only ever watched the occasional footy match on TSN. I’m not really into Bryan Adams, maple syrup and snow. 

 

If you say on TechKings that you’re primarily looking for Canadian/US channels you might attract some people from that part of the world. 

 

If and when you decide to buy a subscription after a free trial, just take out a one month sub first. That way you can get a good look at it and make sure it works consistently over a period of time. 

 

Any more questions just fire away.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 7:20 AM, Captain Turdseye said:

 

Yeah, that first happened to Paddyberger and then me a short while later. Both sorted with a quick tweak at his end but you’re unfortunate if it’s happened in the middle of the night. 

 

Did he reply? And are you messaging him on Skype?

That seems to happen every now and then. He responds in skype pretty quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Titanium has had a bit of a makeover. Much more pleasing on the eye. 

The order of stuff? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking to change provider. The current one has been OK for the most part but when it does have its down moments (like today), the customer service is shite. OK, I get that whoever is providing the service is under the cosh but it's just feels like extracting teeth dealing with him/her/them.

 

My subscription is up sometime in November and I could be looking for a more reliable service. Any suggestions ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 3:24 PM, Dougie Do'ins said:

I'm looking to change provider. The current one has been OK for the most part but when it does have its down moments (like today), the customer service is shite. OK, I get that whoever is providing the service is under the cosh but it's just feels like extracting teeth dealing with him/her/them.

 

My subscription is up sometime in November and I could be looking for a more reliable service. Any suggestions ?

 

Which one are you using at the moment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

 

Which one are you using at the moment?

All New Football via an app called Perfect Player. 

 

Should add that it's not for me but my dad so it has to be user friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

All New Football via an app called Perfect Player. 

 

Should add that it's not for me but my dad so it has to be user friendly.

 

What’s he streaming it through, mate? Was that Android box you bought for your old man as well?

 

Pretty sure my provider can do it with Perfect Player anyway but I think STBemu is better/more user friendly. Check out the video Furmedge posted right at the start of this thread. The layout/interface is exactly the same on STBemu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

 

What’s he streaming it through, mate? Was that Android box you bought for your old man as well?

 

Pretty sure my provider can do it with Perfect Player anyway but I think STBemu is better/more user friendly. Check out the video Furmedge posted right at the start of this thread. The layout/interface is exactly the same on STBemu. 

Don't know what you mean by streaming it through. Sometimes a now tv screen will pop up briefly . Is that it ?

 

Yes mate the android box was for my arl fella. I've got one to but don't use it for football/sports. I can make do with mobdro on my tablet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×