You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spartak Moscow(A)- Champions League 26/09/17

LFC 6 Times

Eh? His Dortmund side was similar to how we are playing.  He got the attack playing brilliant but their defence was shit for 2 seasons.  Then he sorted it out and they won the league the following year.

Still work in progress.

Our attack is pretty poor against teams who parkvthe bus

That’s the problem with not playing with a proper no. 9.. we will continue to miss chance after chance because we don’t have a natural finisher.

What? Like the one you constantly pine for who blazed the ball over from six yards?

• Upvote 1

Don't think he did.

Abject decision making in the final third and poor finishing.

What's with all these slow, high crosses?

Can't one of them (Coutinho apart) whip in a Gerrard type low, quick, whipped in cross that would be easier to head in?

Like TAA did that should have won us the game?

For all the possession, I can't say I really enjoy watching us play at the moment. Clueless defending, lackadaisical attitude in front of goal and totally nonsensical substitutions. Can't recall a more frustrating LFC side than this one. The level of naivety within the side makes your piss boil at times.

I’ve been calling for a controlling midfielder for years now.. and people told me that Klopp don’t play with one... I don’t understand. It’s fucking glaring.

Guest Pistonbroke

That’s the problem with not playing with a proper no. 9.. we will continue to miss chance after chance because we don’t have a natural finisher.

Well your lad Sturridge was one of the main culprits at spunking good chances, it was just one of those nights. Every forward player was culpable of spunking a very good chance. 

So can we drop this Karius experiment? I know you bought him Jurgen and to be proved right but he is Brad Jones bad.

And firmino isn't good enough to take on the scoring burden for a team that can't defend. Someone clinical is needed.

Shit transfer window back to haunt us again.

For all the possession, I can't say I really enjoy watching us play at the moment. Clueless defending, lackadaisical attitude in front of goal and totally nonsensical substitutions. Can't recall a more frustrating LFC side than this one. The level of naivety within the side makes your piss boil at times.

completly agree even after the win at the weekend because of the way we played for the whole match I was nervous as fuck and had a knot in my stomach watching it. It took about an hour after it was over to start being able to enjoy it.

"We played well"

"On another night we would have won by 5"

"We were just unlucky, the goals will come and somebody will get a hiding soon"

"Point away isn't bad"

"We'll still qualify easily"

"Beat these at home and 6 pts off Maribor, job done"

"We bossed it but sometimes it just won't go in"

"Can't fault effort"

And blah blah fucking blah....

That is the shite people will come out with after that shit show - where yet again we have failed to beat a truly abject side who we should be beating easily. It is absolutely criminal that we have failed to put dross away like that - that was easily one of the worst performances from a team at home in this competition I have seen against us...

Clueless team with no threat at all and we come away with a point.

It happens all too often for the kind of statements above to have any real meaning.

Klopps substitutions baffling again IMO

Can for Gini....Really? Can off for deffo yeah but Gini against these how they were set up and us needing to break them down?

The pace of Mane for Sturridge when Bobby was fucking terrible....Really?

What a wasteful evening, simply not good enough.

• Upvote 5

Guest Pistonbroke

The tactics created at least five easy goals, the players missed them all.  That's not down to a manager.

Indeed, if the tactics pay off with chances created, as they were tonight, then you expect players of this quality to bury at least 4 of those tonight. Klopp can't be blamed for chances missed on the filed of play, although many will vent their anger in his direction.