You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hudds (H) 28/10/17 15.00 - Who ya gonna call?

Joe Strummer

Need to get the Spurs game out of our system and quick. With these and Maribor to follow at home there can be no excuses.

Klopp has to react and make a statement with his selection. Ward deserves a chance against his old pals and let's face it can be no worse than the other two clowns we have. Lovren needs binning and made to sit on the bench for the foreseeable. Can should be dropped as well, he won't be here next season and his performances of late have been lazy and just not good enough. Moreno hasn't been as bad as the above mentioned but Robertson deserves another go.

I'd go with:

Ward

AA

Gomez

Matip

Robertson

Henderson

Wyjnaldum

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Salah

Firminho

Coutinho

That team isn't finishing top 4 especially at the back but when you bring back Mane and Lallana and we get through to January within touching distance of the CL places then it's possible.

Good rallying cry, time to step up. The league is by no means great and I think a huge source of our frustration is that our problems are mostly self inflicted.

Our defenders must be broken now so klopp maybe needs to think about 3 at the back and some wing backs.

The story of the season seems to be "can't be worse" which is so sad considering it's so early

Fuck me the first 8 names in that team in the O.P. and we wonder why we are struggling.

Oh and that isn't a pop at the post. It would be equally as grim if it was pretty much any 8 we have to pick from.

Not a single even close to world class player in that 8 - arguably barely a player who would get regular games in another team challenging for top 4/6.

Fucking hell.

If I am critical of Klopp in one particular way it's the fact he believes we can operate without an out and out striker. The PL is all about scoring goals,even the best defences in the PL arent that great and ours is simply shite. This means a goalscorer/striker makes a world of difference to a team. European football is a bit different but thats where the squad mentality comes in. Imagine having an actual striker as well as Salah and Mane? It still wouldnt cover up the shite defence but would be fantastic.

Has to be a reaction after yesterday, both from the players and Klopp in his team selection. 

Mig, Lovren, Moreno, Can, possibly even Firmino should sit this one out. 

Let Gomez and Matip try to form a partnership. Give AOC a chance in centre midfield and lets have a proper striker like Solanke leading the line. 

Ward (I’ve seen the least of him but want to start to form a view)

TAA

Gomez

Matip

Robertson

Henderson

Wijnaldum

Coutinho

Salah

Firmino

AOC

I know there’s a lot of inexperience in the defence, but I’m so sick of seeing schoolboy errors from more experienced players that I’d like to see some talented youngsters stake a claim.

I put AOC in there because we are really missing Mane’s pace and if I put Coutinho in the front three and chose a different midfielder (it would have been Grujic as I’m sick of Can) we wouldn’t have had the pace to get around the defenders and stretch them.

Ward is the big question mark for me as I don’t know if he will fare any better than the other two, but I’ve seen the least of him so wouldn’t mind seeing what he can do. Arguably with three youngsters in front of him it might help him have a commanding voice and lead from the back.

It all might be too much to expect, but I’m pretty clear that Lovren, Can and Mignolet are not the answers we need, so we need to try something else.

Coutinho really needs to be back in the middle - he has much more impact on the game from there and actually brings our front players into the game.

Without him our midfield is utterly devoid of creativity. This is another area where for me Klopp makes the wrong call when Mane is out/our lack of options hurts us.

Any bog standard Sunday league goalie

TAA    2 Bog standard centre halves or 1,with Gomez     The lad we bought but we won't play

3 x anyone who can be arsed to show up and care(Zingari League will do) + Mo

The want away Brazilian(not fussed if its him or not tho')

Solanke

Subs

7 from in here

• Upvote 1

Anything less than a 4 goal winning margin will be a disgrace. Can see them nicking a draw. Dropped points here and Klopp will be well under scrutiny. I don't want him to go even if we lose but fuck me the media will start sniping soon enough if we don't turn shit around in the league. 

That forward deportire for Huddersfield is going to cause our physically and mentally weak defense all kinds of problems.

Klopps mate is going to have them have a real go at us,

I’m not confident at all.

Thought we’d thump watford, burnley and especially Newcastle I don’t trust this team at all.

Bunch of bottling twats.