You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (a) 19/9/17 - Let's show some bottle in The Milk Cup.

an tha

It's not rubbish though is it. How many times did we witness Gerrard pull the rest of the team up by the scruff of its neck to perform and to win games? It's true we have no leaders but we've had no leaders for years. The difference was that we had Gerrard who pulled it together for us. I've seen more leadership than Henderson in one of our jack russel's turds.

Gerrard was a magnificent player,he wasn't a particularly good captain. Carragher was much more vocal than Gerrard and he wasnt the captain.

I think that the lack of transfers has become the major focus when our set up is the first problem to deal with.

I simply do not accept that our defenders are capable of playing this brand of heavy metal football.

Yes, we could have signed better defenders, but in this system, which appears non negotiable, you really do need top top defenders and midfielders, as one or two lapses in concentration or lack in ability leads to clear cut opportunities against us.

We dont have anything like enough ability to play the way we do. There is no game management like united, Chelsea or spurs, who understand the need to be resolute AND score goals.

We have the players who could still score a lot of goals even if we do not throw caution to the wind defensively.

I don't think that persisting with the way we play is sustainable. Heads are dropping, self fulfilling prophecies are playing out in front of our eyes week after week and the psychological damage to the players, who cannot function in the way they are sent out to play, is palpable. The full backs playing as wingers and offering less protection. We cannot deal with lumped balls against central defenders who cannot handle physicality and dont have the levels of concentration to deal with these situations, as proved week after week, with ineffective protection and leadership from a midfield lacking Lallana and a fully fit Coutinho and Henderson offering protection?

The reaction from this lot is normal. They are being sent out to do something they cant, in a way that makes it more difficult for them.

I am coming around to the idea that Klopp wont win anything here.

I am looking for Klopp to adapt here, give us a formation and instructions where we have a better chance of winning games with the players we have.

Klaven and Lovren are our reality for now, so play in a way that gives them half a chance.

I believe that Henderson should be dropped, but something tells me that Klopp wont do it as he is club captain. He sees players like Grujic and Solanke as young boys, behind those who are established, and they won't get the chance with the likes of Mane and Salah to help turn this around.

If we carry on doing what we have been doing, with the players who consistently let us down, we will get a known outcome, and I would sack Klopp for it.

The chips are down. Let's see how Klopp deals with it. Of course, i want him to succeed.