You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny

Lestat

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone saw it but the King was on Sunday Brunch yesterday , it's from an about an hour in just in case you don't want to sit through the usual shite...Kenny is very funny too when first introduced chatting about it being his anniversary .

To be fair to Rimmer and Lovejoy it's quite a good interview.

I don't really understand the honors system. It should be Sir Kenny. Kenny was a supreme footballer - one of the world's best in his day, and then after that he was a top manager. Plenty of other sporting knighthoods have been given out for excellence, and Kenny's record stacks up.  

But then beyond the sporting record, Kenny embodies the sort of dignity and class that is worthy of honor, exemplified in particular by the way he stood with all the families in the immediate aftermath of Hillsborough, and over the years since. 

I don't personally care about the honors system as it's a load of old cobblers in my view, but since we have it, let's use it to honor people who are deserving, and Kenny's knighthood is long overdue. 

• Upvote 2

If it was Evra alone why did Suarez admit to using the word "negro"?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/26/luis-suarez-am-i-a-racist-no-absolutely-not-i-was-horrified

Among the highlights of the FA "independent" panel's report into their reasons for calling Suarez guilty are the bit where two experts on South American language and culture agree that what Suarez said was neither racist nor insulting and the bit where Evra admits that he now accepts that, but at the time if the match he incorrectly thought it was a racist insult.

I don't really understand the honors system. It should be Sir Kenny. Kenny was a supreme footballer - one of the world's best in his day, and then after that he was a top manager. Plenty of other sporting knighthoods have been given out for excellence, and Kenny's record stacks up.

But then beyond the sporting record, Kenny embodies the sort of dignity and class that is worthy of honor, exemplified in particular by the way he stood with all the families in the immediate aftermath of Hillsborough, and over the years since.

I don't personally care about the honors system as it's a load of old cobblers in my view, but since we have it, let's use it to honor people who are deserving, and Kenny's knighthood is long overdue.

I would not be in the least bit surprised if he has been offered one and refused it.

• 5 months later...

I started watching it after the match but couldn’t stomach it when it came to the Hillsborough bit and went to bed. Watched the rest yesterday in a better frame of mind.

That end sequence was beautiful.