You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stranger Things

Rick Sanchez C-137

Started at 8pm last night and had a day off work today and blasted through the whole second series. That was great, very enjoyable and I may even watch the two series again from the start. Netflix are making some quality shows these days.

Was thinking of doing S1 & S2 again myself. I watched S1 again about 6 months ago to show a friend and it was just as good the second time!

Glad to see that some of you think it's as good as the first. I don't really feel like watching a full series of anything at the moment but did want to watch this around Halloween, it's 9 episodes and I remember how much I liked the first, so might start on it tomorrow.

Serious spoilers in here, only click if you have watched the whole of season 2!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/10/29/stranger-things-season-2-ending-explained

The ending of Stranger Things Season 2 is setting up a much more extensive universe for its writers to explore in future seasons. Seeing the Mind Flayer alive and well in the Upside Down indicates that he has now entered the realm of “supervillain.” Much like a video game or epic fantasy tale, this creature is going to be the big-bad the kids of Hawkins are going to have to battle at the end of the series. In other words, he’s not your typical villain of the week. So, what does that mean going forward and how will Eleven and the rest of the gang defeat such a formidable foe?

To begin, we need to understand better what the Upside Down actually is. We know it’s another dimension, and for all its grey skies and deserted streets, it looks exactly like the Hawkins our characters currently inhabit. If you’ll forgive the comic book analogy, the Upside Down is the “Earth-2” of the Stranger Things universe. Just like The Flash (minus all the speedsters), a parallel earth is one of an infinite amount of other earths that exist simultaneously. The Upside Down is one of those endless possibilities. If that's confusing, fear not, the writers have provided us with clues, which will help to unlock some of the Upside Down’s secrets.

Dustin and Dr. Owens describe the Mind Flayer and its minions as symptoms of a virus. Using his trusty Dungeons & Dragons manual, Dustin further surmises that this virus is so old, it doesn’t even remember where it came from. The shadow demon is merely the epicenter of that virus. Imagine the worse kind of cold with the potential to destroy the world. In the Upside Down version of Hawkins, the virus has already won.

But Eleven closed the gateway, right? Well, yes, but there are a few exceptions to the rule, that proves you don’t need an open portal to enter the Upside Down. An example of this abnormality is Will, who after being possessed by the Mind Flayer, was able to travel between dimensions with little effort. The only problem is that he was never in control, and his physical body stayed in the Earth-1 version of Hawkins. Meanwhile, we know Eleven can create portals when she uses enough of her powers.

Another implication from the Mind Flayer ending is that the Hawkins group is going to need some outside help. Even at full strength, with all of her rage and hate focused on closing the gateway, Eleven’s power was depleted. She’s not always going to be able to swoop in and save the day. The answer to this dilemma is simple...Start looking for more superpowered individuals like Eight.

Kali (Eight) understands her abilities more than Eleven. While she’s no Professor X, she was able to teach Eleven how to use her powers better. She also gave her a warning in the form of her father, Dr. Martin Brenner. He speaks to Eleven about her wound and how it will kill her in the end. This wound he mentions could be interpreted as a kind of metaphor, but I think he’s speaking about an actual physical injury. The more Eleven and Eight use their powers, especially in intense situations, the more their noses bleed. That bleeding can’t be a good thing, and unless they can find a way to use their skills without these deadly side effects, both ladies could be looking at shortened lifespans.

With the Hawkins Lab abandoned, perhaps there are some documents or clues left behind that could lead to the discovery of more kids like Eight and Eleven? Dr. Brenner is another source of knowledge. Eleven’s gift of being able to find people with just a photo will help aid in his discovery. Still, even searching for people like she does causes intense amounts of pressure. How long can she keep going?

Finally, let’s talk about post-war Hawkins. The shady government scientists may have left town, but there are several Demodogs still laying around. Don’t forget, Dustin and Steve put one of the dead Demodogs in a refrigerator. Those decomposing bodies could spread the virus, but they can also be used as a way to study the creatures. Steve and Dustin better brush up on their science lessons.

No matter how you look at it, Hawkins is still the focus of this ancient evil virus known as the Mind Flayer. Watching its shadowy figure looming over the Middle School is a vivid reminder of the danger everyone’s in. Eleven and the rest of the gang are going to have to acquire more knowledge and gifted youngsters to help them in their fight. What’s scary is that they don’t even realize the Mind Flayer is looking for a way back in. Currently, they’re a bit preoccupied with school dances. Hopefully, they won’t be caught off guard when the Upside Down comes back for revenge.

Going against the grain here I know, but I thought I it was as crap.

Spoiler.......

Why go through all the bollocks with the baby dog monster then 4 turn up.

Using old sentiment over plot.

Winona Ryder is a sour faced bitch, I have knocked back better. (not really)

Haha, I thought it was only 8 episodes and I had two to watch tonight. So started on episode 7 which was absolutely shite and the onto episode 8 which was a return to standard but then when I seen there was only 15 minutes left I thought jeez, they're gonna wrap this one up pretty quick then at the end when what happens happens I thought bloody hell I now have to wait a year? Turns out one more episode left!

• Upvote 1

Haha, I thought it was only 8 episodes and I had two to watch tonight. So started on episode 7 which was absolutely shite and the onto episode 8 which was a return to standard but then when I seen there was only 15 minutes left I thought jeez, they're gonna wrap this one up pretty quick then at the end when what happens happens I thought bloody hell I now have to wait a year? Turns out one more episode left!

To me that says you enjoyed the experience of watching something everyone else was watching rather than the the program itself.

If a show has to be endured rather than watched it is a sign it is shit.

To me that says you enjoyed the experience of watching something everyone else was watching rather than the the program itself.

I didn't gather that at all. He said episode 7 was shite, but everything else is complementary. I thought episode 7 was a bit 'meh' myself, mainly because I was used to watching quite well developed characters at this stage and then all these new twats roll in all at once.

Episode 7 broke away on a bit of a tangent outside of Hawkins and was hit or miss for most. It certainly wasn't an episode to make judgements about the show with the other 16 episodes being consistent.

Not sure I gave of that impression there. I love the show, I binged watched the first series the day it got realised so I'm not just watching because everyone else is. One episode of the second series in mind opinion is rubbish, felt like a pure filler and I have no doubt most will agree, we're all sheep after all..

Not sure I gave of that impression there. I love the show, I binged watched the first series the day it got realised so I'm not just watching because everyone else is. One episode of the second series in mind opinion is rubbish, felt like a pure filler and I have no doubt most will agree, we're all sheep after all..

If it's the episode I'm thinking of, I have a feeling that there may be more of that type of thing in future seasons. Nothing certain, just an implication.