You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stranger Things

Rick Sanchez C-137

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I am so late to this! 

I've just finished the first two seasons and I'm loving it. Among the many things to like, I'm impressed by the way Steve has developed from stereotypical high-scool jock to a decent human.

It gets worse from then. 

Programme about kids for kids.

A modern Grange Hill, unpopular opinion but just doesn't do it for me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

I haven’t bothered with it since the first series, which I liked but not enough to continue watching. It’s a programme primarily for people who were kids in the 80s, in my opinion.

Good point Tony, think someone who was that mentioned the nostalgis of walkie talkies etc, for me it was two empty cans and a length of string.

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

I haven’t bothered with it since the first series, which I liked but not enough to continue watching. It’s a programme primarily for people who were kids in the 80s, in my opinion.

And this is the reason you DON’T like it?

There's a show started on Amazon called Paper Girls, about four paper delivery girls riding their bikes at Halloween in 1988 and get caught up in a time travelling war.

No doubt it will get classed as a Stranger Things copy however the comic of this show was released a few years before ST aired.

Will give that a watch later.

6 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

It gets worse from then. 

Programme about kids for kids.

A modern Grange Hill, unpopular opinion but just doesn't do it for me.

It's not a programme for kids, it's a programme for people who were kids in the 80's/early 90's.

• Upvote 2

Just finished it and was pleasantly surprised, maybe because it was so much better than series 3.  I even enjoyed the last episode but there were a few moments I thought "get a move on".

And what's going on with the girl-hate in this thread? Are they any more annoying than the boys?  Most of the characters are annoying, I think that's by design.  But generally, despite their annoyances, they are still very well liked.

Anyway, 8/10 for S4.

7/10 for the programme as a whole.

• Upvote 1

On 30/07/2022 at 22:35, DalyanPete said:

Bollhocks, grangehill on speed.

But hey, keep believing.

It's talked about like Sopranos, Wire, Curb.

It's shit.

Please point me in the direction of the episodes where Ziggy, Zammo, Tucker,  Gripper,  Jacqui etc save the world several times from malevolent, evil spirits from a universe that is the reverse of ours....

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

Please point me in the direction of the episodes where Ziggy, Zammo, Tucker,  Gripper,  Jacqui etc save the world several times from malevolent, evil spirits from a universe that is the reverse of ours....

Can't even remember the discussion, are you on satellite delay. Is a funny response though.

I just don't get the show.

Yep, kids now will enjoy it for what it is, people who were kids at the time will have the added nostalgia and references to enhance that.

It's like the best animated films, when you watched them as a kid you enjoyed them at face value but you go back and watch them as an adult (or watch new animated films for the first time) there's lots of jokes and references you wouldn't have got as a kid.

Watching the final episode now and it's probably the best so far. Completely preposterous and indicipherable nonsense, uniformly risible acting and pure self indulgence from the creators.

Vecna is a total wuss, hasn't even managed to snuff out even a single one of these gawky fucking losers.

If there is to be a season 5 then they really need to murder half of the cast, I mean really butcher them, cull the soft twats and maybe, just maybe I'll even watch.