You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hudds (H) 28/10/17 15.00 - Who ya gonna call?

Joe Strummer

Poor game from the off. Ref messed up the minutes respect. The first half was as bad as anything I have seen not helped by the ref again who gave some baffling decisions. Does anyone know why Salah took the penalty when Milner was on the pitch? Sign of the game when he missed it. Even George got in the act by fucking up the Huddersfield substitutes name then said Solanke came on when everyone in the ground saw it was Can. Even the muppets doing the crossbar challenge at half time managed to mess up when kicking the ball along the ground instead. Must be the shit Carlsberg they had drunk before the game.

Game changed after Sturridge scored the opener everyone knew Huddersfield didnt have anyone capable of scoring. We even managed to score from a corner which makes a nice change from wasting them. Nice stooping header by Firmino, Wijnaldum got on the scoresheet with a rasping raising drive. At least Jurgen took people off with plenty of time to go so they arent exhausted for Wednesday.

3 points 3 goals and a clean sheet were the only good things. Oh forgot another good thing was Lovren getting injured before kick off.

• Downvote 1

Is eeyore being a bit contrarian? Gomez was rock solid today, again! Far better defensively than Arnold at the moment. No slight on Arnold

Their grok center forward pulled onto him the whole game and he dealt with it no problem.  Bodes well as he's likely to come up against more groks when he moves to the center of defense than tricky footed wingers/runners (which sometimes give him more trouble).

• Upvote 1

Poor game from the off. Ref messed up the minutes respect. The first half was as bad as anything I have seen not helped by the ref again who gave some baffling decisions. Does anyone know why Salah took the penalty when Milner was on the pitch? Sign of the game when he missed it. Even George got in the act by fucking up the Huddersfield substitutes name then said Solanke came on when everyone in the ground saw it was Can. Even the muppets doing the crossbar challenge at half time managed to mess up when kicking the ball along the ground instead. Must be the shit Carlsberg they had drunk before the game.

Game changed after Sturridge scored the opener everyone knew Huddersfield didnt have anyone capable of scoring. We even managed to score from a corner which makes a nice change from wasting them. Nice stooping header by Firmino, Wijnaldum got on the scoresheet with a rasping raising drive. At least Jurgen took people off with plenty of time to go so they arent exhausted for Wednesday.

3 points 3 goals and a clean sheet were the only good things. Oh forgot another good thing was Lovren getting injured before kick off.

Salah took a big, big pressure pen for egypt to qualify for the world cup, could have been in their thinking.  We've been buggering around with pen takers this season.  Wish we'd just make our mind up.  

Again? He's been shocking all season

Got to disagree with you there old chap. Gomez is a good player. Good strength, good pace, and to my mind he’s coming along nicely. After a long time out it was touch and go whether he would come through again, but after giving him plenty of time he’s starting to reward us.

I think he’s good enough to play in the middle alongside Matip, and that’s what I’d like to see, especially since Lovren has played for years and still looks like a cat on a hot tin roof.

everyone knew Huddersfield didnt have anyone capable of scoring.

That's what had me raging most through the first half: Huddersfield had 10 men behind the ball and we still kept Henderson and three defenders goalside, like a shower of shithouses. We were guaranteed not to score playing like that.

The performance in the second half was by no means great, but turning it up from 4/10 to 7/10 is the difference between losing and winning.

It'd be nice to trust these numpties to learn that lesson.

That's what had me raging most through the first half: Huddersfield had 10 men behind the ball and we still kept Henderson and three defenders goalside, like a shower of shithouses. We were guaranteed not to score playing like that.

The performance in the second half was by no means great, but turning it up from 4/10 to 7/10 is the difference between losing and winning.

It'd be nice to trust these numpties to learn that lesson.

Klopp's reasoning for the defensive shape was to avoid getting countered. Talk about bolting the stable door after last week. I think after five minutes it was obvious that Huddersfield had no intention of countering, or indeed attacking in any way.

Gomez is improving. Thought he was absolutely awful in preseason and in the first month of the season, but he looks like he's got his athleticism back now.

Dont like him as a RB but you can see there is a player in him. I think hes going to be a top CB in a few years. We need to start blooding him there properly.

Klopp's reasoning for the defensive shape was to avoid getting countered. Talk about bolting the stable door after last week. I think after five minutes it was obvious that Huddersfield had no intention of countering, or indeed attacking in any way.

Seems the players over-interpreted his protect against the counter instructions.  He mentioned it in the press conference.  His half-time teamtalk was basically "you don't need so many people goal-side, open up a bit".

I give up on these dickheads

Fuck off Klopp. Why isn't Milner taking that, we are actually a charade.

We can't break teams down because our only strategy is the counter press. I'm waiting for the inevitable now with Huddersfield's one attack in the game.

I'm sorry but Klopp is a one trick pony.

What’s the point in Firmino?

Can we have a striker that takes pens please? Fucking abdication of responsibility is rife.

I’m beyond disappointed, it’s now borderline disgust.

