You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 1 Burnley 1 (Sep 16 2017)

tlw content

We all contribute to it.

But the bottom line is it's just a difference in outlook by the parties involved. Some fans have short fuses, some fans think things should happen yesterday, Klopp might not understand the moaning having come from Dortmund where he considered everyone in the stadium was on the same side?

As childish and unprofessional as it may sound but could Coutinho not giving Robertson the ball be because it wasn't his mate Moreno. I've played enough football over the years to see that sort of thing go on a lot more than people would imagine. Even though they get a lot of money etc they are just like any other set of fellas playing football.

It's just the way he plays I think. He ignored Milner most of last season too, it's been pissing me off for ages. Pretty sure I remember thinking the same when his mate Moreno was playing, so I don't think it's anything personal, just that he doesn't like playing it to the player overlapping him.

I miss the fanzine....... Id really like to read that article on Klopp and the crowd. It does my head in and he needs to pack it in. Maybe worth bringing up in an ESPN article Dave, although I know you couldn't give it the full treatment in that editorially.

Not really the kind of thing I could get my teeth into with ESPN. I mean, I could do it, but it would have to be written in a way I wouldn't really want to write about a subject like this.

Defo not writing an article on it here either, at least not right now. Can't be giving more ammo to those accusing the site of having an anti Klopp agenda because they don't like John B's negativity!

If it continues then it's going to be worthy of a stand alone article, but for now I'll continue to address it in the match reports.

• Upvote 3

Good read.

Yeah - I'd like to see the article done on Klopp and the fans. I made my opinion clear on the FF.

My biggest beef is just how vulnerable we are. They could have scored from both their corners - as could countless other teams. The manager needs to sort out a number of problems  before he worries about us Main-Standers.

• Upvote 1

He should speak to Si and devise a whole new use for that little expanding foam disc idea, by having it fill our goal completely so there's no chance of the ball ever crossing the goal-line. We can then jib off our goalkeeper and defence and fill the team full of small, quick, nimble attackers that gegenpress the shit out of the opposition and don't have to worry about defending set pieces.

I could understand him having a pop at the fans if it was under 10s on the pitch but they're grown fucking men. The nervous tension seems to be over the top at anfield and it should be addressed but what can you do this side would make fucking clint eastwood nervous. focus on the team when they breed confidence it will reflect in peoples reactions too.

• Upvote 1

Mistakes are there but we're dominating games and playing superb football. Individual mistakes require change in personnel and Klopp simply doesn't want to replace one avarage player by another. He is willing to wait until the right players become available. Meanwhile it could help if the moaners try to encourage the current crop rather than the opposition.

• Upvote 1

Mate, the truth of the matter is, an awful lot of players couldn't give a fuck about the fans.

I'm talking about the impact of the moans on Burnley players. If I were a Burnley player hearing the moans of Liverpool fans I'd be thinking hell yeah we're doing something right here thank you for the confidence booster .. well done guys

I'm talking about the impact of the moans on Burnley players. If I were a Burnley player hearing the moans of Liverpool fans I'd be thinking hell yeah we're doing something right here thank you for the confidence booster .. well done guys

Burnley are obviously a well drilled side, we're relatively shit at defending and didn't make the most of our chances at the other end of the pitch. Liverpool fans moaning will have had little bearing on the outcome of the game. 

Burnley are obviously a well drilled side, we're relatively shit at defending and didn't make the most of our chances at the other end of the pitch. Liverpool fans moaning will have had little bearing on the outcome of the game.

I would say no more than 5% impact, but in the premier league that could be the difference between a win and a draw.

We were required to abandon our doubts and be believers but it's hard to do that when you see the same mistakes cropping up game after game and for a few seasons predating Klopp, which he might not be aware of.

You're not required to abandon them.  You're being asked to voice them after the game.  Too much for some I guess.

• Upvote 2

Tony is right when he says that a lot of players don't give a fuck about fan reaction these days,but I was surprised to see Firminho's reaction at the end of the Sevilla game.He had missed the penalty and when the final whistle went he was clearly upset,almost in tears,so he is one who clearly cares.When it is obvious that certain players are struggling for confidence,it has to be better to encourage rather than moan.You can go back as long as you like there always has been moaners,even in the Shankly days.

There was one point in the game, second half corner I think,  when the whole defence were shouting at Klavan, he just stood their looking gormless. Although he shit its not all his fault. and its not his fault he's shit. You just need to toss the ball into our box to create a goal chance these days. Also lost count and i've never seen a keeper who consonantly launches all of his kick directly to an opposition player than Mignolet, you notice it more at the games in person. He cant seem to kick the ball properly. Captain ponderous spreads nerves through the whole defence and instantly puts on us the back foot. Yes and too many changes in this team, im all for rotation n all but the is the PL baby, the bread and butter. Rest players when we have a few point in the bag. We are already out of touch. I would have slotted oxo in for Mane and left Bob Firm upfront. Daniel Sturridge has lost whatever pace our movement he once had an hinders our play these days, yes he can always do a piece of world class skill know and then or score a worldie out of the blue, but we carry him for 90% of the game waiting for that rare moment of genius. Should be impact sub / fa cup / europe. In fact id say he would be more suited to the slower paced CL games where they are tight and you need some of his guile.

• Upvote 1

I think the moaning and atmosphere definitely has an effect on the players. It's why so many players over the years have performed at some clubs and then failed here. There's a pressure here and everyone in and around the club knows it exists and it's down to being a big club that hasn't had real sustained success for decades.

It's also what makes our best players brilliant. If they can perform under that pressure then they can do it anywhere. It's why the biggest clubs always end up coming in for them. A lot of people obviously aren't happy with the manner Klopp is doing it. I personally don't mind it. I'm all in with Klopp. It's shows to me he's real. He's not just up everyone's arse and is willing to say so if he isn't happy. Yes he's got his own flaws and things we disagree with him on but I like that he's up front about it and it's the passion that's going to bring us success if anything so I'll take him having a pop at the moaners.

• Upvote 2

I think the moaning and atmosphere definitely has an effect on the players. It's why so many players over the years have performed at some clubs and then failed here. There's a pressure here and everyone in and around the club knows it exists and it's down to being a big club that hasn't had real sustained success for decades.

It's also what makes our best players brilliant. If they can perform under that pressure then they can do it anywhere. It's why the biggest clubs always end up coming in for them. A lot of people obviously aren't happy with the manner Klopp is doing it. I personally don't mind it. I'm all in with Klopp. It's shows to me he's real. He's not just up everyone's arse and is willing to say so if he isn't happy. Yes he's got his own flaws and things we disagree with him on but I like that he's up front about it and it's the passion that's going to bring us success if anything so I'll take him having a pop at the moaners.

Yep, agree with this. It's what Klopp eludes to when he talks about 125 years of history and over 25 years since the last title win.

It's debatable whether players should let the weight of expectations weight them down but plenty have over the years.

We absolutely twatted Burnley but could not put it in the net or stop it going in at our end. Fuck all to do with moaning. More to do with shit defending and no goalscorer.

Moaning and people crying shoot every 10 seconds has nothing to do with the poor decision-making around the box and general impatience of our play? 

Couple of points in above posts.

League is the bread & butter - To us it is as our desperation grows , but I don't think that is the same with FSG / Klopp as there is very little difference in finance between 1st & 4th and means very little to potential targets outside the UK, whereas the money and prestige from the CL Is vast.

Mignolet's kicking - Bar Can , practically every outfield player we have is a footballing pygmy from midfield on. Maradona would struggle to find our players from kick outs.