Quantcast
Las Vegas shooting - Page 28 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rico1304

Las Vegas shooting

Well either that or hide near you while you're sniping and pick off people trying to flank.

I'd even consider corner camping if it was the real deal. 

I would rage quit like the man Aldean.  I'd be in his big green tractor quicker than you could say "flashbang".

I wouldn't run away. Not because I'm brave, but because I don't have 'fight' or 'flight', I have 'freeze'. So I'd be glued to the spot, standing perfectly still, but curling a fresh loaf out into my batman undies.

Victims of the 2017 Las Vegas shooting have reached a settlement of at least $735m (£592m) from MGM Resorts.

The chain owns the Mandalay Bay Hotel, from where the gunman killed 58 people and wounded hundreds more before killing himself in October 2017.

The victims were attending a country music festival at a venue across from the hotel, also owned by MGM.

It remains the single deadliest mass shooting committed by an individual in US history.

Outrage at the killing led to a ban on bump stocks - devices that make rifles fire like machine guns.

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

How is the hotel liable for this

Not sure they should be but he did smuggle 20 odd high calibre weapons in. One of the bell-boys even took loads of them up for him. 

I get that but unless everyone wants the hotel to be scanning bags on entry it just seems a cop out. Surely if you can go after the hotel then you should be able to go after the gun shops, makers of bump stocks and overall manufacturers of the weapons, I'd put them three at far higher culpability than the hotel. 

But I guess it's america and there's always someone to blame, just not the NRA

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I get that but unless everyone wants the hotel to be scanning bags on entry it just seems a cop out. Surely if you can go after the hotel then you should be able to go after the gun shops, makers of bump stocks and overall manufacturers of the weapons, I'd put them three at far higher culpability than the hotel. 

But I guess it's america and there's always someone to blame, just not the NRA

Its completely not the NRA's fault. In-fact the NRA rightly said that if everyone at the festival was armed then they could have spotted the shooter sooner and taken him out. 

• Upvote 1

@Lee909  Imagine how much money MGM is making for them to essentially write off 785 schmills - cuz I agree with you, venues cannot/should not be held accountable for acts of terrorism. Which this was.

• Upvote 1