Genuinely one of the most amateur things I've ever seen in football, I thought Salah being the first choice penalty taker after the Egypt one was a light hearted comment. Everyone fucking knew he'd miss, the keeper didn't have to fucking move. Supporting this team is a fucking waste of life, Fuck off mignolet, Fuck off klavan, Fuck off wijnaludm, Fuck off Firmino, fuck off Sturridge and Fuck off Klopp for picking this fucking team.

*snigger*

• Upvote 1

Can you teach us how to be a great supporter like you are? Any tips? Does it involve not going the game and being on a forum calling other fans cunts while the game is on?

I used to be a good supporter and go the game. Unfortunately due to family problems, I gave it all in 2003 after having a ST for 15 years. Only missing a handful of away games in the 1st 10 years of that. Tbh, I don’t really miss going the game as much as i thought I would, but I still watch every single game live and that’s the way I like it. I’ve paid my dues, poured literally thousands into following the Club and I have great respect for the fans, the proper supporters who continue to do so. This place becomes a lot more sane after a game when the people who actually go the game come online and speak some sense, there’s more than a few but Jockey and JimmyCase spring to mind amongst others. The irony of your statement above though? You constantly have a downer on the players, the Club and never stop telling us about it and YOU dont even go the game, you fucking beaut. It’s not about me being a ‘great supporter’ it’s about beauts like you constantly talking shit like you’re the fucking big know it all and throwing your toys out the pram when a Pen is missed or we don’t win a game convincingly. You soft kneejerk cunt. It’s quite ironic too that this site is called The Liverpool Way, it used to mean something that, something that set us apart from the others. We used to do and see things differently. Romantics, if you like. I’d like to think that I still have it at heart though. Unfortunately, that very mantra, means fuck all now, well lost over the years, Mainly due to sky generation, self entitled cunts like you. Now fuck off you horrid little twat

• Upvote 5

I think that's where you need a captain to take the initiative - to carry the ball forward every now and then and to encourage Gomez and Matip to do the same.  (Klavan can stay goalside!)  If something's not working, try something different.

I was mentally writing whole chapters for the "Fuck That Shit With Herpes" thread during that first half.

Still, the second was a huge improvement; we tried some attacking, scored some goals and won, so I can't complain too much.

• Upvote 1

I think that's where you need a captain to take the initiative - to carry the ball forward every now and then and to encourage Gomez and Matip to do the same.  (Klavan can stay goalside!)  If something's not working, try something different.

I was mentally writing whole chapters for the "Fuck That Shit With Herpes" thread during that first half.

Still, the second was a huge improvement; we tried some attacking, scored some goals and won, so I can't complain too much.

Captain you say? Initiative? Sorry you've lost me.

• Upvote 1

I used to be a good supporter and go the game. Unfortunately due to family problems, I gave it all in 2003 after having a ST for 15 years. Only missing a handful of away games in the 1st 10 years of that. Tbh, I don’t really miss going the game as much as i thought I would, but I still watch every single game live and that’s the way I like it. I’ve paid my dues, poured literally thousands into following the Club and I have great respect for the fans, the proper supporters who continue to do so. This place becomes a lot more sane after a game when the people who actually go the game come online and speak some sense, there’s more than a few but Jockey and JimmyCase spring to mind amongst others. The irony of your statement above though? You constantly have a downer on the players, the Club and never stop telling us about it and YOU dont even go the game, you fucking beaut. It’s not about me being a ‘great supporter’ it’s about beauts like you constantly talking shit like you’re the fucking big know it all and throwing your toys out the pram when a Pen is missed or we don’t win a game convincingly. You soft kneejerk cunt. It’s quite ironic too that this site is called The Liverpool Way, it used to mean something that, something that set us apart from the others. We used to do and see things differently. Romantics, if you like. I’d like to think that I still have it at heart though. Unfortunately, that very mantra, means fuck all now, well lost over the years, Mainly due to sky generation, self entitled cunts like you. Now fuck off you horrid little twat

I've no dog in this fight you and Funnee or however the fuck its spelt is but you are without doubt one of the worst posters on this site in a long time. All you do is abuse and denegrate people. You're a disgrace and should learn some fucking decency. The fact you referencr Jimmycase as some sort of upstanding poster says it all. You lad need to do one and piss off.

• Upvote 4

I've no dog in this fight you and Funnee or however the fuck its spelt is but you are without doubt one of the worst posters on this site in a long time. All you do is abuse and denegrate people. You're a disgrace and should learn some fucking decency. The fact you referencr Jimmycase as some sort of upstanding poster says it all. You lad need to do one and piss off.

Thank you PC ngogswilly, i’m flattered. Funny, most of the abuse I give is to people who are abusing and denigrating players and manager of the team they support. Criticism is one thing but some of the shit is embarrassing. You talk about decency, where are people’s decency in the match threads? The usual suspects haven’t got an ounce of decency between them.

• Upvote 1

I assumed he was yet another jimmycase when I read that bit.