You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny

Lestat

...The TV cash could have reduced season tickets to nearly nothing and still given the clubs a fortune to spend. But no, that cash is now channeled into agents pockets, buys supercars for players and fills owners bank accounts...

To make a topical point, Donald Trump's proposed tax cuts will have the same effect. Somebody on his team commented that the corporate tax savings made by companies will mean they keep more of their money, and workers could see as much as an extra $4000 in their annual salary because that's where companies will use that money. The increased salary analogy ties in with this idea that tickets prices in football will be cut as more and more TV money rolls in. It is complete bollocks.

As you've pointed out, the increases in TV income get swallowed up immediately by transfer fees, wages and agent fees so the fans buying tickets don't benefit in any way. With the proposed tax cuts in the States, companies will keep more of the revenue earned but it won't be redistributed to the workers, it will be shareholders and other investors who will see that money in the form of increased dividends and other perks to benefit the wealthy few.

The monetisation of football has nothing to do with Kenny mind you.

Oh and apparently none of Henry, Werner or Gordon could make it today, they all had plans. Considering they decided this renaming thing a year ago, you would think one of them could have checked their diary and made the effort to attend. 

The sooner they're gone and we get someone in that is going to give us free solar power the better. 

Oh and apparently none of Henry, Werner or Gordon could make it today, they all had plans. Considering they decided this renaming thing a year ago, you would think one of them could have checked their diary and made the effort to attend. 

The sooner they're gone and we get someone in that is going to give us free solar power the better. 

Probably keeping a low profile after firing the Red Sox manager John Farrell this week.

Dalglish: “It’s great to see Sir Alex and Sir Bobby here. There’s rivalry but there’s never been a game when we’ve not had a drink."

I refuse to believe they had a bevy after the Suarez/Evra game at Old Trafford.

I refuse to believe Taggart has gone ten minutes without a drink. The purple nosed, piss stained, old cunt.

• Upvote 2

I have been in the same room as him. If you're ever in the presence of a truly great man, they give off this aura of greatness - I don't know how else to describe it - and Kenny unmistakably has that. As an atheist, it's the closest I'll ever get to God.

• Upvote 4

Dalglish: “It’s great to see Sir Alex and Sir Bobby here. There’s rivalry but there’s never been a game when we’ve not had a drink."

I refuse to believe they had a bevy after the Suarez/Evra game at Old Trafford.

I watched it live he did not say 'Sir Alex' but Fergie!

Of course he did. Not even up for debate in my mind. Best player to wear the shirt in years. Ferguson couldn't let that go unpunished so he orchestrated the whole thing.

Nah, I don't buy that tbh. Evra made it up and got caught in a big lie that he had to keep up. And apparently no one outside Liverpool gave much of a fuck about it outside of what the twats in the media were saying.

• Upvote 1

Bobby Charlton and Alex Ferguson turn up. Probably know that they are not the most popular people round here but still pay their respects to him. However, our esteemed owners don't bother showing their faces.

They must have been busy. It's not as if they would deliberately blank KK, right?

img_0332ngjur.jpg

No reason whatsoever that Kenny - with Suarez at his disposal - couldn't have taken us to at least 2nd in another two years, like Rodgers did.

Who knows, maybe even one better.

I like to believe there's an alternate universe where Kenny is in charge that year and he tells Stevie to wear longer studs.
  • Upvote 1

Of course he did. Not even up for debate in my mind. Best player to wear the shirt in years. Ferguson couldn't let that go unpunished so he orchestrated the whole thing.

I've got no problem with a bit of gamesmanship, but the depths that whisky faced cunt sank to at times were nothing short of despicable. Ably aided and abetted by the media.

In a nutshell