Quantcast
The IPTV Thread - TNF - Techy Nerd Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Captain Turdseye

The IPTV Thread

It was mentioned in the XBMC thread that perhaps we should have one of these, seeing as Kodi rarely gets discussed in there anymore.

I’m aware that this forum is full of fine, upstanding members of the community and that the idea of streaming TV via these illegitimate means is morally wrong and abhorrent to us all.

Other, less respectable people won’t care about any of that so the only thing we can do to help is try out these services so we’re better equipped to point out their flaws. Please share all of your negative experiences in here.

• Upvote 1

I've heard of a product called the blade box. I'm sure whoever is using it feels the extortionate annual fee for everything of £100 is barbaric. All sky channels, ppv, live Saturday 3pm matches, foreign dirty channels, catch up services, channels from all over the world and video libraries of movies and t.v. shows is against my own moral being.

In fact I've seen a very similar one to this video but the box I've seen has a shitload more channels. I do not approve.

https://youtu.be/CMZUxZqKpvY

I've heard of a product called the blade box. I'm sure whoever is using it feels the extortionate annual fee for everything of £100 is barbaric. All sky channels, ppv, live Saturday 3pm matches, foreign dirty channels, catch up services, channels from all over the world and video libraries of movies and t.v. shows is against my own moral being.

In fact I've seen a very similar one to this video but the box I've seen has a shitload more channels. I do not approve.

https://youtu.be/CMZUxZqKpvY

That looks like something I will have to investigate to ensure I do not fall into the trap of buying one.

I couldn't live with the guilt.

Its a thousand times better than fucking about with kodi for football. Every match, buffer free plus all the other channels for women and kids.

I'd love IPTV for the footie but prefer the on-demand stuff for movies and TV a la Kodi. However at £100 a year it's pretty much the same cost as sportsmania anyways. Worth a look!

I'd love IPTV for the footie but prefer the on-demand stuff for movies and TV a la Kodi. However at £100 a year it's pretty much the same cost as sportsmania anyways. Worth a look!

It can be got much cheaper than that. Mine was £40 and works like a charm

Details, man! How the fuck are we meant to avoid it if we don’t know what it’s called?

Stream king on fb. I cant link on my phone and im too fucking tired to open up the laptop.

Had it a month or more now and its perfect. He does ask you use smart iptv though, which requires a £5 activation fee. Once thats done, send him the code and you're watching buffer free football in minutes.

• Upvote 1

Stream king on fb. I cant link on my phone and im too fucking tired to open up the laptop.

Had it a month or more now and its perfect. He does ask you use smart iptv though, which requires a £5 activation fee. Once thats done, send him the code and you're watching buffer free football in minutes.

Nice one. Is it just sports or does it have all the Sky channels as well?

Nice one. Is it just sports or does it have all the Sky channels as well?

Yea all the sky, american channels and all the foreign footie ones. So you'll get every Liverpool game unfortunately.

112 interesting adult channels too.

I found out that RedBoxTV compares favourably to Mobdro and UKTVNOW as a free source for IPTV. Some of the sports channels are even full HD.

Seems like yet another option for the sort of scumbags that have other devices dotted around the house.

• Upvote 1

Anyone with smoothstreams find that the audio is 5 seconds ahead on every stream? I know I can change the audio offset but then that would affect all apps. I would look on their forums if they would ever give me a key to access. The bastards.

Anyone with smoothstreams find that the audio is 5 seconds ahead on every stream? I know I can change the audio offset but then that would affect all apps. I would look on their forums if they would ever give me a key to access. The bastards.

No mate, mine's fine.

I do have a few different players installed though, VLC, MX, another Android 4k one that I can't remember the name of, so if any of the streams are playing up I will just switch to a different player.

While stream is playing, click ok, change player in top right corner.

Can't do none of that, I'm on libreelec. Must be something with the way the app has installed as the streams are fine on my phone. I shall tinker.

No mate, mine's fine.

I do have a few different players installed though, VLC, MX, another Android 4k one that I can't remember the name of, so if any of the streams are playing up I will just switch to a different player.

While stream is playing, click ok, change player in top right corner.

I had a similar problem to Fungus with the sound always out of Sync on TerrariumTV. I eventually worked out that VLC was causing it. MX Player is vastly superior IMO.

I've got a Zgemma with the Sky skin (www.ipab.tv), so the TV guide and menu look exactly like Sky but actually has a lot more customisation. You can have SkyQ and Virgin media skins as well, which are built in to the software. Really happy with it. There are occasions when things go wrong but the provider I got it from is very quick to sort out faults and update settings. It was £85 for the year.

I also got a mag box for upstairs and it looks exactly like the vid in Furmedge's post above. The box is actually better and more reliable I'd say - but my wife is having enough problems using the one that looks and behaves exactly like the old Sky box so trying her out on that is a no-no! The downside to the Mag box is that there is only a 'now and next' epg and it takes a lot more searching to find what you want to watch (if you're channel hopping). On the Zgemma, I've set up a 'Favourites' Bouquet that has all of the usual channels we use, and it gives the full TV guide. I tried to link to the group in the past but it's a closed group so I don't think it worked.

By the way the VOD stuff is brilliant and I've never had a single problem with 3pm unmentionables. Also, there's an IPTV player section on Zgemma with Icefilms and other Kodi add-ons.

Long story short, I cancelled Sky TV in the early summer and this stuff has easily paid for itself several times over while also bringing loads of new features. It's not without its problems (minor hassles), but it's well worth it.

• Upvote 1

Also using a zgemma box and binned sky off last month, after 18 years.

Paid £45 for 3 months after a one month trial, discounts don't kick in until paying for 6 months or more. Been happy with service, no issues with 3pm games. Guy I am dealing with has responded almost instantly with any support questions.

Switched broadband and phone to Talk talk and got a You view box for watching/recording tv, which the missus seems happy with. Only using the zgemma for movies, sports and VOD

What kind of hassles? Just to compare with Kodi/sportsmania etc

Some short periods of down time for the premium channels, and now and again the EPG is messed up. Everything is usually sorted very quickly.

They all usually offer a trial. Like £5 for a month or something like that. Then you can put it on an IPTV app on the TV or tablet to test out the service.