You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (a) 19/9/17 - Let's show some bottle in The Milk Cup.

an tha

He's 21. He's barely started any games. I'm not sure exactly what you'd expect him to be doing at this stage that he's not been doing but he was certainly good last night, in my opinion anyway. He's positive, has a good touch, is physical, good in the air, has shown he can shoot previously, doesn't seem to lack bollocks. He's a bit rash though and needs to cut that out. Honestly can't understand this post at all

Not saying he is shite just don't get the hype.

His touch was poor last night but that's opinions eh.

He scored a few in preseason. That's 1/2 pace football. Loads of space and time. Prem league is a different sport.

Like you say he is 21, not 17. If he had it it would be evident. I don't see it.

Hope I'm wrong.

Believe me Jimmy I watched that cunts every move.

I loved Lucas, you know. He was as adept at stupid tackles in dangerous places same as Marko. True, he didnt smack anyone in the gob like Marko last night.

But as I said, he needs to cut the Lucas-eque fouls and cards out otherwise he'll be on a 1 game ban after 5 appearances.

I don't understand the Wijnaldum hate. Thought he was good last night, moved the ball and drove forward well with it on a few occasions and won it back a good few times. He was a key part of our dominance in the middle of the park for the first 55 minutes of the game.

Not all of us.

I rate Wijnaldum and agree he was a key part of our dominance.

He's constantly making runs to open up space for others, moves well defesively too to cut of angels and deny opp. room to play in. His tackling isn't the best but not that bad either. To me he's probably our best midfielder, Coutinho apart of course.

• Upvote 1

Not saying he is shite just don't get the hype.

His touch was poor last night but that's opinions eh.

He scored a few in preseason. That's 1/2 pace football. Loads of space and time. Prem league is a different sport.

Like you say he is 21, not 17. If he had it it would be evident. I don't see it.

Hope I'm wrong.

Barely played yet doesn't have, Chamberlain played 7 years in the PL needs time. Not saying that's your opinion like, but shows how polar they can be.

Not all of us.

I rate Wijnaldum and agree he was a key part of our dominance.

He's constantly making runs to open up space for others, moves well defesively too to cut of angels and deny opp. room to play in. His tackling isn't the best but not that bad either. To me he's probably our best midfielder, Coutinho apart of course.

I'd argue Lallana, who is a superb player both technically and in attitude. However, his injury record is getting increasingly worse.

Barely played yet doesn't have, Chamberlain played 7 years in the PL needs time. Not saying that's your opinion like, but shows how polar they can be.

I wouldn't have touched Chamberlain. If we had bought him from a Pulis or Fat Sam side maybe but for all the shit he takes Wenger can spot and work on talent. Expecting Klopp to see something Wenger did not is a Long shot.

As for Grujic. Yes let's give him a go. I'm all for it. But to me it shows how desperate we are if we are expecting this lad to make a big impact. I don't see what massive difference he can make

I wouldn't have touched Chamberlain. If we had bought him from a Pulis or Fat Sam side maybe but for all the shit he takes Wenger can spot and work on talent. Expecting Klopp to see something Wenger did not is a Long shot.

As for Grujic. Yes let's give him a go. I'm all for it. But to me it shows how desperate we are if we are expecting this lad to make a big impact. I don't see what massive difference he can make

Never wanted him either 35m as well. This kid is full of potential and came for a modest fee.

Chamberlain was a completely ludicrous purchase for an average at best with a poor record of both goals and injuries particularly with only 12 months left on his contract. I don't want to hear anything about not having money from the club when we can piss away £35 million (£40m with add-ons) on a bench warmer at best.

• Upvote 1

Not me. He is nasty fucker with bags of pace, isn't a total shithouse, and scores loads of goals. But yeah Brexit or something...

Klopp is waiting forever for these perfect players in the transfer market. He needs to start thinking of the here and now. 2 cbs in January and a centre mid.

A Manager that's thinking of the here and now, plays Milner at RB until Clyne is ready, signs a veteran CB that's good enough but not great and plays a settled team.  Given the fact we're accepting the mistakes kids make, rotating the squad, deferring transfers etc, it seems pretty obvious the short-term goal is not the here and now.  

Look at it how you want but what I see is a manager who's decided this season's for developing the squad ready for a big push when the final pieces fall into place (i.e. VVD/Keita et al).  Right now, winning is not being prioritized higher than development IMO.

That  might have to change.

A Manager that's thinking of the here and now, plays Milner at RB until Clyne is ready, signs a veteran CB that's good enough but not great and plays a settled team.  Given the fact we're accepting the mistakes kids make, rotating the squad, deferring transfers etc, it seems pretty obvious the short-term goal is not the here and now.  

Look at it how you want but what I see is a manager who's decided this season's for developing the squad ready for a big push when the final pieces fall into place (i.e. VVD/Keita et al).  Right now, winning is not being prioritized higher than development IMO.

That  might have to change.

Failing uncompetitive organisations of any kind always focus on the long-term, they look to the future because they can't compete in the present. We're always in transition and some way along yet another five year plan. Good management has to focus on the short, medium and long term simultaneously. Most of our rivals will be.

If we focus on next season or the season after that, we fall out of CL qualification which will hinder our long term development anyway as we won't be able to attract the very best players of any age. We can be pretty certain that the club will be rolling that out as an excuse for abstaining from the transfer market next summer.

• Upvote 1

Failing uncompetitive organisations of any kind always focus on the long-term, they look to the future because they can't compete in the present. We're always in transition and some way along yet another five year plan. Good management has to focus on the short, medium and long term simultaneously. Most of our rivals will be.

If we focus on next season or the season after that, we fall out of CL qualification which will hinder our long term development anyway as we won't be able to attract the very best players of any age. We can be pretty certain that the club will be rolling that out as an excuse for abstaining from the transfer market next summer.

Maybe he is doing like you say.  What he's not doing is a mourinhoesque focus on winning, that's for sure!

It's easy if you know how.  What you do is make your mind up very early, for example after one game (see The Ox), then stick to that view no matter what else happens.

I think most were really really trying to spot something with Winjaldum and gave him plenty of time but after a year now as first choice I'm not seeing it and can safely say that he is crap. You might get one good game in 5 if you are lucky but thats not enough, nowhere near it.

Now he might turn it around, but I doubt it. Doesn't have the mentality for the club. And obviously he isn't alone in that.

I think most were really really trying to spot something with Winjaldum and gave him plenty of time but after a year now as first choice I'm not seeing it and can safely say that he is crap. You might get one good game in 5 if you are lucky but thats not enough, nowhere near it.

Now he might turn it around, but I doubt it. Doesn't have the mentality for the club. And obviously he isn't alone in that.

If the team had to carry Wijnaldum through four bad games in five Klopp would have dropped him by now.  He hasn't dropped him, so I think you're wide of the mark there.