You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stranger Things

Rick Sanchez C-137

Apart from the momentum halting seventh episode I loved it all.

Dustin is a fucking shining light in a show full of brilliant characters, all credit to that lad who plays him.

Can't wait for Season 3 now.

Yeah, he's brilliant. The kid who plays Will Byers was especially good though.

Guest Pistonbroke

It's been bugging me where I'd seen Bob out of 'Stranger Things' before. Just found out he was Mikey in 'The Goonies'. Nicely done Duffer Brothers.

It's been bugging me where I'd seen Bob out of 'Stranger Things' before. Just found out he was Mikey in 'The Goonies'. Nicely done Duffer Brothers.

His "Is there pirate treasure at the red X" quote was a bit on the nose, but I still appreciated the nod to the Goonies.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I watched episode 7 today and didn't think it was that bad, but looking forward to the last couple.

Just finished watching episode 7 and thought it was ace and an important part of the story. Jane (eleven) met her so called sister who filled in a few blanks and also taught her how to use her power in different situations. It also introduced a bunch of new characters (especially her sister) for later on, or maybes in the next series, someone with other special powers. I'd rather the producers did it over one episode, like they did, than leak it in over two or three. It was also a nice little respite from the main plot and they can hit us with some major shit in the last two episodes. 

Loved the previous episodes. Steve talking to Dustin. 'How do you know it wasn't a lizard?'......'Because it opened its head and ate my cat!' 

Also the scene in the rusted old bus where Lucas and Max are holding hands and Dustin looks at them with that 'You cunt' look, despite a shit load of Demogorgon's attacking them. 

Can#t wait to watch the final two episodes tomorrow, but then I#ll be pissed that i have to wait ages for series 3. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Talking about Stranger Things.....

Just about to watch the last episode and went to the kitchen to pour a glass of wine. On the way back the youngest lad came out of the bathroom as I passed it, with his eyes shut before shuffling off into his bedroom. Kept all the wine in the glass. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Really enjoyed that, far more so than series 1 tbh. The ending, especially, was really fantastic.

Wonderful throwback escapism.

Finished it earlier, spot on with your analysis amigo. That last episode was just perfect, the music score at the end was ace. Looking forward to season 3 and where they are going to take it. 

Justin at the Snow Ball....hahaha. 

Really enjoyed that, far more so than series 1 tbh. The ending, especially, was really fantastic.

Wonderful throwback escapism.

Totally agree and felt that they should've left it there but it's a hugely popular show so they're always going to milk another season out two for all its worth.

I wasn't that keen after three episodes but it picks up slowly and all can together brilliantly at the end.

Top telly.

Thought it was excellent.

Dustin is the star of the show for me and I loved the snow ball scene.

Slightly worried about where they take it after this series, given the end scene and also the seventh episode. It currently has the balance between reality and Sci fI just right. Don't want it to turn into super hero show.

I wasn't that impressed, the 80s nostalgia thing they've got going on is far more impressive than the actual storyline, the kids are really good too but as with the first series, I think it's a bit overhyped for what it is.

6/10

Loving season 2. Have the last 3 episodes left.

Don't get the negative comments and reviews I've seen of it.

Think I prefer to season 1, even though it's just a continuation of the story line of the first season, but much darker with the after effects of what's going on.

Definitely much more darker than the first season.

Even though the kids are brilliant, Winona Ryder and David Harbour really plays their characters superbly.

Can't believe how quickly I've finished it off and now have to wait for season 3.

Watched both seasons over the last week or so. Love love love the soundtrack and the 80's vibe. They have got that spot on. The guy who plays Dusty is going to be a superstar and Eleven will be too.

Not normally a fan of horror but it has a good mix of comedy, sci-fi, suspense and horror. I think I actually like it more for the 80's thing than the story line to be honest.

When I saw Sean Astin playing Bob I just kept thinking it was the same small hick town in Astoria and Bob was all grown up.

• Upvote 2