You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Relegation wishlist

Redder Lurtz

Don`t really care who gets relegated.

But I`ve always had a weak spot for Leeds and want them to come back to the PL

Fuck that shit with herpes, to coin a phrase. I live in Leeds and they're fucking unbearable about football as it is, without them being in the top flight. They were unbearable last time they were in the PL and plenty of times I was threatened physically for supporting Liverpool. Their run to the CL semis was horrendous. They're akin to mancs in their arrogance and misplaced self belief. The 4-4 game at Elland Road with Viduka putting 4 past us lives long in the memory. As does the fact that I couldn't so much as set foot in my own local after we knocked them out of the FA Cup that same season because of threats of violence. The unbridled joy I had when they were relegated was just brilliant. As was their fall into League 1. 

Do you know they do the "you're shit aaaaaaaagggghh" thing at opposition keepers? I mentioned to a match going fan that they can't get away with that shit in the PL, his response was "We're Leeds, we do what we like." As balanced a response you'd get from any Yorkshireman I suppose.

I love Leeds as a city but fuck me, they are one fucking horrible set of fans.

• Upvote 2

All clubs have their share of dick-heads, but Leeds United do seem to have more than most. Plenty of Leeds fans in York and if you see someone wearing a Leeds shirt, you can almost guarantee that they will be a right knob. To be fair though, I've been given shit all over the country, not just in Leeds. Never ceases to amaze me just how passionately some people hate Liverpool, the team and the city.

• Upvote 1

You've obviously tried to forget.  They won 4-3.

Oh fuck me they did didn't they.

Oh and this was around the same time that Lee Bowyer kicked the shit out of an asian bloke outside Majestyk night club in the city centre. I shit you not, most of the fans loved that. I was gutted when we nearly signed that racist thug and very relieved when we didn't.

• Upvote 1

All clubs have their share of dick-heads, but Leeds United do seem to more than most. To be fair though, I've been given shit all over the country, not just in Leeds. Never ceases to amaze me just how passionately some people hate Liverpool, the team and the city.

There's a not insubstantial amount of envy, I suspect, despite our shitness in the last quarter-century.  And even then, managing a European Cup in the middle of that.

All clubs have their share of dick-heads, but Leeds United do seem to more than most. To be fair though, I've been given shit all over the country, not just in Leeds. Never ceases to amaze me just how passionately some people hate Liverpool, the team and the city.

A quick scan on Twitter will show you that we have a lot of oot's who hate our city too

All clubs have their share of dick-heads, but Leeds United do seem to have more than most. Plenty of Leeds fans in York and if you see someone wearing a Leeds shirt, you can almost guarantee that they will be a right knob. To be fair though, I've been given shit all over the country, not just in Leeds. Never ceases to amaze me just how passionately some people hate Liverpool, the team and the city.

I've known a few people who have had trouble in Leeds as a visiting supporter. And my dad was thrown out by a copper for singing something offensive about Billy Bremner.

Why would anyone support a team if they hate the working-class culture and history of the city it originated in?

We wouldn't be as big as we are if it wasn't for their support apparently. Totally oblivious to the fact they only support us because we got so big in the first place without them. This is despite the fact none of them could pick out anfield on a map let alone say they've been to a game, which they've got no intention of ever doing.

Have a look and see the outrage it causes when it's pointed out to them that if you support the club then you should support the city and its values. LFC daytripper / LFC family are good places to start searching.

Why would anyone support a team if they hate the working-class culture and history of the city it originated in?

I moved to London in the 2000s, but still used to go to most home games. On one occasion, I'd been to the match and was on the train back to Euston. There was a fella, mid to late twenties and wearing a Liverpool shirt, with a working class London accent, talking on his phone. He spokw about the match and how great it had been. He must have then been asked why he wasn't going out the piss in town. He said, "Nah mate, I can't wait to get back. Liverpool is a fucking shithole."

• Upvote 1

I moved to London in the 2000s, but still used to go to most home games. On one occasion, I'd been to the match and was on the train back to Euston. There was a fella, mid to late twenties and wearing a Liverpool shirt, with a working class London accent, talking on his phone. He spokw about the match and how great it had been. He must have then been asked why he wasn't going out the piss in town. He said, "Nah mate, I can't wait to get back. Liverpool is a fucking shithole."

Should have told him to fuck off and never come back.

My mate said there were loads of cockney Liverpool supporters reading the Sun in the airport the day after we lost to Milan in Athens.

Should have told him to fuck off and never come back.

My mate said there were loads of cockney Liverpool supporters reading the Sun in the airport the day after we lost to Milan in Athens.

I was at Euston station getting the train a couple of seasons ago and some fucking beaut wearing a liverpool replica shirt catching the same train had a copy of that filthy rag rolled up in the outside pocket of his rucksack.

I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him if he was taking the piss carrying that rag....he looked at me blankly as if to say 'whats up?'...

I asked him to dump it there and then - he wouldn't i reached to his bag took it out launched it and told him he was a fucking prick as well as telling him i was doing him a favour.

The fucking idiot was clueless.

On the theme of ripping into rag readers

Istanbul, the following morning waiting outside the airport in that massive tent, there were 5/6 lads sitting off reading a copy of the rag, passing it around, our kid(mild mannered though a big old lump) clocks them, storms over, rips the paper out of one of the lads hands, tears it to shreds and then tares a strip out of them all, foaming at the mouth and giving every single one of them down the banks, after a few minutes he marches off chest out, head held high.

He then receives a round of applause from us and all the other groups of lads siting around watching it all happen.

Brothers eh, sometimes they can be a right pain in the arse, but sometimes, you just have to stand back, admire them, proud that, thats your brother.  

• Upvote 5

• 1 year later...

Burnley

Southampton 

Crystal palace 

Obviously I'd like Everton to be relegated but they will have too much quality to be down there. I'm still undecided whether I hate Newcastle as I liked them when Kevin Keegan was the manager but their fans can be twats. 

I know a couple of Sheffield United fans who are sound and the more I see if Wednesday fans on social media I hate them as they are always having a pop at us about Hillsborough and possibly even worse than Mancs. So if Sheffield puts staying up pisses them off then that's good.