You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Las Vegas shooting

Rico1304

I see Trump has sent out a tweet offering his "warmest condolences" .

How fucking crass, 50 people are dead and eventually after 3-4 hours  the best he can do is send out a tweet

My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting. God bless you!

That's all.  He tweeted that sub-Hallmark bullshit 11 hours ago and not a word since.

Do you think someone's confiscated his phone - or maybe switched it with a squeaky dog-toy phone, so he still thinks he's tweeting?

On a more serious note, this whole situation is pretty awful. 50 people go to a concert and don't come back. Another 200 mentally scarred.  I've just seen this on Twitter...

And yet the NRA will still come out with some bullshit about protecting Second Amendment rights. When are the stupid bastards going to learn that the more you make weapons available, the more somebody will avail themselves of the opportunity to use them.

Just as Trump supporters hate Obamacare but wan't to keep the Affordable Care Act, so most NRA members oppose gun control but support background checks.

http://www.comedycentral.com.au/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah/videos/nra-members-weigh-in-on-gun-control-clips#nra-members-weigh-in-on-gun-control

Still, Wayne LaPierre is doing alright for himself, so all's good.

• Upvote 1

All the usual nauseating shite being spouted by all the usual people.  Trump, Obama, May, etc. What fucking good is praying for the victims going to do ?

In fairness to Obama, I think he genuinely did try to introduce measures to stop shit like this, but the Tea Party bastards thwarted every attempt.  He was at the end of his emotional tether every time there was a mass shooting and I'm sure he'll be feeling more horror/sorrow/frustration/empathy than Captain "warm condolences" has ever felt in his life.

• Upvote 1

I wish Nelly and Rico would just cut to the part in this tiresome romcom where they realise that, after all their bickering, they really love each other.

Negged for "Lolz" and "simples".

My fault for mentioning the "R" word.

I still can't get over "warm condolences", it's ridiculous.  

"Your loved ones were machine-gunned down with no apparent motive, you say?  Oh, my warmest condolences".  

Rev. I know this must be a very emotional time for you and your friends. I'm not for one minute trying to dismiss any of the work by the people you mention above. If people who truly believe praying helps then I hope they manage to find what they need. Personally, if I or anyone I knew was caught up in this latest tragedy, the last thing I'd want to hear is the usual suspects offering their prayers. I know they're expected to say something but it isn't for me. Listening to Trump roll out the line of 'god bless america' churns my stomach.

I get where you're coming from and share some of the sentiment, especially when it's just cold platitudes from the usual suspects.

I also appreciate not everyone looks to God, or whatever they believe God to be, and lots of people aren't even sure he exists and don't really think about that too much. But at certain times of crisis many look for hope, solace, comfort, peace, soothing words spoken over them, etc. even if it's a kindly person praying for them or something.

But peace and respect to you. Definitely not wanting to turn it into another (!) religious debate on here.

and f you feel your semi-automatic is not discharging the bullets fast enough for a mere $99 you can always fit the gun with a mechanical loading device to spew death even faster.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/02/las-vegas-suspect-stephen-paddock-gun-semi-automatic

Absolute not illegal to fit one of there, but absolutely abominable.

Which is what he did. He added a crank. You can clearly hear it in one video. I read reports that he'd set up two gun platforms and had 18 weapons in the room and over 200 magazine's of ammo.

I wish Nelly and Rico would just cut to the part in this tiresome romcom where they realise that, after all their bickering, they really love each other.

Negged for "Lolz" and "simples".

No way is Rico two-timing Louis Spence.

• Upvote 1

Which is what he did. He added a crank. You can clearly hear it in one video. I read reports that he'd set up two gun platforms and had 18 weapons in the room and over 200 magazine's of ammo.

Sounds like he was just getting started when SWAT spoilt his party. Frightening just thinking how bad it was, and yet could have been even worse.

My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting. God bless you!

That's all. He tweeted that sub-Hallmark bullshit 11 hours ago and not a word since.

Do you think someone's confiscated his phone - or maybe switched it with a squeaky dog-toy phone, so he still thinks he's tweeting?

There was more anger about people kneeling when the anthem played at a sports event than this. It's almost as if shootings like this are acceptable if it allows people to keep their second amendment rights to owning a gun.

Oh and white privilege alert, before any investigation has started he's already been called a lone wolf like every white mass shooter does and not a loser terrorist or a son of a bitch. That's one heck of a lot of lone wolves all doing the same shit regularly in America.

There was more anger about people kneeling when the anthem played at a sports event than this. It's almost as if shootings like this are acceptable if it allows people to keep their second amendment rights to owning a gun.

Oh and white privilege alert, before any investigation has started he's already been called a lone wolf like every white mass shooter does and not a loser terrorist or a son of a bitch. That's one heck of a lot of lone wolves all doing the same shit regularly in America.

Before the investigation starts?

The definition of domestic terrorism is over the page, do you think he looks like he fits the bill at the moment? Are the school shooters terrorism?