You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stranger Things

Rick Sanchez C-137

Ive got to say i'm  nowhere near impressed with this as I was expecting to be, it's enjoyable but certainly not gripping.

I've not seen the second series, but that is how I saw the first one. The 80s setting, which felt extremely authentic, was easily the best thing about it.

1980s theme - 9/10

The kids - 9/10

The rest - 7.5/10

I've not seen the second series, but that is how I saw the first one. The 80s setting, which felt extremely authentic, was easily the best thing about it.

1980s theme - 9/10

The kids - 9/10

The rest - 7.5/10

Pretty much agree. It's engaging more than gripping. Love the 80's setting and the kids, especially Dustin and Mike (Finn Wolfhard who also plays a great part in the 2017 remake of IT).

• Upvote 1

Devvoed Samwise Gamgee got eated.

Yep, made it all across Middle Earth, evading Orcs, Giant Spiders & Sauron and then gets killed in this, basically, because he dropped a broom.

I forgot to mention, Wynona Ryder also pissed me off in this season too.

‘Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil’

Cries

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil’

Cries

Cries

Cries

Repeat-Repeat-Repeat.

• Upvote 1

Finished season 2 last night after starting it on friday.

It was more of the same.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing as it was very enjoyable. 

Thought Ep 8 the Mind Flayer was the best of the lot.  So much tension towards the end.

Have to admit I was a bit disappointed with the last episode.  Nothing unexpected really happened, no sting in the tail if you will. 

Still well worth my time watching.  As everyone has said above the music, visuals, clothes etc were brilliant.,  Kids were great in it.  Loved Billy as a renegade antagonist.  Ryder is great as a fretful, end of her tether mother. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few episodes into series 2, my son insisted I watch this and logged me into his Netflix account on my tv to assist. have to say it's a very decent show in a sea of utter shit out there. 

I'll watch a couple more tonight and try to drag it out a little. 

• 2 months later...
The episode count for Stranger Things Season 3 has been revealed and it's shorter than Season 2.

TVLine reports the third season of the hit Netflix series will consist of eight episodes—fewer than Season 2's nine episodes but the same as Season 1's total count. Filming on the new season is set to begin in April.

The following series regulars are once again returning: Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven), Winona Ryder (Joyce), David Harbour (Jim), Finn Wolfhard (Mike), Noah Schnapp (Will), Caleb McLaughlin (Lucas), Gaten Matarazzo (Dustin), Cara Buono (Karen), Natalia Dyer (Nancy), Charlie Heaton (Jonathan), Joe Keery (Steve), Dacre Montgomery (Billy), and Sadie Sink (Max).

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Yeah, I'll be on this later. 8 episodes and the synopsis of each one sounds promising. We already know we are in for some good acting, great music and nostalgia. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Can’t wait to crack on with this tonight. 

The one show we both love in our household. 

I watch it with the kids, they love it. The youngest lad has a crush on that Millie Bobby Brown/Eleven

Guest Pistonbroke

Just watched the first three episodes and it's better than ever. Great acting as we've become accustomed too, humour in all the right places without being forced, slick scene changes, excellent music choices and a shit load of nostalgia from the early 80's. I love how they've teamed up certain characters and given them all a part to play before things come together.  Obviously don't want to mention any spoilers so I'll leave it there. Deffo 9/10 so far, I was tempted to stay up all night and binge watch the rest but I'll wait until tomorrow. Then watch it all again with the kids. 

Guest Pistonbroke

3am and just finished series 3. The Duffer brothers absolutely smashed it, taking things to a whole new level. Loved how they integrated a few of the new characters, that Erica had me in stitches as did Justin, as usual. If you haven't watched it so far then you are in for a visual treat with all the usual traits of the first two seasons. 

The Duffer Brothers have said they are planning to wrap the show up by season 4 or 5, so we have that to look forward too. Enjoy peeps, I'm going to watch it again soon with the kids. 

Watched the first two episodes yesterday. Thought they were excellent. I'm guessing they have a bigger budget as there's a lot more external shooting, loads more extras, more locations etc, plus now the characters are all familiar so no back stories or anything to go through. Looking forward to the rest of it. 

Guest Pistonbroke
24 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Watched the first two episodes yesterday. Thought they were excellent. I'm guessing they have a bigger budget as there's a lot more external shooting, loads more extras, more locations etc, plus now the characters are all familiar so no back stories or anything to go through. Looking forward to the rest of it. 

I'm just going off what I've read about the show and apparently Netflix upped the budget from 6 million Dollars an episode to 8 million Dollars for series 2 due to popularity. No information about the budget for Season 3 yet.