You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stranger Things

Rick Sanchez C-137

SPOILER

Didn't see his body, didn't see him get disintegrated. Fairly certain Hopper is still alive. I would think he's the American in the cell. We technically didn't see Brenner from S1 die on screen either (although he got tackled by the demogorgon so he should be dead for me) though so I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one in the cell and Hop is in the upside down. Continuity wise though I'm not sure humans are meant to be able to survive in there that long without protective gear but it's not like continuity has ever stopped a TV series before.

SPOILER

Finished it this evening. Another great series.

They played Peter Gabriel's version of Heros after Hoppers fate.

They played the same exact song when Will turned up 'dead' by the quarry in season one, turned out he wasn't dead as it was someone else's body.

No chance is he dead. No idea who the American is but my money's on him being in the Upside Down.

1 minute ago, Juniper said:

SPOILER

Finished it this evening. Another great series.

They played Peter Gabriel's version of Heros after Hoppers fate.

They played the same exact song when will turned up 'dead' by the quarry in season one, turned out he wasn't dead as it was someone else's body.

Noticed that myself. Hopper is not dead, the after credits bit was far too leading to be the obvious conclusion.

Seems to be the same thing each series, demon thingie escapes from its realm to cause mayhem, kids team up to thwart the hell-spawn and send it back from whence it came. Some side plot of turmoil within the group and some romance threads throughout. 

Am I being unreasonable expecteling something different? Or is that just the genre and its exactly what I signed up to watch? 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Aventus said:

Seems to be the same thing each series, demon thingie escapes from its realm to cause mayhem, kids team up to thwart the hell-spawn and send it back from whence it came. Some side plot of turmoil within the group and some romance threads throughout. 

Am I being unreasonable expecteling something different? Or is that just the genre and its exactly what I signed up to watch? 

I loved the first 2 seasons but it's getting a bit samey now. They'll keep making it though as it's a huge show, I just hope they don't drag it out too long.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Ok, I own up. I got something in my eye during Harper's speech at the end. 

Same here.

Though part of me thinks they should have stopped at series 1. But then I think that for Alien and Terminator and in fact most sci fi. Money to be made, though. 

13 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Same here.

Though part of me thinks they should have stopped at series 1. But then I think that for Alien and Terminator and in fact most sci fi. Money to be made, though. 

And miss out on Aliens and T2, two of the best action movies ever made. 

11 hours ago, Funkasy said:

And miss out on Aliens and T2, two of the best action movies ever made. 

But you have to accept Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Aliens v Predator 1 and 2, Prometheus and Covenant which were all bar Alien 3 crimes against cinema.

And you have to accept Terminator 3, Terminator Salvation and Terminator Genesis. Bags of shite each. 

On 28/07/2019 at 07:53, Paulie Dangerously said:

Thought it was better than 2 but not a patch on 1. If they didn't put all the 80s memberberries in it I wouldn't have finished the series if I'm honest. 

I know what you mean. Only seen the first series. Boss 80s nostalgia and the kids are good actors, but I’ve not felt the need to watch series 2 and 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched season 3 over a few nights, enjoyed it. Their version of the 80s seemed a little off to me in places. 

Spoiler

I think Hop went through the portal and those ruskies opened a new one and found him, well he did if they want to keep his character in it.

I think this season finally made me realize that Stranger Things is a children’s show. Three first episodes are just one music video after another, interaction between «the kids» cringeworthy and the themes we’re supposed to care about are just very immature and infantile. Entertainment value bit better towards the last few episodes, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...